The online racing simulator
«THC» Team: Recruiting web designers
(7 posts, started )
I hate when I have to start writing something... The blank page always seems impossible to fill...

Anyway, on topic: Technical Team is currently looking for web designers, to help along with the development process of our website.

The development has been canceled many times, usually due to brand new designs. Right now we believe that this is the final design(version 13 iirc... not counting all the versions we totally discarded), and 75% of the animation process has been finished. The site, at it's current state is very heavy, but we are working hard to optimize it as much as we can.

What we really need: People that are good with any vector program(eg: Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw). Photoshop is not preferred, but compromises can be made.

Current requirement: A design of a scroll bar is needed. The style of the design has to match the site's design as much as possible. Currently there is a temporary scroll bar, which is barely even noticeable. It consists of a 1px wide black line and a gray ball in 15px of diameter.

Dream solution: A glassy guide, with a glassy (scroll). The scroll can be in any shape you think would fit. Still, preferred shape is either oval or a rectangle with oval edges. The scroll has to be somewhat connected with the guide, to form something like an elevator. Also the guide has to be connected to the edge of the main box - to form something like the outside-elevators(that can often be seen in movies). Anyway: This is a dream, and no one said that such thing would fit the best for the site's design, if it would fit at all.

And last thing(I think(not at all really)): You are free to do whatever design you would like the most. Nobody will make you stick to the dream solution. In fact this "dream solution", might cause the site to look overdone, but I have too-bad imagination to speak as a designer.

What's required in your reply: A picture(preferred: jpg/png) of the scroll bar, placed in it's position. It would also be good, if you include your age and name, but this is not really necessary, as this is a public forum, and we understand what some people don't like to share personal information.
Anyway: If you will include fake age, then, please don't include it all. Thanks.

Resources: First of all, here is the link to the server, we use to test the site: http://thcteam.co.cc
And there are some screen-shots of the place, where the scroll bar is needed (you can see in the actual design, the lists are a bit different, in case you care):

And really really last thing(I promise): The EA logo is a fake. One of our ex-team members claimed that he has spoken with EA... And the designer decided to include their logo in the design. We haven't changed it yet, since there are really more important things to do right now, and it will be removed in one or another way, with the advertisement system, which will actually be one of the last things we will do.

You will not be asked to join the team, or wear tags in LFS. Also, you will not be allowed to do so, if you are already in another team. This situation is actually a bit more complicated, so people that are already in another teams can pm me for more information.
And something more important: We would not accept people, that have left their previous team, with the only purpose to join «THC».
I've seen some bad websites, and some even worse flash ones, but yours just takes the biscuit. Any sane person would've given up waiting on it to load after a few seconds.
Quote from boothy :I've seen some bad websites, and some even worse flash ones, but yours just takes the biscuit. Any sane person would've given up waiting on it to load after a few seconds.

I warned about it, being heavy. At the moment I'm just wondering what more to sign out and/or replace with vectors...

And I don't think that it will be much of a problem for people with fast connection... For me it loads it pretty fast, when I upload a new version.. But still, I know it's pretty unfriendly right now
Nice design!
Quote from Bmxtwins :Nice design!

Thanks. But it would look better with content on it, wouldn't it.
...for which, atm, I need a scroll bar design.
Very nice creativity (loaded perfectly fine for me... nice loading screen)
Quote from Rascar13 :Very nice creativity (loaded perfectly fine for me... nice loading screen)

Thanks ..It's not a problem for people with fast connection, but let me tell you about this monster: It needs to (down)load 1.5mb... So it's an issue in some countries, especially where the regular speed is around 512-1024kbit/s.

Plus - vector images increase quality, and decrease size(as long as you don't forget to delete the raster ones tho )... What more better than that

Anyway: No one wants to help?

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG