The online racing simulator
LFF1 – Live For Formula 1
(34 posts, started )

Hello racers,

You all know the idea ”F1” in lfs, but have any of them been a real succes?
Not really.
So my idea was the have a F1 league that is 100% the same as real.
That WILL be a succes.

- 10 teams 20 drivers
- 19 Races
- Full race weekend (Friday practise session your own choise to join)
- 300 KM Race distance
- Soft and Hard tires
- Live Qual and Race coverage
- Team boss to kick drivers doing a bad job
- Sponsors
- Test drivers
- Q1-Q2-Q3 rule
- Tire Rule

Basicly 100% as F1. But I know what you are thinking, ”this has been done, same as all other leagues” Yes, but none been a good succes!
If the is a good showup from everyone interested. It will be a succes.
If you are running a team you need to find your 2 best drivers you have.
Make them signed up for this league.
I need alot of support

- Servers
- Broadcasting
- Race admins
- Safetycar
- Commentators

All this business.

IF you are interested in giving me support in this, please let me know.
The idea is to have the 20 Best and fastest drivers.

If i can get he support i need we will gett he league up and running early 2010!
Ill write the rules as soon as people show some positve helping

Thanks,

AroX
Ask Mazar, I heard he could be of help.
Quote from aroX123 :
- Team boss to kick drivers doing a bad job

lol :biggrinfl

That seems good in theory but it will need a lot of organization.
If you could reunite the best drivers possible, it would be great.
If you want to make it the most realistic possible, maybe you have to disallow TC.
Quote from proa2414 :maybe you have to disallow TC.

That was the idea too, the team have to work out a set how to survive "no tc"
Quote from boothy :Ask Mazar, I heard he could be of help.

I'll see what I can get out of NDR for this
#6 - Mysho
General idea is of course nice, but I think effort needed to make it like you want will be bigger than you expect right now, but if there's enough support from all sides, why not.
Quote from Mysho :but if there's enough support from all sides, why not.

Thats what would be great!
Does it have to be the best? Perhaps you need to somehow make teams qualify instead of individual drivers The thing is, 'teams' in LFS is only drivers - in real life, teams are about a lot more than drivers. This does not exist in LFS.
I'd love this idea Arox, Team Rock Racing would love to be present in the league.
I won't be driving though
Let me try and arrange drivers :
You should also have managers of some sort.
So that the managers can sign drivers.
And there should be a difference in performance of the cars per team.
some cars a bit heavier, some cars a bit less power.
Hey Arox,

Team Rock Racing would like to provide the server for this league !
As long as the qually's on Saturdays are NEVER in the evening, we can provide you our server for free. (this will be name changed ofcourse).
Our practise/championship (my own team's) is on Saturday from 19:30 to 20:30 GMT+1.
-
(jakeeatworld) DELETED by jakeeatworld
No, Arox. This is never going to work.

First of all, this idea was suggested quite a lot of times since the release of the BF1(http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=59528, cba to search for more).

Second point, you're asking for help before even trying to set-up something on your own with some foes, and trust me, it really shows that you do not have enough ressources to set up something. I've been racing in litterally tens of leagues, been adminning in two(three soon) and had the opportunity to know quite a lot of them from streams, forums and so on, and so far I never saw something good from someone already struggling at the very early stages of his plans. So, now, I cannot imagine what will happen now seeing that your project is at least as ambitious that the IGTC, MoE, iTCC or whatever is.

Thrid point, OWRL F1 is doing a very strong job, they have been having high-quality racing and decent grids with the BF1 for over 3 years now, with F1ish rules(although there's no SC, no broadcast and this kind of things, but I belive they have some plans about this), so trying to interfer with their business while you have had absolutely no experience in league adminning in your life is rather silly IMO.

Enough said from my side... have a good day
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :No, Arox. This is never going to work.

+1

It's nice that you show initiative and want to do something "new" but there is way too much work involved in this. IMO.
Quote from aroX123 :......

If you are innterested in any help just give me a pm i got some stuff left from my try to get a league like this up and running

Im willing to help to get a league like this up and running
I agree, it's not nice to be pessimistic but it will not work - in your planning, I can also see things that simply will not work. Team bosses who can fire drivers? No way, LFS is all about drivers..
Is there a car that can resemble GP2 in LFS S1/S2? If there is, you should make a feeder series league, too.
Indeed, but that would be crazy hard work to do
For pulling this of, you would need a new site. Maybe a subdomain at lfs like f1.lfs.net

And build a manager site for the teams, so that everyone has a team place. Then "sell" the spots for the teams. little fee ofcourse just for the symbolism of acting proffesional and so on.

Once when the teams are up and running, and all teams have filled their drivers positions, after tests and lap times hunting, and qualifications ofcourse. Then the fun could begin.

If u really wanna do it good, do it proper! And this would be somewhat the right way.
Quote from libben :For pulling this of, you would need a new site. Maybe a subdomain at lfs like f1.lfs.net

And build a manager site for the teams, so that everyone has a team place. Then "sell" the spots for the teams. little fee ofcourse just for the symbolism of acting proffesional and so on.

Once when the teams are up and running, and all teams have filled their drivers positions, after tests and lap times hunting, and qualifications ofcourse. Then the fun could begin.

If u really wanna do it good, do it proper! And this would be somewhat the right way.

Just what i want to do
aroX, check your pm box
I would love to see this to work, but the reality is it is gonna take a LOT of work.
I'll be a team boss please
ban traction control on the BF1 and I would love to be a driver for one of the teams.
good luck with this.
Meh, Team boss of Force India would be FTW.

Arox, You might aswell just Give £30 Million to Mclaren for a drive in their team.
Would be less fuss than doing a league on here.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG