The online racing simulator
One Billion Km
(50 posts, started )
Quote from GeForz :You obviously didn't read the thread

Right back at ya:

Quote from pik_d :You mean less scientifically correct, right? T is the SI denotation for 10^12 whether you use the long or short scale.

Al Bundy had a million on his Dodge, remember.
In Spain and I think in may other countries this is not a billion.

In english 1.000.000.000 is a billion, for me is a thousand of millions, a billion is 1.000.000.000.000 a million of a millions. An trillion is a million of a billions, etc..

So how many km on the Scirocco now?
+0
-
(Jordan2007) DELETED by Jordan2007
Whatever the scale may be, it is done now.
1,000,049,707 Km
Truly an archivement for an indie sim done by three guys.
I contributed a whopping 0.013%
1,000,079,602 Km now.

Let's count until 1,000,000,000,000 Km! :laola:
Did it pass it on this sunday as I predicted?
Quote from libben :Did it pass it on this sunday as I predicted?

one bilion was broken 23:55 this sunday (20th Dec)
My question is - who drove the billionth kilometre?
Quote from Dajmin :My question is - who drove the billionth kilometre?

hard to say...there were about 700 drivers online that time so it could be anyone from them and how would you say who drove that specific kilometer when there could be about 500 cars moving on the track?
Al drivers who were driving at that specific moment contributed. The stats have to be updated at an interval greater than zero (because it's done by a computer) so you COULD trace the one who submitted the distance needed to pass the Billion Km mark. But that is because the distance is submitted sequentially after that distance was driven. In the concept of cumulative driven distance however everyone driving at that moment contributed because the adding of distance should be done at an infinite rate.
Quote from bavorak :one bilion was broken 23:55 this sunday (20th Dec)

Nice, and with only 5 mins to spare
Quote from libben :Nice, and with only 5 mins to spare

it would be nice to get it exactly at midnigth but racing cant be delayed and 5 minutes is hell of a long time to wait
Quote from tristancliffe :English

1,000,000,000 = one thousand million

I was always taught that this was a billion. 1000million = billion.
Then, one must deduce, you were either taught in America, or missed the preceeding part of the sentence when the teacher said "and in America...".
Quote from tristancliffe :Then, one must deduce, you were either taught in America, or missed the preceeding part of the sentence when the teacher said "and in America...".

Say one thousand million, it doesn't sound right. Say Nine hundred and ninty nine thousand million and it sounds right, which tells you that a thousand million is a billion.
Quote from BlueFlame :Say one thousand million, it doesn't sound right. Say Nine hundred and ninty nine thousand million and it sounds right, which tells you that a thousand million is a billion.

Sounds fine to me. Maybe it's just big a number for your brain to cope with?

One Billion Km
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG