DFGT vs G25
(20 posts, started )
DFGT vs G25
Hey guys i want a wheel but i am stuck. I have read review after review and watched video after video but i can't make up my mind :/

Its the DFGT or G25, here are the reason i am stuck -

DFGT -
i can get one for £63
and has 900degree rotation and good FFB
BUT the pedals are not great with no clutch and there is no decent shifter

G25 -
Has a clutch and H shifter which is a good bonus
has 900degree rotation and good FFB
BUT the price its twice as much as the DFGT if not more, depending

I have just started sim racing after beening out of it for 2 years and was woundering what you guys recommend. As i am stuck, I was goning to get the DFGT but then i read something and change my mind its so annoying HAHA

Cheers
Alex
I have both.

The FFB on the G25 and DFGT is very very similar

The DFGT is noisier though, wratchet sound is quite annoying.

The DFGT has a load of buttons which is nice

The leather on the G25 feels nicer

I have problems with the driver for the DFGT, I have to unplug the USB every bleedin time to get the 900 deg back. No such issues with the G25

The flappy paddles on the G25 are way way better than the DFGT equivelant paddle buttons.

The G25 pedals are in a different league to the DFGT's which are rubbish.

Obviously the G25 has an H-shifter and clutch pedal.

I am currently using the DFGT wheel with G25 pedals but only because I've had the G25 wheel for nearly 3 years and the fixing clamps are goosed. People have had issues with the shifter but mine is still going strong. The G25 shifter is not bad at all when you compare it to the hundred you've to pay for a bespoke shifter. I have an SST lightning shifter which is no more realistic than the G25's really.

All in all if you can afford it I would go for the G25, the price it's at right now is a steal really especially with the clutch, and combined H-shifter/sequential shifter. If you don't you'll always be wondering about the G25 pedals and shifter and what your missing!

The only advantage with the DFGT, apart from the price, is all the buttons on the wheel.
just ordered G25 should be here in the next 2 -3 days gettin it as an early xmas present haha
Actually I was lying, the DFGT is way better muhahaha

Only joking, i'm sure you won't be disapointed, congratulations on your new wheel.

I can highly recommend Leo Bodnars box of tricks and the Nixim brake mod if you want to do some improvement in the future.

Leo's box increases the resolution of the inputs and can you use the pedals as stand alone. Nixim brake mod is just a piece of rubber that adds more restance to the brake and makes it feel more like the real thing.

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/

http://www.nixim.com/products.html

hehe you'll be skint before you know it...what about a cockpit, or triple monitors perhaps??
Quote from AlienT. :Actually I was lying, the DFGT is way better muhahaha

Only joking, i'm sure you won't be disapointed, congratulations on your new wheel.

I can highly recommend Leo Bodnars box of tricks and the Nixim brake mod if you want to do some improvement in the future.

Leo's box increases the resolution of the inputs and can you use the pedals as stand alone. Nixim brake mod is just a piece of rubber that adds more restance to the brake and makes it feel more like the real thing.

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/

http://www.nixim.com/products.html

hehe you'll be skint before you know it...what about a cockpit, or triple monitors perhaps??

lol i knew was betetr was jsut the price really, but i got my rents to get it me instead, they wer elike ur 20 grow up so i bought it and made them give me the money haha
Quote from alient. :actually i was lying, the dfgt is way better muhahaha

looooollllll
I bought DFGT but i am thinking to sell it to buy the G25 because i want a shifter and clutch but i dont now where to buy those things cheap for the DFGT i am racing in long races and driving in cruise and i think The DFGT is more comfortable than the G25 but will see
question: do the G25 shifter or pedals work with the DFGT?
Quote from BOSCHO :I bought DFGT but i am thinking to sell it to buy the G25 because i want a shifter and clutch but i dont now where to buy those things cheap for the DFGT i am racing in long races and driving in cruise and i think The DFGT is more comfortable than the G25 but will see
question: do the G25 shifter or pedals work with the DFGT?

they do, or get them fanatec pedals?
Quote from juicedfusion :they do, or get them fanatec pedals?

thanks
i will try to find g25 pedals and shifter
mmm i have limited budget for fanatec pedals
You will need the Bodnar box to run the G25 pedals as stand alone.
Question: well just got my g25 and it looks great but when i am ingame (after setting everything up in and out of game) if i loose the back end or slight control i loose it all together i mean wtf i drove betetr with my controller and am begining to think it was a waste of money i have turn set to 720 in and out of game and FFB 105% out and 25% in can some1 please help

thanks
You use too much throttle. Plus to that,IMO you'd need to turn quicker with 900 degrees.
Quote from hp999 :You use too much throttle. Plus to that,IMO you'd need to turn quicker with 900 degrees.

okay, wud reducing degree too less that 720 help orr?
is it properly calibrated?
Yes,it would help. Try 240/270 for example.
Practise.

Dont expect to go from controller to a wheel and go at same pace or even faster.

It will take time to get used to. Yes, you will be a "noob" again (or whatever the internet slang for "crap" these days is), but it will pay off in the long term.

So yeah - Dont be put down on the first couple of weeks.
Quote from DevilDare :Practise.

Dont expect to go from controller to a wheel and go at same pace or even faster.

It will take time to get used to. Yes, you will be a "noob" again (or whatever the internet slang for "crap" these days is), but it will pay off in the long term.

So yeah - Dont be put down on the first couple of weeks.

i mainly use gtr cars like fxo wat u suggest 540 ingame and wingamn with 105%wing and 25 ingame?

****btw is there a way to edit the turn degree in wingman to a specific number cuase the slider is rubbish lol****
Quote from juicedfusion :i mainly use gtr cars like fxo wat u suggest 540 ingame and wingamn with 105%wing and 25 ingame?

For normal cars I use 101% in profiler and 100% in game
For XRR and FZR 65% in game
For FXR 50%

Always with 540º steering

Quote from juicedfusion :
****btw is there a way to edit the turn degree in wingman to a specific number cuase the slider is rubbish lol****

Use the arrow keys to modify it
Definately use 540 degrees when you're starting out!

I also recently got a wheel and i'm steadily getting better, just practice

DFGT vs G25
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG