The online racing simulator
Few questions...
Hi all

I really want to participate in endurance races, so a few questions:

1. where/how do I find a team to race with?
2. how does it actually work? three drivers one car? must i actually have 3 people in my room, or is there another way?

sorry for silly questions, still new to endurance

edd
  1. The teams section is where you can find a team, or advertise yourself so a team can find you.
  2. Take over is a feature LFS offers. The way it works is you make a pitstop and request another driver on the server to take over (or someone requests to take over from you). The car will remain on track, all racing statistics are maintained. It's possible to have someone take over physically at your end, but this is rarely done and I don't know if it's allowed in Masters of Endurance.
Quote from morpha :It's possible to have someone take over physically at your end, but this is rarely done and I don't know if it's allowed in Masters of Endurance.

Last year at the 24h Team Inferno, two of their drivers got together at one of their homes and did the 24h that way.

Part I YouTube

Part II YouTube
#4 - amp88
MoE works with an application system. Before the start of the season any teams which wish to participate have to send in an application detailing things like their team history, the history of the drivers who are likely to drive for them and what car/class they would like to drive in. The admin team looks through all of those applications and selects a number of teams to take part in the season ahead. Teams who do not make it into the season are put on a waiting list so that if one of the accepted teams drops out for whatever reason they can be replaced by a team on the waiting list. If you would like to drive in this season of MoE you will need to find a team who is willing to let you drive with them (the list of currently accepted teams is available here).

If you do find a team who is willing to let you drive for them they will need to submit your entry to the admin team. We will assess your performance (based on your previous LFS racing experience) and if you are deemed fit to drive in LFS you will be put on that team's confirmed driver list. The team is then free to use you in whichever race they see fit.

The minimum number of drivers a team must use in each race is 3. The maximum number depends on the length of the particular race. In a six hour race the maximum number of drivers who may race is 4, in a twelve hour race the maximum is 5 and in a twenty four hour race the maximum is 6.

When a team wishes to swap drivers the person who is currently driving makes a pitstop and they click a button in the connection list to indicate to the driver they want to swap with that they are ready to swap. The incoming driver clicks on the button to accept and the drivers are swapped.

You can find more details about all aspects of MoE by reading the rules which are available in this thread.
thanks for the replies

ok so first things first....find a team! I'll follow the links posted here

so the branding begins.............

thanks again for the help. hopefully i'm soon racing

edd
Quote from dekojester :Last year at the 24h Team Inferno, two of their drivers got together at one of their homes and did the 24h that way.

Part I YouTube

Part II YouTube

Slight correction deko:

Although we raced together in sort of the same room, we both had our own computer set up there so we could use the ingame LFS swap function.

What makes me wonder though is: Would it be allowed in MoE if two drivers share one PC and therefore one account? Of course we would then document the driver swaps with a camera to ensure that the 45% rule is not violated.
I think we'd prefer to avoid that altogether.
Quote from Commander :Slight correction deko:

Although we raced together in sort of the same room, we both had our own computer set up there so we could use the ingame LFS swap function.

What makes me wonder though is: Would it be allowed in MoE if two drivers share one PC and therefore one account? Of course we would then document the driver swaps with a camera to ensure that the 45% rule is not violated.

It's actually been done before has it not? I can remember a team asking permission to do this because they were having a LAN party at the same time as the MoE, all they done was change names.

Can't remember who it was, I think it was Jet_CZE and his team but i'm really not sure.
#9 - scipy
Grentis also did it in 2006/7. I remember GRT_FH and GRT_AL being at one guy's house.
Thank you Mr Wiki, it was Grentis I was thinking about, Not the CZE's.
Ohh, I didn't know that By that time we weren't racing in MoE yet, therefore I never came across that story
It's quite a sensitive subject, as many wouldn't ask permission/declare to use multiple players in the same account...

I don't think it's really good for the spirit of this particullar/special "virtual motorsport"
Quote from Koa128 :It's quite a sensitive subject, as many wouldn't ask permission/declare to use multiple players in the same account...

I don't think it's really good for the spirit of this particullar/special "virtual motorsport"

On the contrary, it is awesome when people get to know eachother, meet up in real life, and have fun together. It's just not very well controllable, and some might exploit it one way or another.
Apart from that it is useless discussing this matter without a real case behind it I think there are only few people who would do so.

When we met up last year for the 24h race it was so much more exiting and so much more of a teamfeeling than just hanging around on Ventrilo/Teamspeak and race together.

And I am of the opinion that abuse can be reduced to let's say 0 if you just document the driver changes with a camera showing the swap and the lapcount / race timer. Changing while racing is impossible, to get of of the seat it takes me more than 2 seconds and the next driver would need another 2 seconds to get in and get ready!
I dunno, I reckon I could keep my foot on the throttle, stand up and let the other person in while keeping my foot on the throttle.
Impossible to do that due to his professional equipment.
Bobbek, sitting in that playseat your legs are 85% stretched, that way you'd have to use the "fall out of the chair" method in order to get out. And that's difficult
#18 - Dmt
make your touch down place comfortable.
and put something heavy on the throttle.
sorry but had to make note of jack coming across inferno's nose in vid part I, and driver is like what the heck is he doing? with a reply from marius: SHUTUP! SILENCE. hahaha, achmed's apprentice.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG