The online racing simulator
yeah i forgot that one. It's half updated now, as in the format's right, but i need to so some extra processing on them to make all hostnames work well. Will do soon.
Thanks for clearing it all up Scawen.
Quote from Victor :yeah i forgot that one. It's half updated now, as in the format's right, but i need to so some extra processing on them to make all hostnames work well. Will do soon.

Thanks, take your time to make it perfect
All this talk about the new patch has got me jumping for joy! With all this new programming I think 0.6A (or Z30) Is going to be one of the biggest steps forward since S1 to S2. And now that limited setups are going to be implented in the game, I can go into a race server without sucking so hard because I am using a default set.

And I also agree with Amynue about the preview vid. How about a 2 min vid comparing the new physics with the current ones?
Quote from obsolum :IMO realistic setup options on all the road cars is an absolute necessity in LFS, and it's where it's lagging behind the most compared to other sims. The hugely unrealistic setup options we have now make it so that people can come up with the most ridiculous setups and be fast with them.

Realistic setup options would be a huge leap forward for LFS. And not as a host option, 'cause that will just shift the problem elsewhere. Sure there's gonna be loads and loads of people whining over this. Well bugger them. When has it ever been different whenever a big change was made?

I think it would be much better to upgrade the physics engine to such a high level, where you have to use realistic setup settings to be fast (even if you have "unlimited" setup options), and not to force racers to use realistic setups if they aren't good.

!!!This is especially true in the case of FWD cars!!! Now you have to set their front suspension very stiff, use locked diff (actually welded diff in real life, or "poor man's LSD" ), and make the car turn with full throttle. This is very unrealistic (even if it's fun ). So I think it's not a solution to limit the setup values, the physics have to be updated to handle this. (Limited setups are good, but for other purposes, e.g. to race with more equal conditions, and to give chance for those who don't like messing with setups, just want to race.)

I hope this is what Scawen is working on (at least partially).
Quote from Scawen :Yes, I know there are a lot of users that have used LFS for experimentation and learned something from the unlimited setups. And we will not take away that ability. The idea is that it will be a host option. Maybe the default will be limited setups and the option will be "Allow extreme setups" or maybe the other way round.

Host option seems to be a good solution, but what about statistics on LFSW? one of options will hurt other. Introduction of separate statistics for each of options don't sounds good.
Quote from Matrixi :If they would be forced, there'd be people leaving LFS. Guaranteed.

You mean like there are people "leaving" LFS now because of the unrealistic setup options (and setups)? Let them. It will undoubtly attract new users as well.
Quote from BOSCHO :there are some bugs with the Nvidia 3D view.
From the outside is perfect but from the inside nvidia cant render the car correct.. i will give support for what you devs need to make the perfect render from the inside. The problem is that Nvidia renders the interior good but the place of the rendered image is placed more to the left and it can make a correct 3D object

I used this drivers too, and I don't have any problem to configure them. You need to adjust some parameters but can be succesfully. I don't see the point to LFS devs, so nVidia 3D drivers are what convert the 3D render in stereoscopic render.
Thank you very much for the testing and comments!

As this has now gone public, I will close the test patch thread.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z28 (installer test + minor updates)
(84 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG