The online racing simulator
LX6 Slow motion drift at SO Sprint 2
(25 posts, started )
very nice
very nice

these movies rule
I enjoyed watching this one...exept 4 the music...not my style...
Quote from Matrixi :Another slowmo movie by me, I hope you will like this.

50FPS / 720x420 / 2000kbit/s / DivX & Mp3 / 34MB

http://nismo.1g.fi/temp/lx6-sosprint-slowmo.avi

tell me please, how did you lay your fingers onto the frames?
Since Fraps doesn't seem to handle "big" capture sizes with moderate rates...

thx
Quote from micha1980de :tell me please, how did you lay your fingers onto the frames?
Since Fraps doesn't seem to handle "big" capture sizes with moderate rates...

run the replay in super slowmo (like .125) let fraps capture at a low framerate and speed it up afterwards

oh and lovely video ... really nice how the lx' suspension is working over all the bumps ... weird choice of music though (not like dons first slomo vids were any better in that regard )

and dude your like going the wrong direction
pretty time intensive, but how do you avoid the opposite of dropped frames (double recorded frames)?
Or does fraps sync itself?
afaik fraps synch itselfs and caps the framerate at the one youve set in fraps
at least as long as your pc can save the avi at that rate
Micha, capture at 25fps then speed up clips to 50fps. I know about the weird music choice, I spent 40 mins trying to pick a good one but didn't come up with anything. It's tough picking appropriate music to slomo vids, can't use anything too fast paced or too energetic, wouldn't fit the mood.
Excellent video and great driving!
Sexy stuff as always, good job How the suspension bends in sloooooooomode is just awsome
Nice Toni!
hey
nice movie

would u mind sharing ur PC specs? cpu.. ram..videocard.. etc...
thx

awesome quality
I liked it, but I think you've got to work on your camera movement...

For example, when the car is sliding one way, you are closely zoomed in on it, and then once the car whips the other direction, you YANK the camera to the opposite direction... you get NO sense of movement of the car, and it is very hard to stay focused on the tires or suspension in slow motion. That is the key to slow motion videos.

If you notice on any slow motion clips, like in F1 for example, they zoom in and focus on a particular area. They aren't moving the camera all around and messing up your focus. Hope you understand.
Thanks for the comment Tweak. I'll try to work on that next time.
but most of us aren't professionals, and for that i think it's one of the better movies considering size/framerate/bitrate.
sadly many "internet" movies/trailers/clips lack a bit of quality...

good work, mate
Thats the sort of video that shows of the physics of LFS really well, very nice video.

Dan,
i really liked it. and as a gran turismo fan, i can understand why you chose that music .

help me!
[quote=Matrixi]Another slowmo movie by me, I hope you will like this.

50FPS / 720x420 / 2000kbit/s / DivX & Mp3 / 34MB

Hello Matrixi,

GREAT movie, hi-quality slowmotion!!!! how did you record this movie on 50 fps?? fraps or other software?? speed in lfs 0.125?
Nope. 0.250 speed.
Fetzo I dunno, maybe I'm a bit out of date, but for me Gran Turismo music still is
1) Cardigans - my favourite game
2) Rob Zombie - Dragula
3) Apollo 440 - cold rock the mic

at least theese are the first tracks that come in to my mind
Nice I wish all of the other tracks were as bumpy as South City...

But I wouldn't show this to people who have never heard of LFS. The ice track drifting is not the best way to show LFS.
I like it.
Nice movie
#24 - Smax
Quote from squidhead :Fetzo I dunno, maybe I'm a bit out of date, but for me Gran Turismo music still is
1) Cardigans - my favourite game
2) Rob Zombie - Dragula
3) Apollo 440 - cold rock the mic

at least theese are the first tracks that come in to my mind

Naaaaaahh....

Feeder "Just a day" Gran Turismo 3

Manic St Preachers remix [but I forget which track] Gran Tursimo 1
Feeder had the only songs I listened and liked in GT3. Turned everything else off. The GT4 soundtrack is worthless imo, it has nothing that gets your mojo running when racing.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG