The online racing simulator
Lfs crash,drift,race
(11 posts, started )
Lfs crash,drift,race
Ok... I think the other vid pretty much failed so that one has been binned.

So. Here is version 1 of a type of vid i'm used to making. Not quite as good as my other crash vid as I had limited material on my comp. I had fun making it though. Quite short as well.

Some clips drag on a bit long i'll admit and it could use some variety but hopefully I did a bit better this time.

Uhm or it may fail again - I should really start using a better vid making tool. Windows Movie Maker is a bit limiting.

Be kind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In4IUFNmLdA

LFS DESTRUCTION DERBY - for all your crashing fun Thought most clips are from cad... yah. I fail...
Quote from squidhead :doubling shift+f removes the messages in the top left corner.

That was my post in your previous thread. After seeing you never bothered to try and improve even that simple thing, I decided to turn off your video instantly
lololololololololololol sp4m
Quote from squidhead :That was my post in your previous thread. After seeing you never bothered to try and improve even that simple thing, I decided to turn off your video instantly

I use shift+f for both my crash vids. Multiplayer chat spam still comes up though.
That was quite decent. Nothing special ofcourse, but a nice watch simply for the crashes.
Quote from jaykay3000 :I use shift+f for both my crash vids. Multiplayer chat spam still comes up though.

Shift + - then you wont get any messages.
Quote from DevilDare :That was quite decent. Nothing special ofcourse, but a nice watch simply for the crashes.

exaclty my thoughts

Oh and thanks dennis, next time I get some incling to do another vid i'll try it.

Uni more important than games at the moment
Quote from jaykay3000 :next time I get some incling to do another vid i'll try it.

or you press shift+f a second time (as squid suggested)
generally I dont like movies where incompleteness (imperfection) of damage model of LFS and unreal resolution contacts are shown...if LFS had really great damage model and if crashes looked very similar to real it would be nice compilation but spinning car in 20metres above the road, just because it touched barrier, doesnt amaze me
Rofl crash crash crash liked the crashing and bar the text in places it was pretty good.
Quote from bavorak :generally I dont like movies where incompleteness (imperfection) of damage model of LFS and unreal resolution contacts are shown...if LFS had really great damage model and if crashes looked very similar to real it would be nice compilation but spinning car in 20metres above the road, just because it touched barrier, doesnt amaze me

That's about the only thing that truly sucks in lfs is the crash physics. Fine, I know we are not going to get body panels being ripped off but fixing the way the cars ping off each other and when you hit a barrier it's a pain, but it's been asked a million times so... hmpf.

Cheers for the comments though

I think I underestimated how much people hate the text in a vid. It's never realy clicked as an issue to me when making a vid. But next time I try one i'll try and iron that out.

Wish I had a better pc too but I brought a laptop instead :P. max I can record in is 800x600 with widescreen effect then windows media player scews it down to a different rez and then it ends up widescreen on yt. Odd.

Think i'd been on Forgotten Hope 2 a bit much when choosing that backing music.

Lfs crash,drift,race
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG