The online racing simulator
[Not a bug] LFS main site screenshots corrupted
EDIT: Not a bug please disregard.

Hi I have just noticed 5 of the latest batch of screen shots at lfs.net display very badly when clicked and opened, example below...

SD.
Attached images
ROK_lsd_3.jpg
#2 - Bean0
Is that not one that shows the raw output of the laser scanning, before being neatened up ?
Hehe That's a raw laser scanned track, not a bug
Thats the matrix that laser scan creates.

That picutre is 100% correct
#5 - vari
Dave: are you using Opera because it's perfectly fine in FF and IE
I don't think the "raw data" is in the form of a jpg but you could be right.

looks like messed up jpeg compression to me, funny how its only on those 5 shots.

SD.

EDIT: Vari, only IE Ill try ff and safari now
it looks like that to me on XP+IE8 as well... i'm assuming it's supposed to look that way.

what flame cze said.
It's a screenshot of the RAW data in the track building environment. The blobs are points that contain vector coords and a colour. The density is greatest near where the scan vehicle stopped (on the grass just next to the track, as shown by the black unscanned area).
Quote :Laser scanning

After considering various ways to try and recreate an accurate version of the real thing, we realised that laser scanning was the best method. Laser scanning produces millions of points in 3d space, so we can then build a track to line up as accurately as possible with the laser scanning data, which is said to have an accuracy of around 2 cm. We discussed this with apr services in London, and were impressed by their systems including the fact that the 3d points can also have a colour, created by matching the scanning data with a photograph. We were pleased to ask apr to obtain and process the data. Scans were taken from several points around the track so that all areas were seen by the scanner and camera. This was later combined into a single set of data which we imported into the LFS track editor. Here are some pictures of the laser scanning data.

Don't know where else you could have found the pics
LOL I feel a fool right now

thanks for the corrections I take it all back

I happened to click straight through to the screenshots page, I didn't remember that these 5 ss were from the lazer scanning 3d points with colour, as I already read that some weeks/months ago.

Please disregard this thread

SD.
#11 - vari
Sorry about the browser suggestion Dave, I thought you were joking so I made a joke too

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG