The online racing simulator
S3 and buying S2 now
(68 posts, started )
#1 - sotQ
S3 and buying S2 now
Hey,
I've been a demo racer for a long time, actually I found out LFS for the first time in like 2002 or 2003 when there was an advertisement on a Finnish gaming magazine (Pelit). Still remember the downloading with modem speeds

Anyway, now I am about to buy LFS. It's just pretty hard to decide whether to wait for S3 or to just buy S2. Is there a discount or something for S2 users?
Just buy S2 right away. It will then just cost 12 additional bucks to upgrade your lisence. If you wait til S3 is out, it will cost 36 bucks. You lose no money, just a lot of time waiting for something that might not be around the corner in the nearest future.
S3 upgrade price for S3 price will be S3 price MINUS S2 price.
Shadowww

thats hard
#5 - Etem
Every upgrade costs 12 pounds.
Directly S2 costs 24 pounds.
Upgrade to S3 costs 12 pounds extra so 36 pounds totally.
S3 directly costs 36pounds
Buying S2 now = instant gaming immersion
Waiting to buy S3 when it eventually comes out = silly
Quote from sotQ :Hey,
I've been a demo racer for a long time, actually I found out LFS for the first time in like 2002 or 2003 when there was an advertisement on a Finnish gaming magazine (Pelit). Still remember the downloading with modem speeds

Anyway, now I am about to buy LFS. It's just pretty hard to decide whether to wait for S3 or to just buy S2. Is there a discount or something for S2 users?

Every Licence stage costs 12£ which is bargain anyway. so it will cost you the same if you buy S1\S2 now and then S3.
As far as I know, the devs still haven't stated that S3 would be 12 pounds like other stages. It could be more or less.
Victor said it would most probably still be 12 punds
It's a lie, Victor's high hooker bill demands him to raise the price. The price will be 100 bucks, at least!

It's a bad joke, don't kill me, specially not you Victor.
Who knows, LFS S3 could be a monthly/yearly payment, just like iRacing.

Nah, the devs would never do that... or would they?

@ devs: This is NOT a chance for you to take notes!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Who knows, LFS S3 could be a monthly/yearly payment, just like iRacing.

dont think so
Just buy S2, you don't lose any money.

You never know when S3 will come looking at the current progress speed.
im loving the white lettering in this thread
hey TVE, how do you know about his high hooker bill, and what were you doing coming from his room...
EDIT: o ya, just get it, it is worth, and you will need to memorise the tracks and cars and all of that
Quote from The Very End :It's a lie, Victor's high hooker bill demands him to raise the price. The price will be 100 bucks, at least!

It's a bad joke, don't kill me, specially not you Victor.

i have the feeling hes standing right behind you right now with a butchers knife.
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
-
-
Nah, I am sure deep inside he likes me, even if I mock him at every possible chance I get.

But you know I love you Victor
Couple of the year?

+

=

Love, LFS & Rock'n Roll!

(This joke is at my expence aswell!)
Quote from Chrisuu01 :i have the feeling hes standing right behind you right now with a butchers knife.

Disguised as TVE's friendly medic, with a sapper in right hand and knife in left.
s1= 12£
s1>s2= 12£
s2= 24£
s2>s3= 12£
s1>s3= 24£

s3= 36£
#19 - PoVo
Quote from aroX123 :s1= 12£
s1>s2= 12£
s2= 24£
s2>s3= 12£
s1>s3= 24£

s3= 36£

What i got from this

S1 is bigger than S2 which is 12 pounds
S2 is 24 pounds
S2 is bigger than S3 which is 12 pounds
S1 is bigger than S3 which is 24 pounds
S3 is 36 pounds

That means?
Quote from PoVo :What i got from this

S1 is bigger than S2 which is 12 pounds
S2 is 24 pounds
S2 is bigger than S3 which is 12 pounds
S1 is bigger than S3 which is 24 pounds
S3 is 36 pounds

That means?

S1 is upgraded to S2 which costs 12 pounds
S2 costs 24 pounds
S2 is upgraded to S3 which costs 12 pounds
S1 is upgraded to S3 which costs 24 pounds
S3 costs 36 pounds

But yeah, go for S2, who knows when S3 is coming, could be next Christmas...
I'm stuck; I got S1, I don't want S2 yet as there is no rally cross content in it yet.

If S3 comes out and there's RC content then I don't want to buy S2 to get to S3.

I guess I am saying if the devs don't support what I wanted to buy then I don't buy it, and that seems fair enough. If S3 comes out without RC content I don't want that either. It's about having choice.

If what I wanted is not supported in S2 why would I need to support S2?

The Devs choose to support end users or not, so end users should get same choice to support Devs or not. That is at least equitable.

Can you imagine having to buy MS Office to qualify to buy Windows7? No, neither can I, since it is not even a remotely realistic proposition!
You're not seriously comparing Office and Win7 to a 12£ licence, right?
Besides, S2 contains the UF1000 which is good fun on FE Rally-X Green
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Who knows, LFS S3 could be a monthly/yearly payment, just like iRacing.

lol if they do, do that im fking GONE! GONE YA HEAR ME!!!!!
Quote from MudPuppy :
Can you imagine having to buy MS Office to qualify to buy Windows7? No, neither can I, since it is not even a remotely realistic proposition!

Well you compare apples and oranges here it should be more like this:
Can you imagine buying Win95 and then a cheaper update version to WinME (without buying Win98) ? (no as this doesn't worked)

It's often like this with lots of other OS and software
except that you get also physics updates in LFS for free and some cars no matter if you buy the next stage or not.
So I don't realy understand all the fuss about it.

For me it's like when I bought S1 it was one sim
If I had to buy S2 now (man it's now a completly diff. sim with all the stuff that came over the years / and lots of that stuff even S1/Demo users got for free too).
It's def. worth double the price of S1.

I bet it will be the same when S3 comes out compared to S2.

So If you don't want S2 as it doesn't attract you don't buy it. Np - Who cares.
If later the S3 content is what you want then you can buy S3 Full
Why do lots of people expect (or want) to get a cheaper upgrade/update price from S2 to S3 if they don't own/haven't bought S2.
That doesn't make any sense.

S3 and buying S2 now
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG