The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
I saw the word CU... well... you can guess the rest, written down the side of a parked van in about 2 feet high letters on the way to work the other day, i lol'd a little bit.
I am now giddy just coming in recently from running the snowblower through the driveway. It was only about 4 inches, but when we get 12+, the roadplows toss all the stuff from the road into the bottom of our driveways. No more 100 mph in reverse to get out onto the road. Previous years, I would spend 5-6 hours out there removing the 20 inch thick stuff from the driveway and from the mailbox. Now it will be 20 minutes to clear the entire driveway

And it was fun
Finally having some snow in here too! snow+rwd=FAN!!!
Hard to come back to inside after driving.. just would want to continue forever
the first time i got to move a real car in a long time was trying to move it from the 14" snow, its fwd, and summer tires....lets just say with boots and ack of experience the pedals might as well not be there
Quote from logitekg25 :the first time i got to move a real car in a long time was trying to move it from the 14" snow, its fwd, and summer tires....lets just say with boots and ack of experience the pedals might as well not be there

Haha, I had to move my brother's FWD Infiniti with summer tires as well. Needed a big push to get it moving. Managed to get stuck in parking lot of wal-mart with 2 inches of snow in the road... sad day, lol.
it had no problems can you say not fun
Well i have no School today and i ain't sure if i should go out or not. Very good amount of snow but again am still ill which just SUCKS!!!!

Oh well i guess i must of done something to piss off the Karma gods..... again
FUN ride to work this morning...

We had about 2 inches of snow yesterday evening, but it's been a totally clear night so everything is now covered in 2 inches of ice, not snow.
It was a bit mad until I got far enough up into the city centre so it had been melted enough. Most of the way there was a 2-foot wide strip of slush full of footprints, tyre tracks and lumps of ice thrown off by the traffic, all of which had frozen solid making it impossible to ride on. I ended up following a bus, riding over the parts it had flattened.
Because of the snow, it's still light at night. I took this picture last night, because I couldn't sleep.

Link.
Finally got my rally-rocket back on the road. Only drove it from my garage to work so far,but tonight will be FUN!

AWD+LSDs+snow=Win!
well it was -8 this morning at 6 on the way to work. Then it warmed up and started raining at about 9.
At 11 is really started snowing a lot. Now we have about 4 inches and it's still snowing very heavily. Has been a very good week and 5 days of snow.
Heavenly and the next few days will be sunny. Amazing weather currently. WIll get some photos later
Sorry about the crap quality of the pic.. but here's a snap from North London.
Attached images
Snow.JPG
Snowing here again, and pretty heavy too, and settling, don't like snow anymore. :doh:
Nothing here anymore.

Looks like it just was a one night stand.
Here is a few pics of the bend that i have named 'drift turn' which leads upto my workplace, its made up of 2 days of snow and 3 nights of sub zetro weather, so is all compacted into a lovely skidpan type surface, as it has usually been reduced to slush by about midday, but then re freezes again, very good!

I have perfected taking it in the roadster to a fine art now, so i can turn in and hold it nicely sideways for the entire bend, before straightening it up at the end and stopping at the gates, so sideways in fact, that it requires me to use all the opposite steering lock available, literally until i run out of steering rack in order to hold it, but god it's fun!
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Just had a quick shower of snow here (about an inch or so), but this has brought gridlock to my entire town :doh:

Every road in the entire town is now like a skating rink (literally). The roads are so slippery that you would struggle to bring the car to a stop even from 5 mph. Cars are sliding down hills from virtually standing still.

It is actually a disaster.. All the grit bins are empty with no plans by the council to refill them until after Christmas, all the cars are getting stuck and sliding into each other.

That is the result of about 2 hours snowfall.
Quote from 5haz :Snowing here again, and pretty heavy too, and settling, don't like snow anymore. :doh:

I think most people are feeling that way, at first it was kind of "Oh cool! White christmas!"

Now it's more "Oh for fu- MORE snow!?"
Quote from danthebangerboy :Here is a few pics of the bend that i have named 'drift turn' which leads upto my workplace, its made up of 2 days of snow and 3 nights of sub zetro weather, so is all compacted into a lovely skidpan type surface, as it has usually been reduced to slush by about midday, but then re freezes again, very good!

I have perfected taking it in the roadster to a fine art now, so i can turn in and hold it nicely sideways for the entire bend, before straightening it up at the end and stopping at the gates, so sideways in fact, that it requires me to use all the opposite steering lock available, literally until i run out of steering rack in order to hold it, but god it's fun!

We wanna see Dannydorifto not some pics of a supposed host to events.
Lol, i did attempt some 'on board' video footage but trying to hold the phone as well as drift didn't really work, as i ended up dropping the phone and spinning the car out at the same time.

However, i am now wondering if i could cable tie my phone to the rear view mirror or something, no wait, that would be too far forwards, maybe fixed on the passenger side headrest somehow may work.
Unfortunately most of the roads in Southampton were covered in black ice this morning. The first victim I heard of was my sisters new motorbike, she dropped it on black ice at the end of my road, not much damage though (her own fault for trying to ride it to work, lesson learnt). The big problems came when last minute shoppers combined with the weather, the whole city center was gridlocked. I was hearing stories of people stuck in carparks for 2 hours because of the traffic. Luckily for me I had work from 2pm to 6pm, missing the worst of the ice and snow, and the worst of the christmas shoppers.
Well, ely town centre has been truly shocking today, the roads had been treated a little bit, but the pavements, nope, just left, covered in packed down snowy ice, very dangerous.

My boss, who had been down there and saw an old lady very nearly fall over, phoned the council and voiced his opinions that it was very dangerous and they said that they would look into it.

The last thing we heard from one of our customers who was working dowmn there (refitting a shop) was that three OAP's had fallen over in the town centre this afternoon and now have a broken leg each.
it still keeps coming down :S
time to go outside and dig my car out for the morning!
we still have no snow.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Well, ely town centre has been truly shocking today, the roads had been treated a little bit, but the pavements, nope, just left, covered in packed down snowy ice, very dangerous.

My boss, who had been down there and saw an old lady very nearly fall over, phoned the council and voiced his opinions that it was very dangerous and they said that they would look into it.

The last thing we heard from one of our customers who was working dowmn there (refitting a shop) was that three OAP's had fallen over in the town centre this afternoon and now have a broken leg each.

Same here, roads are reasonably ok now (apart from mine, still an inch deep in ice!) but the pavements havent been touched! Took 20mins to do a "normal" 5 min walk to the station this morning as its all pure ice still. But the council dont seem to mind as long as the motorways are clear...

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG