The online racing simulator
Tune'd Heaven
(10 posts, started )
Tune'd Heaven
Old vid, but forgot to post a thread for it. Check it out, I'm still an newby vid maker, but i think its pretty good for a noob

Feel free to respond with criticisms, but lets not be too harsh..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4x09c8Ie48
Well i got few critics right here and suggestions to improve.

- Low FPS - Upgrade your rig or lower the quality to 16-bit when making vids.
- Camerawork - You could practise using the camera mod (shift + u) options a little, you learn it by practising, just like making skins for cars.
- Music - Should follow the video as when the Music highlights are on (for example; some good beat coming up and you show some nice overtakes etc..)
- Cockyness - Dont rate your own Thread 5 stars

Overall you should try making some small video projects and try to improve by them, there is no need to publish them all. The demonstration of Tuned LFS is a good idea though.

I'd Give this 5/10 for a good effort.

Watch out for Squid though, he'll probably flame your vid to the ground.
Quote from EliteAti :Watch out for Squid though, he'll probably flame your vid to the ground.

He should have thought about it earlier, like before posting it and after reading the tutorial on how to make movies avoiding all the mistakes he did, but allright, I'll be very gentle

1. Why do you have to put a high pitch sound right in the beginning of the movie? So our ears would hurt? THANKS, I needed that.
2. Nothing like low FPS to start the day, makes me happy.
3. I REALLY love reading the server messages, you should have really made the whole movie about them, not about cars.
4. My favourite part if the fraps watermark overlay. LOVE IT.
5. Deliberate crashing? But that's pure genious, this is awesome! Makes everything so not random, and it's so cool to watch unrealistic crashes. Non realism is why we love this game!
6. I also enjoyed watching the empty track once the car flew away. it's much better than watching that junkyard skin that's for sure.

Phew, that's 30 seconds out of the way. Let's watch some more
And wow we got more deliberate crashing, well this improves it drastically!

7. Especially the parts where you change cameras to the ones we could use while watching raw SPR/MPR!
8. And it's good that you don't edit that out, cause we really want to see it

And how cool is that , the FZ5 skin is actually Akagi's private skin! And knowing he's a drifter, not a pointless crasher I'd say it's stolen! This improves the video by MILES!

That leaves us at a conclusion of 2/10. I've seen noobs executing much better movies, so no, this isn't "pretty good for a noob", this is "quite a bit less than average for a noob"
@Elite - Thank you for your constructive criticism

@Squid - Thanks alot man. That post really shows your insecure, childish personality. Im not here to entertain you, you scumbag. I posted it for the people who might actually APPRECIATE IT. And dont even say its not capable of being appreciated. Take your unneccesary criticisms elsewhere. We aren't even on the same page - I play this game once a month, and you mouth off like I should be a movie-making guru. And honestly, I couldn't care less about the quality of my movies, go shove that movie-making guide up your rear end. Put your priorities in order and come back when your head is screwed on correctly. I myself (and I'm sure all of the other movie makers who have fallen victim to your nagging attitude) realize what a immature baby you really are... (glad to see I identified the elephant in the room...) Oh, and in my opinion, dont even bother posting back, just leave with the little dignity that you still have. And once again, thanks for giving me a reason to speak my mind...scumbag
I dont get the point of the movie?
Tune'D Heaven? How does that work? I mean sure you'd die not sure about the heaven part. And where does the Tune'd part come in?
Im really at a lose for words on the title of the movie tbh.

I reckon you should take on board what squid said it may seem mean but it sure is alot of help.
Quote from xtremeracer83 :snip

Oh dear. You're talking about squid as if he's the biggest scum on earth just because he gave your vid bad criticism. Your comeback is calling him names and justifying why the video's bad. I can take the last thing there, but you're trying to make squid look like a fool but whilst doing that you're lowering yourself to a level you don't want to be in. Don't be stupid, it's not smart! >.<

Yes, squid put his opinions out a bit harsh at times. Personally I don't think this was too harsh, I've seen worse from this guy. What he did here was being honest and whilst being that, he gave you something you asked for; "Feel free to respond with criticisms, but lets not be too harsh.."

He wasn't too harsh. He was honest, and you asked for it.

The part where you said "I couldn't care less about the quality of my movies" made me lol. I don't know dude.. I find it hilarious that you asked for critisicm when you don't even care about it. I'll just keep that in mind and never look at one of your threads in the future since I know it'll contain the same crap as before.

Thanks for giving me a reason to speak my mind.
Quote from [SWE]RE :The part where you said "I couldn't care less about the quality of my movies" made me lol. I don't know dude.. I find it hilarious that you asked for critisicm when you don't even care about it. I'll just keep that in mind and never look at one of your threads in the future since I know it'll contain the same crap as before.

You DO know that threads like that usually provide more entertainment than the movie itself, so they still are worth to check out

Anyway... akhem...
Xtremeracer makes Squid ANGRY, you won't like me, when Im ANGRY! BAAARGH, SQUID BASH! BASH MORE MOVIES! well not really, this reply didn't even scratch the surface of things that can make me angry, or upset or anything. I'll just give it a regular treatment though.

(the amount of "scumbag" references made me read it in cliche mafioso voice)

Quote from xtremeracer83 :Im not here to entertain you, you scumbag. I posted it for the people who might actually APPRECIATE IT. And dont even say its not capable of being appreciated.

Well why didn't you say you were making this movie for lobotomized monkeys in the first place. It's a 12/10 job then!

Quote from xtremeracer83 :Take your unneccesary criticisms elsewhere.

Allright, I will take it to the threads that ask for criticism and constructive comments... LIKE THIS ONE FOR INSTANCE... I've expected some sort of a logical "battle of thoughts", where we could be proving each other wrong, and all that... you know, something that usually makes for an interesting read in a few months/years... but all I got is an emo reply that manages to prove it's poster wrong. Bad show, bad show.

Quote from xtremeracer83 :And honestly, I couldn't care less about the quality of my movies, go shove that movie-making guide up your rear end.

What a coincidence. I couldn't care less about the quality of your movies as well. So please go shove those up YOURS, and keep them there. We don't need crap like this made by people who fully admit knowing that it's crap, and not caring.

Quote from xtremeracer83 :Put your priorities in order and come back when your head is screwed on correctly.

I guess you're right... I should have breakfast before replying to this thread... I'll be back...

Edit : Much better, than you for good advice

Quote from xtremeracer83 :I myself (and I'm sure all of the other movie makers who have fallen victim to your nagging attitude) realize what a immature baby you really are... (glad to see I identified the elephant in the room...)

If you'd care about the quality of your movies - you'd actually thank me.
If you don't care about the quality of your movies - you shouldn't care about the nature of the comments posted about it.

Quote from xtremeracer83 :just leave with the little dignity that you still have.

Please stay and lose all the remaining dignity you still have, I really enjoy watching people digging their own holes

Quote from xtremeracer83 :And once again, thanks for giving me a reason to speak my mind...scumbag

The difference between you and me, I ALWAYS speak my mind, and you just wait for somebody to bash on you (even when it's honest opinion on the matter), which you will take as an offense, using it, to free that little damaged ego of yours and try and put somebody down, not to feel so insecure. If you need a reason to speak your mind, then you're a tool, a little cage monkey that's restrained by a series of it's own complexes, waiting for a reason to be the underdog to start flinging your feces around, so everyone would actually see you as a hero of the day making your shit not to stink. Pathetic (did I notice an elephant in the room?)

anyway
Quote from xtremeracer83 :Put your priorities in order and come back when your head is screwed on correctly.

Best damn advice ever! I think I'll go snowboarding today instead of to the pub! CHEERS!
I watched first few seconds of it and when the first great ubercool unrealistic crash came I turned it off because I was sure that wont be worth of watching to the end.
but I made the efford to read the whole squidhead´s post and he is absolutely right in all of the things he pointed out... yes 10 seconds of watching is enough for me to agree with squid...
Quote from xtremeracer83 :
@Squid - Thanks alot man. That post really shows your insecure, childish personality.

this has really made me laugh
xtremeracer83, im sorry but your movie was not good.
Quote from Dennis93 :xtremeracer83, im sorry but your movie was not good.

agreed and i think your the insecure one not Squid

EDIT:not you dennis, extremeracer83

Tune'd Heaven
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG