The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
Its just started raining here now, although they do alledge that it will drop to -6 tonight, so slidey times should be here again by the morning.
There is snow to the north of us. There is snow to the east of us. There is snow to the south of us. But still Oxford has no snow, only sleet and rain. A few miles down the road towards Reading they are getting bucketfuls of the stuff, and all that is gonna happen to us tonight is the wetness on the ground will freeze and it will be like an ice rink tomorrow
we've had snow non stop all day its proper descent deep
Quote from mookie427 :A few miles down the road towards Reading they are getting bucketfuls of the stuff,

A friend of mine is trapped in work in Reading and will probably end up staying the night there. She did half a mile in 2 hours on the way home and eventually just turned round and went back.

In Manchester, I just went out on my mountain bike to the shops and if you ignore the cold, it's lovely out. We haven't had any snow for around 48 hours now so it turned to slush on the roads, but now it's dropped down to about -4 degrees, as the cars kick the slush up, it's freezing and slowly turning into a powder. It's like riding on powdered sugar, and is surprisingly grippy.
i live in a town just outside Reading and the roads today have been chaos, saw some idiot jam on the brakes and spin their Toyota Yaris
Quite clearly a sight to see.
Theres all sorts of thing that have been crashed into around here, a roundabout for example, someone obviosly was going far too fast and braked coming upto it, slid all the way accross, and mounted the kerb around it, destroying the front of their car (glass and bumper bits laying about) and knocking the arrow sign over thats concreted into the roundabout, then about 400 yards down on one of the roads coming upto the other side of that roundabout, looks like someone has involuntarily turned left, over the kerb and knocked a massive road sign oner, noobs i tell ya!

Pics to follow.
Quote from DevilDare :This reminds me.

After coming to a complete stop most of them don't cut their losses and park up they keep flooring the gas, that first driver is an idiot, I can understand accelerating when you're sliding backwards, but hes just flooring it and totally making it worse.... American's eh? In an out of control situation, flooring the gas is the obvious problem solution!
Quote from BlueFlame :After coming to a complete stop most of them don't cut their losses and park up they keep flooring the gas, that first driver is an idiot, I can understand accelerating when you're sliding backwards, but hes just flooring it and totally making it worse.... American's eh? In an out of control situation, flooring the gas is the obvious problem solution!

Thats what i thought about the 1st car, flooring it like a noob, reminds me of this....

At what age are you too old to build a snowman and name it?
Well, im in love with this white stuff, Sledge in the day, snowball things at night!

-7C the now about 2-3" of snow and more forecast for tonight im feeling a white christmas
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :At what age are you too old to build a snowman and name it?

Here are some erm, alternative snow creations, courtesy of facebook mates.
Attached images
snow lol.jpg
snow people.jpg
Quote from danthebangerboy :Here are some erm, alternative snow creations, courtesy of facebook mates.

you wont find any of that in USA
woot! -10c here atm
We have a huge parking lot here at work, and it's sorta split in two with kerbs. The furthest part is empty, but they cleaned the snow anyway. So, naturally, I played there for 10 minutes before parking my car this morning. I mean, that's just normal, right? The lot can hold around 300 cars, so it's a good sized space.

Well, I got a good telling to by management for my lethal and reckless driving...
So doing awd donuts on an empty, well lit parking lot with no pedestrians, AND protected by kerbs is lethal? No wonder they drive 15mph on bare roads if snow is THAT dangerous. At least I know how my car behave in slippery conditions. They wouldn't know what to do if traction broke even if you told them. And you end up like in the video a few posts up....

I WILL do more donuts, though..
Wooo! Snowing hard here again finally, after 3 days
The snow is melting over here aswell... just when i decided to put snow tyres on the s2k and have some fun.
Zomg! Very much of snow in here. Thats great! I love snow
Lots of snow fell this morning in Aberdeen!! Tried to go to work, but turned around and came home. Took me over an hour to cover 3miles... I used to stay out in the countryside where our roads were barely ploughed and still managed to drag my little fiesta into town... until the snow was too deep to drive over.

Woke up this morning, thinking it would be a piece of piss to get to work, I was wrong! People in the city haven't got a clue what the hell to do in the snow!! Some plonker in his Audi S4 had his foot to the floor on a straight, flat bit of road which of course was making him weave all over the road to the degree us coming in the other direction were forced to dive into the parking spaces full of snow to avoid being hit.

Then another one as we went downhill about to approach the slight incline over the bridge he slowed down so barely even made it onto the hill. We all backed up so he could take a run... but nope Mr Alfa was determined he could burn up all the snow by wheel spinning for 5mins. I got out, told him you need to back up and take a run at it otherwise your going to burn your clutch out (it was stinking)... he looks at me if I'm stupid and continues doing it his way. In the end I took a run at it, went into the deeper snow on the otherside of the road and still made it up.
apparently it did snow yesterday, it was just so sparse that i couldn't see it from the window...

although, i wouldn't exactly call this snow. the sidewalk is clean.
Attached images
moto_0034.jpg

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG