The online racing simulator
Saving money to buy a few things (help)
(28 posts, started )
Saving money to buy a few things (help)
Hai, I need to upgrade my computer parts pretty much.
I newly got a new motherboard, about half a year. I got a Readon 3850 1 year ago. Powersupply half a year. Thats the only "upgrades" I've got since i bougth a HP computer 3 years ago, so the other parts are crap.

I run LFS fast enough but it gets a bit laggy at other games, but new games are coming all the time and at some point it wont handle new games.

So my question is:
What should I upgrade?

I want to buy:
New monitor
Videocard - Done
Harddisk - Done

Is there something else I should upgrade since everything else is 3 years old and getting pretty slow loadin stuff.

Thanks
#2 - G!NhO
Hich CPU you got??
I'm not at hope atm, Ill get home soon.

But for now, no idea...
If ur looking for nice monitor, Acer H233H is what i can review for u. A nice budget monitor, 23" fullhd. Also i can review ATI Radeon HD4870 for u.
#5 - G!NhO
Just buy a 32" FullHD TV for a monitor.
Quote from hazaky :If ur looking for nice monitor, Acer H233H is what i can review for u. A nice budget monitor, 23" fullhd. Also i can review ATI Radeon HD4870 for u.

That looks totally awsome
Quote from G!NhO :Just buy a 32" FullHD TV for a monitor.

I dont crap money you know...

#7 - G!NhO
Some are only 400 euro.

I got mine for 430 euro, Samsung series3(or 4 idk) 32" full HD.
TN garbage.
#9 - Migz
Quote from G!NhO :Just buy a 32" FullHD TV for a monitor.

Thats what i did, except it was a 36" HDTV, it's a bitch on the eyes
Monitor: 2333sw Samsung 1080
GPU: 4870 (runs Dirt 2 at about 50fps with 2x aa for me)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb

Quote from Forbin :TN garbage.

I almost killed myself when I ordered my XMas present as it's a TN monitor, but anything like IPS.. they're just far far too expensive, and when what I'm gonna use it for (PS3 in my bedroom, sometimes as a monitor for my iMac.).

Oh well, hopefully this job pans out, and I can start saving for another monitor.

Also: A TV is a bad idea for a monitor, as they end up costing like twice as much because they have a Coax input... it's cheaper for the monitor + a TV tuner...
My NEC 20WMGX2 has a coax input and speakers. 20" widescreen IPS panel. A couple years ago it was $500 USD. They stopped making it, though.
That's still a lot more $ than a TN display.. 24" for a hair over 200$ CDN. Speakers, HDMI, DVI and VGA input..

I'd take an IPS any day, but.. money sometimes stands in the way.
Quote from Forbin :TN garbage.

Yeah, but if you're not using it for design work or as a TV it doesn't really matter if the colours don't look right. It's just a large, cheap monitor.
Who needs to design?! That's what outsourcing is for!

... might not be a good thing to say, when I have a job interview for "Programmer" on monday morning.. for Web development
Hey good luck man. Just don't talk about anything you talk about on this forum and you'll be fine.
Damn, I was gonna work in a PS3 vs Xbox flamewar, along with a "MACS RULE, PC'S SUCK!" (Already known that they laugh at Apple users.. and they know I am one ).. Maybe for my piece de resistance, some in-jokes and a random CMS advert for you.

I'd work on ram, cpu and gfx card. (no order)

A huge screen is pointless for gaming without the rest being good else u'll simply have a big fuzzy image or you will hav to run the games at lower settings. Just a thought.
It's also the piece that lasts the longest, though. If you get a good one, it'll last you at least 2-4 system builds with no monitor upgrade.
I may have to learn how to install all these nice gadgets.

Or just wait till i'm older and buy a bigger pc. The one i have atm is space saving, so some gpu's etc may not actually fit!
Quote from brandons48 :I may have to learn how to install all these nice gadgets.

I built my own system from scratch for the first time when I was 13. It's not hard.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah, but if you're not using it for design work or as a TV it doesn't really matter if the colours don't look right. It's just a large, cheap monitor.

if you dont have your head always exactly in front of the screen or if you use a single colour background you will notice that its a tn panel all the time
Then Shot, you gonna cover the extra for me to get my TN panel to an IPS or something?
nah you deserve all the eye straining uglyness the world of tn has to offer

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG