The online racing simulator
World Turbo Challenge Tour
(12 posts, started )

Are you ready for an event out of the ordinary? This event offers 2 cars competing on 6 different trakcs in a timeframe of 90 minutes. We get to visit every corner of the LFS World. We'll start out on Blackwood and make stops at South City, Fern Bay, Kyoto Ring, Westhill and finally at Aston.
The rules are few, and the challenges plenty. Hope you'll have fun.

World Turbo Challenge Tour is open for all European S2 licensed drivers.
There will be one qualifying session prior to the first race. This is to determine the starting order of the event.
After this it will be reversed order after each race depending on the finishing order the race before.
Each race will be approximately 10 minutes duration depending on the number of laps on each configuration.

Race schedule is as follows:
Blackwood GP 10 minutes (qualifying)
Blackwood GP 8 laps
South City Classic 12 laps
Fern Bay Green 8 laps
Kyoto Ring Oval 12 laps
Westhill International 5 laps
Aston North 4 laps

The event will take place on Wednesday May 31st at 20.30 CEST (Central European Summer Time) - (19.30 British Summer Time – 18.30 GMT ).
It ends around 22.00 CEST (21.00 BST).

The event will be held on the www.liveforspeed.dk server. Passwords will be sent out to all participants Monday May 29th.
This event is to gather people to have some fun and close racing.
Therefore there are not many rules because I expect everyone to know how to race and behave on a race track.

General Rules:
Drive clean and fair.

Track conditions:
- No wind and racing in daylight.

Disconnection:
- If you got a disconnection during the race you can not rejoin the race but you can spectate and join the next race.

Reset:
- You can reset your car if you are on the roof/side or stuck in the sand, but DON’T do it in front of other cars (wait till the track is safe).
- no SHIFT+S allowed.

Cars:
- 2 cars are allowed in this event - XRT and RB4.
- The car you choose to race is to be raced in all the races during the event. No switching cars. Doing so will result in 10 point penalty for each race the rule is violated.

Yellow and Blue Flags:
- Respect the yellow and blue flags.
- Yellow flag - be cautious
- When/if you get a Blue Flag let the faster car/s pass you easily as fast as possible.

Race Starts:
- There will be “lag-lap” in each race.
- Remember to close all unnecessary programs and websites in the background (like MSN, LFS World etc.) before you race! Because these things take away a bit of your Internet bandwidth and this could cause lag (timeouts) for you and the other racers on a server.
- There are no restarts of the race - no matter what.
- After each race there will be reversed order depending on the finishing order the race before.

Pit Stops:
- There are no forced pit-stops. You can of course do a pistop if your car is damaged.
- DO NOT use shift+s to go to the pits during the race or you’ll be disqualified.

Position 2 = 23
Position 3 = 20
Position 4 = 18
Position 5 = 16
Position 6 = 14
Position 7 = 13
Position 8 = 12
Position 9 = 11
Position 10 = 10
Position 11 = 9
Position 12 = 8
Position 13 = 7
Position 14 = 6
Position 15 = 5
Position 16 = 4
Position 17 = 3
Position 18 = 2
Position 19 = 1

Participants:
[Mo]Sp3cTr3 (Jacob Spring)
T7R|Richard DK
[SWR] Dennis Lind
r4ptor
[MG] Minimax
[MG] Jakg
filur
Sounds good..
I'm in
Ummm.....why is the WORLD Turbo Challenge open to all European S2 drivers?

Is the Western Hemisphere no longer part of the World???
Quote from banshee56 :Ummm.....why is the WORLD Turbo Challenge open to all European S2 drivers?

Is the Western Hemisphere no longer part of the World???

yes it is but the World in this case is the LFS virtual world
Considering North America has 18% of all registered LFS liscenses, I would say we are in the virtual world as well.
#7 - Jakg
im in!
c'mon people I want atleast 10 people signing up
#9 - filur
I'll join, my XRT is getting dusty.
oh go on then
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :im in!

oh yes, better say, ill be in the XRT (damn, i havent driven anything RWD in a while!)
im sorry to announce that I will have to cancel this event because of work. sorry for any inconvenience

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG