(21 posts, started )
fps lag when near other cars
hey guys welll lets start off my telling u my pc
ati 1400 graphics
1gb ram
intel centrio duo
windows 7

dell insprion 9400

befour z27 came out i had no lag when raceing other people now when its just me on the track i get 40-80fps heres pic

with other people on track heres pic

any ideas oh and im not a cracker just use s2 for playing on and demo for posting .... my s2 is panther 15

anyways any ideas?

it also happens in muitplayer
you're probably running too many AI.
Prob one: Max. Amount of Memory 256 MB on the 1400
Prob 2 Core Speed * 445 MHz
Prob 3: is probably with the cpu, but whats the exact model?
AI's take up more memory than cars do on multiplayer.
Not really memory, it's that the AI's take more CPU cycles as they haffto calculate locally the physics for all 20 cars, not just your car. It's a pretty normal phenomenon with AI cars, and a more accurate test would be with online opponents.
well i couldnt show online pic since my internet was down... but same thing happens im not sure what my cpu is but i know this never happened after i got my s2......
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Prob one: Max. Amount of Memory 256 MB on the 1400

My ATi HD2600XT has "only" 256MB and I'm running LFS at full graphics, so it is not a problem
like i said it never done this befour.... just started...
Did you check your CPU temp? This CPU should be capable of much more that just 65 FPS. Maybe your CPU fan got blocked up by dust, it is quite common issue with notebooks.
+1, if ever my pc starts feeling slow in games (usually every 3-4 months) the first thing i do is have all the covers off and give everything a good clean out, i remove all fans and brush out the fins on my GFX card and CPU heatsinks and then refit them, plus brushing out the back of the PSU and any other fan outlets on the case, heat removal and airflow is the key, as too much heat will make components slow down, surprising how much difference it can make giving them a clean.
well il try it see what i find inside dear god... i havent cleaned it in 5 years
-
(Kristi) DELETED by Kristi
cleaned it not luck still same dunno why i think it might be my gfx card going
My only advice which i'm sure you have tried is to run lfs in the lowest screen resolution and lowest gfx and see if it improves, if it does then gradually crank up the rez till it starts to really slow down.

If this works then it's probably your gfx card.

In multiplayer you can get fps drop that normally does not last long through server lag or some lag of some sort.

I had a brief google of your machine and the cpu and as you stated the memory should be up to the job

"My ATi HD2600XT has "only" 256MB and I'm running LFS at full graphics, so it is not a problem"

These are the two cards i've had in this machine so far(both came with 512mb video memory):

GeForce 9500GT - about 60 - 70 fps full grid and 90+(displayed) fps with just me or when i'm around a few cars.

GeForce 7200 about 40 - 50fps low settings on 800x600 rez

This is my pc spec:

single Pentium 4 @ 3 or 3.6ghz (I forgot it's been so long)
2gb ram
geforce 9500GT
screen rez @1280x(well whatever the max in-game selectable rez is) and everything else full

Not a high spec by any standard neither. Does the job though
only getting 6fps on all low res on lowest res aswell 32bit and 30fps when not near cars would a defrag help it.
Quote from MadCatX :Did you check your CPU temp? This CPU should be capable of much more that just 65 FPS. Maybe your CPU fan got blocked up by dust, it is quite common issue with notebooks.

remember that happened to me my computer kept shuttin itself down then i looked at heatsync :S:S omfg like 2cm of pure dust blocking the fan.
Yay, another Brandon

A defrag should help, you could also try a fresh install.
Sorry for coming with the burning banana again, but am I the only one who finds a FZR on Kyoto and "Demo racer" under brandonb21's name kinda wierd?

EDIT: Oh yeah, he claims to have S2 account, but since when did the "post with your S2 account" rule became invalid? Sorry, but I'm just getting tired of all these cracker guys...
Quote from MadCatX :Sorry for coming with the burning banana again, but am I the only one who finds a FZR on Kyoto and "Demo racer" under brandonb21's name kinda wierd?

EDIT: Oh yeah, he claims to have S2 account, but since when did the "post with your S2 account" rule became invalid? Sorry, but I'm just getting tired of all these cracker guys...

dude il go on s2 online and prove it to you also my account name is panther15 reason why i cant post on it is because. i bought it from freind

account link
http://www.lfsforum.net/member.php?u=27246
Quote from brandons48 :
A defrag should help, you could also try a fresh install.

A defrag isn't going to make any difference whatsoever. A fragmented disk would only impact load times.

Close background applications to free up memory and CPU time and consider running fewer AI. On the other hand, you could upgrade your CPU and add memory, although a faster CPU would probably be more beneficial in this case. You could also try turning down some of the graphics detail to at least make it playable.
I think the only option if you really want to play lfs is to throw some money at your machine.

I have put together my suggestions in a list. Pure speculation and intended as a guide not a 'you must do' Don't blame me if it makes no difference. But these types of things have allways worked for me in the past.

I would:

1) Make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed. :google:

2) First make sure your ram that is installed is working (if its got 2x512mb then take one out and test the difference. It does break sometimes. I've had it break and not notice, appart from some random reboots) If you have a 1gb stick then go to part 3.

3) Add 1gb ram

4) If the ram makes a difference then good! It should have made your whole machine generally a bit faster and will enable you to have more stuff open.
Example. I had a rubbish graphics card and loaded battlefield 2 with 1gb ram and it ran like crap, stuttery, low fps. Added 1gb ram an suddenly smooth on low settings.

5) Assuming that did something then you can then think about upgrading your graphics card. Something average should do. I would not spend a massive amount.

6) If it's still rubbish after all this then it is probably going to be your cpu, this is an expensive upgrade(I think) and hardley worth it unless you have money to throw at your machine.

7) Failing all that I would save up for a new pc or laptop as this may work out the best economically. Lfs will still be here in 3 years.

Hope this list has has helped.
I need to BUMP this really hard. I now have new PC, but before I had this:
Intel Celeron 2,4GHz
1,25 GB RAM
NVidia MX 440 x8
40GB HDD............. blah, blah, blah.
I was playing alone. Good FPS, no lag........ But when it was me and 2 PC players, my PC was lagging it so it was impossible to play.

I recommend you to buy new pc.

fps lag when near other cars
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG