The online racing simulator
Complaints Department - Open 24/7/365
A perfect way to specify what wind to have is to set it to 0.
Quote from racer hero :a perfect way to specify what wind to have is to set it to 0.

+99999999999999999999999999999
I agree, wind makes the track more dangerous. Being this is an amateur league, we shouldn't be adding such un-neccessary dangers.
Quote from Puzzle :I agree, wind makes the track more dangerous. Being this is an amateur league, we shouldn't be adding such un-neccessary dangers.

I agree with that. No point in making it harder than the track already is, as this is an amateur league. I think the track is dangerous enough as it is.
I just think you should drink a cup of cement and harden up. Its not always going to be perfect. Adapt to the change and act accordingly problem solved.
It's not our fault that you don't drive on the limit, so it doesn't affect you.

It might not be a problem for you, but when you're standing in the way, it creates a problem for us..
Quote from AstroBoy :I just think you should drink a cup of cement and harden up. Its not always going to be perfect. Adapt to the change and act accordingly problem solved.

its nothing I can do with people standing in the middle of the road because of the wind. Problem not solved :P
It ain't a hotlapping league.

Admittedly, LFS's wind implementation has problems, but in principle I think it should be used in all major series.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It ain't a hotlapping league.

Admittedly, LFS's wind implementation has problems, but in principle I think it should be used in all major series.

As much as it sucks to say, every endurance league turns into a hotlapping league after an hour other then a few minutes an hour.
Quote from racer hero :As much as it sucks to say, every endurance league turns into a hotlapping league after an hour other then a few minutes an hour.

That's LFS' fault.

Gotta have wind, if not you guys might as well wip out the FWDs.
I just wanted to ask if you think the handicaps are fair like they are at the moment ?
I don't think so.
I think the FXR is a lot too slow. The Restriction of the FXR should be reduced by 1 % generally and i think on this track even 2% would be fair.
FXR is more than 1 second slower than the other cars on this track.....

*And i already read comments like : "yeah that's the way it's supposed to be."
What is that supposed to mean?*
Quote from N!ghtm@re :I just wanted to ask if you think the handicaps are fair like they are at the moment ?
I don't think so.
I think the FXR is a lot too slow. The Restriction of the FXR should be reduced by 1 % generally and i think on this track even 2% would be fair.
FXR is more than 1 second slower than the other cars on this track.....

*And i already read comments like : "yeah that's the way it's supposed to be."
What is that supposed to mean?*

The FXR is much easier to handle and control, which makes it for the driver a lot easier to drive 2 hours with it compared to a very attention demanding FZR or hard on the rears XRR. That said, I personaly wouldn't mind some more competitive FXR - then I can convince the team to make the switch to it
Yeah okay that's maybe true.

But if you want to drive fast with the FXR you also have to pay alot of attention. And if you do so you are still 1 second slower. That's not fair i think

And of course even more than 1 second in Qualy.
I think a decent team could challenge with the FXR at somewhere like South City

Although, of course you'll struggle somewhere like KY3.
So what about just change the restriction for this race ?

Anyway..FXR is the slowest car with this restrictions....Why ?
Why do You chose FXR and then complain about slowness?
If you want speed,chose other car.If you want to drive fxr,then drive it and stop moaning about it
well no, i seen tdrt running mid 24's from start, and 23's mid - low near end of their stint, its nothing to do with the restriction, just your setup / driving. Good luck anyway in the tank
Quote from N!ghtm@re :So what about just change the restriction for this race ?

Anyway..FXR is the slowest car with this restrictions....Why ?

Basically it's because if we made them all the same speed then EVERYONE would use the FXR [well, I think some teams would just refuse to, but thats beside the point :P] because it's the easiest to drive.
Quote from xtraction :well no, i seen tdrt running mid 24's from start, and 23's mid - low near end of their stint, its nothing to do with the restriction, just your setup / driving. Good luck anyway in the tank

LOL. I do even faster than that. But it's still slower than the other cars. It's not about the set.

@ J@tko:

hm..... but i don't think that alot of teams would change the car if you would reduce restrictionit by 1%

@ ivantod

I choose FXR because i like the car. I just thin all cars should have the same chances. That's the idea.....
well if your faster than that, you will be ok then wont you :/
Quote from J@tko :Basically it's because if we made them all the same speed then EVERYONE would use the FXR [well, I think some teams would just refuse to, but thats beside the point :P] because it's the easiest to drive.

That´s not correct.. try to take 1 % away from fxr and fzr and xrr will stil be faster., So a lot of people would still choose fzr and xrr.

It´s like some people don´t want the fxr to be competative for some peculiar reason.
Maybe because people have already told you but you are ignoring it.

I watched FXR teams practice for BL1R and run times that ended up being the lead times. The fact that drivers fold under pressure is not the car's fault.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It ain't a hotlapping league.

Hm, maybe not meant to be, but if you really think about a real endurance race, like Le Mans, and think about all the things happening in such an event. Cars getting damages all over and they have to get it checked or repaired, the wind factor, the light, electrical problems etc. When real cars hit something, they have to get it checked,, not just continue like we do in LFS. So in my opinion all LFS endurance leagues are pretty much just a "long sprint race" spiced up with elements of a real endurance.

Developers should really work on this issue, (make damages more real and important for the outcome etc) since so many drivers like endurance races. Le Mans could be a very good example to look at.
Quote from PMD9409 :Maybe because people have already told you but you are ignoring it.

I watched FXR teams practice for BL1R and run times that ended up being the lead times. The fact that drivers fold under pressure is not the car's fault.

Yeah that was possible on BL1R, but not on KY3.
Just stay consistent and let the other guys make mistakes, that's the only way to do well in FXR really. TDRT did it for a while and it payed off well (IGTC 2008).
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG