The online racing simulator
Yes if you have that special Eyefinity card, it supports up to 6 monitors. I dunno if LFS would support that many monitors though.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Yes if you have that special Eyefinity card, it supports up to 6 monitors. I dunno if LFS would support that many monitors though.

Scawen has stated (with the latest test patches) that LFS would support up to (I think) 12 monitors.
Wow that's ... practical! Who owns 12 monitors and has space for all of them on their desk?!
Probably nobody, but there's that possibility, but it also enables the ability for you to set that ridiculous width (and a silly FOV) to create a 360* camera (I did it earlier), which is ace for those dome screens.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen has stated (with the latest test patches) that LFS would support up to (I think) 12 monitors.

Technically LFS supports any number of displays, as long as you can make them show up as one monitor.
It's just the number of different viewpoint angles that you can have is limited. Which is 11 (not 12), one in the middle and 5 on each side.
well for one you dont need to have 11 monitors to use the feature
it works quite well with just one monitor (i currently use 7 viewports on one 4:3 screen) which guives you the closest thing to a cylindrical projection lfs currently has to offer
I actually like it, lets me use my 2 monitors effectively now.
Quote from Shotglass :well for one you dont need to have 11 monitors to use the feature
it works quite well with just one monitor (i currently use 7 viewports on one 4:3 screen) which guives you the closest thing to a cylindrical projection lfs currently has to offer

Sounding interesting, but I can´t imagine how it looks like... could you post a screenshot?
Quote from JustForFunRacing :Sounding interesting, but I can´t imagine how it looks like... could you post a screenshot?

Why don't you just try it? Anyone can with Z18, although your framerate might suffer too much to still be playable.
Oh... I guess I said it the wrong way...

I mean I can not imagine how to set it up... I mean 7 viewpoits on one Display? Or did he mean 7 viewpoits each on one display?
all you have to do is enable 5 monitors on each side of your central one in the options
since lfs cant render to more than the resolution youve set they all end up on your main one

currently im running 3 on each side which gives the best tradeoff between performance and unnoticeable viewport transitions on my hardware
still no videos!
I want to see it working with LFS! It looks great with other games!
Quote from Dreadlokz :I want to see it working with LFS! It looks great with other games!

You haven't seen it probably due to the fact that it hasn't been released.
I can see this method LFS has of having x number of renders is a step towards proper cylindrical projection - the pinnacle being having the same number of renders as pixels across the screen which *would* give proper cylindrical projection with no transitions either.
im kinda baffled that graphics cards driver api (dunno which one of these really is to blame) stll dont offer anything other than flat projections
its not like the math is really any more complicated and with todays displays focusing more and more on widescreen its an absolute must to reduce the perceived distortion
Does anyone else have the HD5870 and a triple monitor set up? I got everything I thought I needed, but can't get more than two monitors to work. The monitors are Dell 24" ones with all different types of connectors. My understanding was that I could run two monitors through the two DVI ports while the third monitor must be through the DisplayPort. Got back a little while ago with a DisplayPort cable that goes straight from that monitor to the card, but it won't display more than two monitors at a time. In Catalyst Control Center all three displays show up, but the DisplayPort one is disabled. I can't "extend" the desktop to the third without being forced to disable one of the others.

The ATI's documentation that came with the card didn't even have directions for the HD5800 cards on the CD. Just a bunch of manuals for the older cards. :chair:
Ok, figured it out. Will post here just in case others have problems.

I had installed the ATI drivers while I only had two of the video cables. Plugging in the third one then didn't work. So if you make that mistake too, just uninstall the drivers through the CD app that comes with it and reinstall. It'll reboot and all three monitors will work.

At least in my case it did. Now to go do some driving
Quote from jtw62074 :Ok, figured it out. Will post here just in case others have problems.

I had installed the ATI drivers while I only had two of the video cables. Plugging in the third one then didn't work. So if you make that mistake too, just uninstall the drivers through the CD app that comes with it and reinstall. It'll reboot and all three monitors will work.

At least in my case it did. Now to go do some driving

Nice one jtw62074

any chance of a few photo's
Posted a two minute long, 50MB movie here:

http://www.performancesimulati ... riplemonitor/MOV02257.MPG

There are eight more in that folder. If you want more links let me know. Also put up a Flight Simulator 2004 clip there I think and a short Crysis Warhead one. The rest is racing stuff.

Here's picture with Crysis Warhead:
Attached images
DSC02281.JPG
Nice set up Thanks
Did anyone tried Eyefinity with a central monitor (1920 x 1200) and two side monitors (1280 x 1024)?
Or must all three monitor have the same resolution?
Quote from Demon68 :Did anyone tried Eyefinity with a central monitor (1920 x 1200) and two side monitors (1280 x 1024)?

As of right now. They must all be the same. There has been talk of it becoming compatible with different sized monitors though. Who knows if that will come to pass though. ATI isn't know for coming through all the time.
Quote from jbirdaspec :As of right now. They must all be the same. There has been talk of it becoming compatible with different sized monitors though. Who knows if that will come to pass though. ATI isn't know for coming through all the time.

It has nothing to do with the monitor size but with the maximum resolution it can support. Currently I am using two 19" sides and one 21.6" center for a 3840x1024 resolution. My center display is a little bit stretch because I have to set it to 1280x1024 to be able to enable eyefinity. It will work as long as the 3 monitors support the same resolution. But you can't tweak the setup very much like softh for exemple and for now It's better to use 3 identicals monitors ... but it will definitely work if the 3 monitors support the same resolution and one of them must be connected using the displayport.
Quote from Demon68 :Did anyone tried Eyefinity with a central monitor (1920 x 1200) and two side monitors (1280 x 1024)?

I'm using a new 1920x1200 bracketed by 2 x older 1600x1200 monitors on my HD5870. I love the setup but I'm stuck with the center monitor being forced into 1600x1200 by the current Eyefinity drivers.

I've contacted ATI and, like other posts, I've been given the impression that they'll be adding driver support for mixed resolution setups in grouped Eyefinity mode at some point. I'm not holding my breath as I was told it was to already have been implemented.

Anyways, I was hoping that someone else in my position could comment on whether my setup (4800x1200 grouped with center monitor stretched) is the best way to go at the moment. You can mix resolutions if you ungroup the monitors and create 3 distinct desktops... can LFS support this and recognize the 3 displays? Can something like SoftTH do the trick with good performance as it's being run on a modern card like the 5870?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG