The online racing simulator
CarX 2.0
(124 posts, started )
hope they send me an email
Quote from Becky Rose :Pacejka is the library used by a lot of indi's doing car physics in games that aren't really about cars, it 'suffices' rather than gives you an accurate car physics model

As empirical models go, Pacejka is pretty damn flexible. What it needs is decent input data. Crappy numbers give crappy curves, give an unconvincing experience. It's just a shame that such numbers can only be obtained by running fitting programs to real data, but from what I've seen it can reproduce real curves very well.

Its main limitations are a) it's not easy to use or adjust b) aside from slip, it only works across a small range of input parameters, so you need to add something to it, to cope with the full range of loads and camber angles and c) being purely empirical, you can't just tie in real tyre properties and have the curves changed appropriately (like dimensions, construction, pressure, deformation). It excels at reproducing one tyre, it's awkward as hell to try and use as a general solution.
Quote from brandons48 :it's....

Shocking.. you can barely keep the AE86 straight with the mouse.

I can drive fine in LFS with XRT + Mouse..

Then again, XRT isn't a "Drift car"

yea i cant even keep the dam car straight.
i dont really like it.
Quote from jrd.racer :yea i cant even keep the dam car straight.
i dont really like it.

Isn't it a drift game? To quote the immortal movie that is The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, "If you ain't outta control, you ain't in control."

If the game wants you sideways, go sideways.
lol... i feel like im driving in rfactor, but with better drift physics... but NO WERE NEAR LFS
Actually, it felt more like Racer. The handling was a bit smoother perhaps but in general very similar behaviour.

All the cars also seemed awfully overpowered. But I guess thats the whole point of drifting.
I think both Racer and that use Pacejka.

I see no similarities with the unique futures of LFS except the forces arrows.
Quote from dumbass0 :All the cars also seemed awfully overpowered.

Some D1GP drivers have over 800 PS engines.
It have same advertisments, and I think most of them don't exist in reality only in LFS... also the ambulance it is the same!
Quote from Shadowww :Some D1GP drivers have over 800 PS engines.

i thought the stupid aussie drift car was the most HP with 700RWHP (a real drift car in a drift championship)
but thats not a D1 car
Quote from Bob Smith : a) it's not easy to use or adjust

Which is why I hate it as a programmer, it's usually simpler, faster, and gives better results to do it yourself.

Quote :b) aside from slip, it only works across a small range of input parameters, so you need to add something to it, to cope with the full range of loads and camber angles

Which is why I hate it as a games player, it 'suffices'.

I'm from the old school when it comes to coding, and by old I meen I started out saving my projects to BASF C15's . I'll do something myself sooner than use a 3rd party module, so the only times I use 3rd party code is when I don't want to do something myself (either i'm not interested, or i'm focused on something else and want a meens to an end). With that in mind when it comes to something like making a racing game I just cant see how anyone would buy a physics engine... I meen, surely the point of making a racing game revolves around the physics so why would anyone use a generic physics engine? What would be the point of making it?

Of course some software houses barely write a single line in anything more complex than LUA, but then again I don't play their games. So even if i'm "wrong" at least i'm true to my words
At least the graphics are 10x better.
Quote from Mango Juice :At least the graphics are 10x better.

Yeah, LFS graphics are 10x better than this games graphics.
lol yup... especially the track textures... but i like how THICK the smoke is
Quote from chavm481 :lol yup... especially the track textures... but i like how THICK the smoke is

With the right addons and tools, LFS can easily beat it. Quite exaggerated example attached.
Attached images
lfs_smoke.jpg
Quote from morpha :With the right addons and tools, LFS can easily beat it. Quite exaggerated example attached.

A bit more exaggerated example:
Kaspersky says its a dangerous program,so ill leave it alone,also says there is worm inside
my antivirus scans everything and it says its alright....but il check again

LITERALLY TOOK ALL OF 5 SECONDS FOR AVAST TO FIND A TROJAN, DELETE!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine doesn't find anything?

Of course, if you already had a trojan/virus before that, they do like to replicate themselves into other files/executables, so...
Avast? Is that synonyme of phrase "I think that clean files are viruses"?
i right clicked on it and said scan, and everyone seems to recomend it....except for people here
Quote from logitekg25 :i right clicked on it and said scan, and everyone seems to recomend it....except for people here

Antivirus software is like hard drives, you can always find plenty of people who like or hate any of the brands out there.
Quote from logitekg25 :i right clicked on it and said scan, and everyone seems to recomend it....except for people here

No it's just Shadow³ saying that. For reference I also have Avast, to put the "mine doesn't find anything" into contrast.
Interesting, i spotted the physics arrows in the youtube vid but thats the only thing that really popped out as something that coulda been taken from lfs.. white smoke looks pretty much the same in any game XP

Ehh i'll DL it if i think it's interesting maybe i'll give it a reveiw~

CarX 2.0
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG