The online racing simulator
[Deleted]
(14 posts, started )
[Deleted]
Meh. I can do better
Would help a lot if you actually followed the course... Oh yeah, and turn on camera smoothing.
doubling shift+f removes the messages in the top left corner. And yeah, to evaluate drifting skills we'd need to see you follow certain corners everyone else can see, not the ones that are there in your mind...and an SPR would give us a better view of things.
^ What they said.
Only thing I can tell is that you drop out of the powerband a lot. Not necessarily a bad thing, could just be your style. If you're not doing it on purpose, try to keep the revs up (I'd say ~5500 min for the XRT) and see if that suits you better.
#5 - dadge
This video has been removed by the user.
looks like we were to harsh...
Quote from BigTime :Would help a lot if you actually followed the course... Oh yeah, and turn on camera smoothing.

video is removed as it was said before but i have a question...where can i turn on camera smoothing? somewhere in shift+u mode or in options?
btw (BigTime): do you use any software (like carfocus) to make shots or do you make everything manually?
Quote from bavorak :video is removed as it was said before but i have a question...where can i turn on camera smoothing? somewhere in shift+u mode or in options?

Sometimes I wonder why did I even bother

Quote from squidhead :In the game, you are able to go into free camera mode, by pressing Shift+U, when in Shift+U mode, press Shift+F a couple of times to remove the hud and the timeline in the lower part of the screen. Spacebar toggles the finetuning options menu of the camera movement.

Basic controls are : Mouse aims the camera, while arrow keys move the camera around. V toggles between top-down view and your regular free camera view. If you set both views to point in particular directions, you can shift between them while recording…

The camera options menu
View smoothing : This one is very important. General idea is “the smoother your camerawork, the better”, but the more smoothing you set, the harder it gets to keep track of the moving objects (especially in .250 speed, where the 2.5 second delay becomes a 10 second delay in camera movement). Just remember, the rougher your camerawork, the harder it is for the viewer to clearly see what’s going on (and if you can see what’s going on, but the camera is shaking all the time, it’s also very unpleasant)

I find it hard to control the camera with Smoothing on full when the cars are moving (racing). The camera always looks like it is "delayed" to my mouse inputs and it gets really annoying as you cannot always get the shots you want.....
Quote from DevilDare :I find it hard to control the camera with Smoothing on full when the cars are moving (racing). The camera always looks like it is "delayed" to my mouse inputs and it gets really annoying as you cannot always get the shots you want.....

And THAT is what makes a good and smooth camerawork one of the most wanted and hardest to achieve things in moviemaking
Quote from bavorak :video is removed as it was said before but i have a question...where can i turn on camera smoothing? somewhere in shift+u mode or in options?
btw (BigTime): do you use any software (like carfocus) to make shots or do you make everything manually?

I used carfocus on my new video, which hasn't been released, but other than that I do everything manually. You can turn on view smoothing in your shift + U menu panel, in the bottom left of the screen. I think it's actually the top option.

Furthermore, you don't have to use full smoothing. Anything above half way should be adequate unless you just jerk the mouse around.
Moving the camera is, in a way, like driving a car. You'll eventually get a feeling for it, you'll know how long to hold down the keys or how far to drag the mouse to achieve your desired movement and rotation.
Quote from BigTime :I used carfocus on my new video, which hasn't been released, but other than that I do everything manually. You can turn on view smoothing in your shift + U menu panel, in the bottom left of the screen. I think it's actually the top option.

Furthermore, you don't have to use full smoothing. Anything above half way should be adequate unless you just jerk the mouse around.

thanks...never noticed that feature before and it really helps very much while working in shift U
I downloaded carfocus but hell I cant understand how it works it seems to be quite useful in certain kind of shots but it seems to work rather different way than I would expect it to...it was made by brain who thinks other way than mine so I cant understand it
I knew the vid was a bit rubbish before I read this post it got deleted.

I guess i'll post a propper spr for drifting tips.

Drop out the power band? You mean i rev it too high. hmm.

[Deleted]
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG