The online racing simulator

Poll : Wind, Or no Wind in GTAL

Closed since :
No, Id prefer wind not to be enabled in GTAL
Yes, Id like to have wind in GTAL
Wind or No Wind in GTAL
Hey guys.

As most of you know, Alot of us did a practice race on the RSR GTAL server. Deko and Mike Saidl wanted wind on, so it was turned on. A few people said no, but the rest kept themselfs to themselfs.

As i completed a few laps, i was seing alot of people crash and drop out. I was having major problems with turning and braking.

Most people blame the wind, So do i. Seing the GTAL league is for Amatures. I think that wind should NOT be allowed. Wind is in IGTC if im correct, and the IGTC consists of very experiance teams that are ABLE to deal with the wind. As the GTAL is not an experianced league, i think that wind should not be turned on.

Some of you may say "Well, To get experiance you may aswell deal with the wind now" or something along the lines of that. But the fact is, We are amatures, Alot of the people dont like wind im my opinion, and find it hard to deal with.

I hope that the GTAL Administrators take the poll votes into account and deal with it from there.
I blame shit drivers.
#3 - J@tko
Well back off for a lap until you know what the wind's like then.

It's hardly rocket science - it's not like there's a hurricane pushing you off into the barriers.
The wind was awesome tonight though.
I actually like the wind :P, so i´ll vote yes
I prefer no wind. It "fu**s" the race, because each lap the wind has one position and one speed, and as everybody have maken sets without wind, if the race has wind, we all should make a new set, and no one would like it, even because we've already done stints.
So, NO WIND!!!!!!
Quote from leonardo555 :I prefer no wind. It "fu**s" the race, because each lap the wind has one position and one speed.
So, NO WIND!!!!!!

I think if you raced tonight, you would change your mind.

The wind bring a little bit more of a challenge, but it makes some corners easier.

I found that it affected turn 1 a huge amount - massive oversteer on entry. T3 was into the wind, so you could brake late. T4 then was very slippery aswell. The oval corner you barely had to brake, you could go around it about 3-5mph faster. Then boothy chicane you could brake later and same with final corner.

It was really good fun tonight, although it I'm sure for the less experienced drivers, it may be difficult finding the limit.
Quote from boothy :I blame shit drivers.

KNOCK KNOCK earth to boothy....... errrrrr amature's league...
I voted "no" but i want to clearify.

It's pretty hard to say if we "need" wind or not because in one side, that reveals the good drivers who can improvise and change their apex but in an other side, it's really frustrating to race with it.
To be honest, i didn't enjoyed this race.
Quote from leonardo555 :i prefer no wind. It "fu**s" the race, because each lap the wind has one position and one speed.
So, no wind!!!!!!

+1
I found that it ruined my entire race. only in the last 2 laps i managed to get the hang of it :doh:
Wind makes the race much much more interesting and it´s not some kind of hotlaping anymore.
#13 - CSF
Quote from xtraction :I found that it ruined my entire race. only in the last 2 laps i managed to get the hang of it :doh:

Last 2 laps... thats slightly concerning... maybe you shouldn't be on the track.
tbh mate, i hadnt practice with wind, never raced with wind accept for 2 times. i found it very difficult. and without wind, i can stint, no problems.
NDR Guide to wind:

Note your normal top speeds, apex speeds and braking points.
  • If you go faster than your normal top speed, the wind is behind you.
  • If you out-brake yourself into a corner, the wind is behind you.
  • If you go slower than your normal top speed, the wind is in your face.
  • If you slow down too quickly into a corner, the wind is in your face.
Thus you can work out the wind direction for the track, and Jim's your Mother's Sister's Brother-in-law.
Quote from xtraction :tbh mate, i hadnt practice with wind, never raced with wind accept for 2 times. i found it very difficult. and without wind, i can stint, no problems.

Thats the second time I've raced with wind, maybe you should get some skillzzz
I thought Robert was my mother's brother?
#18 - CSF
Quote from xtraction :tbh mate, i hadnt practice with wind, never raced with wind accept for 2 times. i found it very difficult. and without wind, i can stint, no problems.

Do you do anything but whine like a little girl?

If you can't drive with a little bit of wind, god help you if any other condition comes.
some corners are better,some are harder,somewhere u need to brake earlier.....
I am practicing with wind as soon as i saw forecast for Kyoto Japan.
2 kmh to 11 kmh wind - no big deal.
15-24 kmh wind - hard

So,if we want to be like in real life,let admins restart untill we get certain speed of wind
im not whining chris.. im just stating what is..
Quote from J@tko :NDR Guide to wind:

Note your normal top speeds, apex speeds and braking points.
  • If you go faster than your normal top speed, the wind is behind you.
  • If you out-brake yourself into a corner, the wind is behind you.
  • If you go slower than your normal top speed, the wind is in your face.
  • If you slow down too quickly into a corner, the wind is in your face.
Thus you can work out the wind direction for the track, and Jim's your Mother's Sister's Brother-in-law.

Wind is not so difficult to understand...just need to be more careful maybe but it is more realistic and it creat better situations and races more exiting !
its an Amatures league... we should make it any more difficult than endurance is.
Quote from xtraction :its an Amatures league... we should make it any more difficult than endurance is.

It is equally as difficult as IGTC, with the exception of level of competition.
so where is the "this is to prep you for MoE" arguement?

it seems as some rules fall under the "we are amatuers so change it" catagory, and some fall under the "this is to prepare you for MoE" catagory.

if you want realism, and the wind is "unrealistic", then you should also post a poll about anyone using anything but in-car view, because it too is "unrealistic"...correct?

whatever the rules are they are. if you are going to argue a point, there should be some consistency behind your view of how things should be.

i am not pointing fingers, making assumptions, or singling out anyone, but some people are on both sides of the fence.

do you want realism? do you want a challenge? or do you just want the rules changed to make it as easy as possible?

my personal opinion is (since LFS is a so-called simulator), force cockpit view, and throw in some wind if it posted in the rules there might be, and let us race. if i wanted to play a game using follow view, then i would fire up Gran Turismo 4 or Need for Speed and have a go.

these leagues are supposed to emulate racing. and racing has never been "easy".....at least not in my 15 years of doing it.
Quote from pik_d :It is equally as difficult as IGTC, with the exception of level of competition.

well not really, most IGTC competitors are alot more skilled than us.. and its not as equally difficult, shove some of us gtal in to igtc.. we'd get raped

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG