The online racing simulator
Do you enjoy jogging/running?
(72 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :Stich = breathing too shallow and too fast, breath slower and deeper, if you can't, means you are running too fast.

Knee = Improper footwear, you may have a biomechanic defect (over or underpronation) that needs correcting by proper running shoes.

Well this week I've started running on a treadmill (the road kills my legs, thank you mama and papa for my genetic defects). After 5 sessions I'm still crap, I run 5km in 30 mins, but I'm slowly getting used to it!

The only other exercise I'm getting is 14 km per day to and from uni on my bike (30 min total).

As far as the stitch goes, I had one in the lower left abdomen on my second session, and it started pretty quickly on the first minute or so. I tried to ride it out but it felt worse and worse so I stopped. Next day nothing. Must have been some sort of chemical imbalance in my body. So my advice is if you feel this go slower and if it's still there after some minutes stop and try next day!

As far as running goes what do you advise? Currently I'm trying to run the 30 min at a stable low speed (11km/h), and when I manage this properly without much effort I'll introduce some faster stints. Is this good or would it be better to try and do the whole 30 min at 12, then 13 etc?

I'm also eating very correctly, I better shed some weight (not overweight but damn those 4-5 kilos are hard to lose!) with this work out program!!! If I don't I GIVE UP!
Firstly, 5km in 30mins IS NOT CRAP

As for your other question, personally, I'd forget speed untill you can run 60mins or 6 miles reletively easy and comfortably.
Quote from Paranoid Android :Well this week I've started running on a treadmill (the road kills my legs, thank you mama and papa for my genetic defects). After 5 sessions I'm still crap, I run 5km in 30 mins, but I'm slowly getting used to it!

The only other exercise I'm getting is 14 km per day to and from uni on my bike (30 min total).

As far as the stitch goes, I had one in the lower left abdomen on my second session, and it started pretty quickly on the first minute or so. I tried to ride it out but it felt worse and worse so I stopped. Next day nothing. Must have been some sort of chemical imbalance in my body. So my advice is if you feel this go slower and if it's still there after some minutes stop and try next day!

As far as running goes what do you advise? Currently I'm trying to run the 30 min at a stable low speed (11km/h), and when I manage this properly without much effort I'll introduce some faster stints. Is this good or would it be better to try and do the whole 30 min at 12, then 13 etc?

I'm also eating very correctly, I better shed some weight (not overweight but damn those 4-5 kilos are hard to lose!) with this work out program!!! If I don't I GIVE UP!

You sound like you're doing good.

I'd practice on endurance then bother with speed.
Quote from runeman :You sound like you're doing good.

I'd practice on endurance then bother with speed.

Well technically it's not the speed I'm worried about. It's just that I'm already on a pretty tight schedule to worry about my fitness...Currently working on my architecture diploma, another Master presentation and in 1 month I'll have to worry about entertaining my girlfriend. Working everyday at school 9-19h, hitting the gym doing some weight-lifting and then cardio till 20h30. I then go home have a shower and eat which leaves me with 2 hours of personal time. I just can't afford to run more than 30 minutes everyday or I won't have a life!

Anyone else wants to become an architect?

Edit: Oh yeah, and biking in -4C. NOT so enjoyable.
Did a 4 mile run in -3 last night
Quote from runeman :I run 5 miles in 35 minutes time every afternoon. I really do enjoy it.

Do you take a specific route everyday or do you change it up everyday?
I usually take different routes to keep myself from getting bored of going the same old way.

You do about the same as I do when I'm on break from college. mileage-wise and time-wise. At college, I'll run across campus to the gym, lift weights, and then run back (about 2 miles total - I take the long way)

Except I always take the same couple of routes in the woods near my house.

Trail running is so much more relaxing than running on roads. Plus less people get mad if you decide you need to take a whiz in a bush really quick.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :You do about the same as I do when I'm on break from college. mileage-wise and time-wise. At college, I'll run across campus to the gym, lift weights, and then run back (about 2 miles total - I take the long way)

Except I always take the same couple of routes in the woods near my house.

Trail running is so much more relaxing than running on roads. Plus less people get mad if you decide you need to take a whiz in a bush really quick.

It's at a relaxed pace for me. I could probably push 28-30 minutes at that pace(Which I usually do when my 5 days off comes up) it just wouldn't be enjoyable anymore. I also lift weights 5 days a week.

Glad to hear you're staying fit and killing bushes.

Android, i'd focus on being able to run 4 miles in 30 minutes. That's a good pace for people who want to be in good shape but don't have the time. Or you could always do the 2 miles in 12 minutes routine(which is a pain for some people todo) that's more of a good workout.
#58 - Dmt
Quote from runeman :I run 5 miles in 35 minutes time every afternoon. I really do enjoy it.

Do you take a specific route everyday or do you change it up everyday?
I usually take different routes to keep myself from getting bored of going the same old way.

lol.. you only ruin yourself with that pace, no reason to be wannabe or showoff

anyway I have 9 times per week training and everyday is different distance. :P
And the more you run, the more you get addicted and good feeling after. Its like drug :P
Quote from Dmt :lol.. you only ruin yourself with that pace, no reason to be wannabe or showoff

anyway I have 9 times per week training and everyday is different distance. :P
And the more you run, the more you get addicted and good feeling after. Its like drug :P

What do you mean by wannabe or showoff?
#60 - Dmt
Quote from Paranoid Android :

6min per km is very good at the beginning. You should not rise your speed, you have to rise your running distance, but as I see its not possible for you but still you should try. To increase your breathing and not have stiches, you should do tempo run once a week, that means, do warm up run 10mins with normal pace, then do like 3-4x 4.50min/km and have 2min normal pace run between them, or even lower.

Quote from danowat :Did a 4 mile run in -3 last night

Did a 8km run in -20 last night now having few inflammations

Quote from runeman :What do you mean by wannabe or showoff?

What for you run every day with sprint speed? 1. running everyday is already big mistake 2. running on that speed every day is also mistake.
Quote from Dmt :6min per km is very good at the beginning. You should not rise your speed, you have to rise your running distance, but as I see its not possible for you but still you should try. To increase your breathing and not have stiches, you should do tempo run once a week, that means, do warm up run 10mins with normal pace, then do like 3-4x 4.50min/km and have 2min normal pace run between them, or even lower.

Did a 8km run in -20 last night now having few inflammations

What for you run every day with sprint speed? 1. running everyday is already big mistake 2. running on that speed every day is also mistake.

Sprinting?? I'm sorry but my pace would be 3 or 4 minute miles for me, now of course I wouldn't make it more than 300 or 400 meters at that pace before I couldn't go on anymore.

I've been running like this for the last 14 or 15 years, I NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM! I kept perfect form, I kept hydrated and ate the perfect food.

Your body was made for running... PERIOD!!!!!! Alot of people tend to not use their body in such a way for a long period, therefore when they goto use it, they push it way too hard and end up hurting themselves. Thus starts an injury where they deal with it the rest of their lives.

And another point of view on that is people that are over weight, go and try and run and it's too stressful on their joints.

Running everyday.. Never hurt me, and it wont ever.

And i'm going to assume you're having problems with your joints after running?
Quote from Dmt :Did a 8km run in -20 last night now having few inflammations

Show off
#63 - Dmt
Quote from runeman :Sprinting?? I'm sorry but my pace would be 3 or 4 minute miles for me, now of course I wouldn't make it more than 300 or 400 meters at that pace before I couldn't go on anymore.

I've been running like this for the last 14 or 15 years, I NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM! I kept perfect form, I kept hydrated and ate the perfect food.

Your body was made for running... PERIOD!!!!!! Alot of people tend to not use their body in such a way for a long period, therefore when they goto use it, they push it way too hard and end up hurting themselves. Thus starts an injury where they deal with it the rest of their lives.

And another point of view on that is people that are over weight, go and try and run and it's too stressful on their joints.

Running everyday.. Never hurt me, and it wont ever.

And i'm going to assume you're having problems with your joints after running?

You just will be ****ed at older age, not past 15 years. Your muscles MUST rest atleast one day a week. Go read book or smth.
Wait till you get as old as me!!!
Quote from Dmt :You just will be ****ed at older age, not past 15 years. Your muscles MUST rest atleast one day a week. Go read book or smth.

One day? I pretty much run at the same time each and everyday... that's a complete 24 hours, am I wrong?

How young do you think I must be? 16 or 17?
I'm 26, for your information.

As i've said, I never once had any type of strains, inflammatory problems or joint problems.

You use muscles to walk, simply picking up a cup and taking a drink from it... You use muscles to eat. Does that mean after using them you shouldn't use them for 24 hours?

And I don't really believe in modern medicine so much. So reading a book would be a waste of time.
Rest is important, but it depends on what you are running for, if you are just going out to run, and not train for anything specific, then you can run every day.

However, if you are training for performance, then you should rest, as that is when muscle improvement takes place as the body rebuilds damaged muscle tissue during rest, and this is when muscle improvement takes place.
#67 - Dmt
Quote from runeman :One day? I pretty much run at the same time each and everyday... that's a complete 24 hours, am I wrong?

How young do you think I must be? 16 or 17?
I'm 26, for your information.

As i've said, I never once had any type of strains, inflammatory problems or joint problems.

You use muscles to walk, simply picking up a cup and taking a drink from it... You use muscles to eat. Does that mean after using them you shouldn't use them for 24 hours?

And I don't really believe in modern medicine so much. So reading a book would be a waste of time.

Then dont talk here if you dont know nothing and specially if reading book is a waste of time.
Quote from Dmt :Then dont talk here if you dont know nothing and specially if reading book is a waste of time.

Dmt! YOU WILL NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO... PERIOD!

I have my beliefs and you have yours, that's fine.

danowat, i'm not training for performance... What I run at is a easy and enjoyable pace. As i've said every once and awhile i'll take it to the limit.
No running, but just doing fitness 3 times in a week. It's enough. Before that I also did mma with extra training.

Don't need to run but however I feel exhausted everyday.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :No running, but just doing fitness 3 times in a week. It's enough. Before that I also did mma with extra training.

Don't need to run but however I feel exhausted everyday.

Like what do you do for fitness exactly?
I used to run a lot but stopped and I'm planning on getting into it again.
Quote from runeman :Like what do you do for fitness exactly?

Training upperbody(biceps,triceps, chest, 6pack and my back) and cardio.

Do you enjoy jogging/running?
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG