The online racing simulator

Poll : Wind, Or no Wind in GTAL

Closed since :
No, Id prefer wind not to be enabled in GTAL
Yes, Id like to have wind in GTAL
Quote from JPeace :i know.

and i was meerly stating my opinion.

Did you read my message?
it is only shit to drive with 24km/h wind....
Our set ist completly a big fail with that much wind. it is a amateur series not a advanced driver event....
We need to drvie with wind but the big Serires like MoE aren´t drive with wind.

I wouldnt have wind!

Another thing is that you say this one day before -.- When we should start to build a set? 3 hours before?
#53 - CSF
You guys should try a nice cross wind at the corkscrew at AS7 like we had in IGTC this season, I would love to hear the crying and calling for mummy.

BTW the wind is based on what the real life Kyoto weather is just now, hence why it was only known one day before.
If u wanna do hotlapping there are other servers avaliable ... GTAL is about realistic endurance racing and of course there should be wind then ... or are we racing on the moon

Just LOL reading posts stating there sets are not made for wind!
Wake up mates, this is a league for grown ups
Now if only the wind would be realistic....
Quote from sjoblom :If u wanna do hotlapping there are other servers avaliable ... GTAL is about realistic endurance racing and of course there should be wind then ... or are we racing on the moon

Just LOL reading posts stating there sets are not made for wind!
Wake up mates, this is a league for grown ups

But when the wind is far from realistic, should we really use it then?
If the wind was dynamic, in a proper way, I would say ALL IN FOR WIND!
But as its not, I dont see the point in having it Imo!

Just take today as an example. You just had to find out where the wind was coming, and drive after that, which takes you 5-10 laps (well, Im a noob, so it took me 10 laps :P). After that, its just to drive the same style the whole race, which takes away the meaning of wind. If the wind sometimes changed, and the wind was more "on and off" like IRL, you would need to be careful every corner, and you might need to adjust your line/braking points once in a while. Sometimes, the wind IRL changes all the time. Its not like a fan like it is in LFS, hence why I dont want wind.

I think you have got what I mean by now xD
Wind was actually really good today, I liked it after a couple laps. Switch my vote to yes.
Quote from racer hero :Wind was actually really good today, I liked it after a couple laps. Switch my vote to yes.

#59 - Jakg
Quote from leonardo555 :we all should make a new set, and no one would like it, even because we've already done stints.

You cannot make a "wind set". The whole point is that wind is inherently random.
Quote from xtraction :Wind is in IGTC if im correct, and the IGTC consists of very experiance teams that are ABLE to deal with the wind. As the GTAL is not an experianced league, i think that wind should not be turned on.

Manual gears are also in the IGTC - does that mean you should use auto? What about cars - should you run the bloody race?

A "n00b league" should be a league in which the standard of competition is lower so the mid or back fielders get a proper chance to race - it certainly shouldnt be a place to bitch and moan because the basic art of car control is "too hard". I assume that you also drive UF1's because more than 55 BHP is "too hard" for inexperienced drivers?

I must admit the wind in LFS is a little overdone though
Quote from Jakg :... What about cars - should you run the bloody race?
it certainly shouldnt be a place to bitch and moan because the basic art of car control is "too hard". I assume that you also drive UF1's because more than 55 BHP is "too hard" for inexperienced drivers? ...

Life is not perfect, LFS is not ... but how fun/interesting is LIFE if u remove all the "random" stuff ...
Personally I'm waiting for random weather on LFS ... will be GREAT if it starts to rain in an 3 hr race ... endurance is not about hotlaping friends
The wind was great. Loved the challenge
Quote from Seb66 :The wind was great. Loved the challenge

I agree, it was so fun seeing who was able to adapt to it faster and who was able to get the most out of the situation.
Quote from racer hero :I agree, it was so fun seeing who was able to adapt to it faster and who was able to get the most out of the situation.

"Looks back at my first stint"

100% keep the wind.
I love turn 9.................... NOT! wind was hard this race.

But, even though i dislike the wind in LFS, i fould it interesting.
Turn 9 was great!!! Just brake after the shadow from the bridge and your set!
Hmm it wa a hard wind and turn 9 and the chicane was a bit struggling to begin with. But after a couple of laps it started to sink in and was fun. Agreed wind was a bit high but wasfun
Quote from racer hero :Turn 9 was great!!! Just brake after the shadow from the bridge and your set!

Yeah
I loved that if you didn't get it hooked up with the apex the wind just pushed you straight towards the grass
Made you have to be so consistent.. separated the front from the back for sure.
I actually enjoyed the wind during this race, it made the things very challenging, especially at turn 9. The only drawback is that we cannot know from where it is going to come before the start of the race, so we're discovering everything in the first laps, where the field is very tight, making the whole thing very dangerous. If you analyse that accident at the 1st start, you'll see that it was maily caused by the fact that several front runners got surprised by the wind and ran wide into the grass, causing a chain reaction behind them.

Don't forget that this is a sim, so this is based from real life stuff, where you'll always find much more important hazards than some wind blowing at medium speed. I hardly see any real life endurance drivers willing to stop a race because there's some rain for example
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I actually enjoyed the wind during this race, it made the things very challenging, especially at turn 9.

+1

I look forward to seing what effects the wind will have at SO

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG