The online racing simulator
I've a problem about driving.
(22 posts, started )
Hello guys!

I'm newbie on LFS and i've a problem on the game.I've just installed the game and joined to the community so opened a server and regulated my settings.It's like that;

Well,this is it.And My problem is that;

When I want to drive at the begining I shifted the gears to 1 and the car started to accelarete but when I turned the wheel it was sucks.I mean I couldnt get the control It was so bad and I want to drive regularly

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!
How do you mean? Can you explain it?
Though,I couldnt tell my problem

Check this picture out.Is there any problem on my game settings?

My problem's; I cannot drive the car! The car's getting mad when i drive it.I couldnt control it on the way.It crashes everywhere.
So you've got a steering wheel, right? In that case, click "direksiyon / çubuk" and then "Eksenler / FF" which should appear in the bottom row of buttons. The rest should be fairly self-explanatory

(I hope so because I can't guide you through it in turkish :razz
Quote from morpha :So you've got a steering wheel, right? In that case, click "direksiyon / çubuk" and then "Eksenler / FF" which should appear in the bottom row of buttons. The rest should be fairly self-explanatory

(I hope so because I can't guide you through it in turkish :razz

He uses his keyboard.
Quote from Flame CZE :He uses his keyboard.

That's what he set LFS to, but he says "(...) but when I turned the wheel it was sucks.", hence my instructions to switch to wheel / joystick
Quote from morpha :That's what he set LFS to, but he says "(...) but when I turned the wheel it was sucks.", hence my instructions to switch to wheel / joystick

I think he was reffering to the virtual wheel in his car...

Kubii: I understand that you use keyboard to drive. It is much better to drive with mouse in LFS. You can control the car much more smootly, the rest is just a lot of practicing
@MadCatX

It's not about practicing.I have a laptop and I've just installed LFS.And it was perfect to control car.Now,I've just realized sth.

I've a reaction problem,I mean it's not just about driving.When I pushed "ESC" or "V" to change camera It's so slow but on laptop it's so fast.My desktop not bad one for LFS.

I dont know what i can do.I hope now I could explain my problem..
You mean that LFS runs slow on your desktop? Can you post specifications of your desktop?
Quote from Kubii92 :

My problem's; I cannot drive the car! The car's getting mad when i drive it.I couldnt control it on the way.It crashes everywhere.

Hm, sounds like he just tried the raceabout
@MadCatX

it's all problem reaction.

MY desktop; p4 2.93 GHZ 1 GB RAM and ati radeon x300 series

my laptop; cr2 2.26 ghz 3 gb ram and nvidia geforce 9300m

I know there are some differents between them but LFS's not Gran Turismo 5 or NFS Shift,right?

It's OK,i think.

Again saying it; When i pushed "V" to change camera it changes after 4-5 seconds.And reconsider it according to steering wheel (i'm using keyboard)

When i pushed to left to turn my car and it turns it after 5-6 second and i cannot do anything it crashes everywhere.

@Test Driver

What's that?
Raceabout,or RAC for short. It's a mid-engined car,which doesn't handle very well in the hands of a regular driver.
Ignore Test Drivers post as it is just a spam. RAC is a car in LFS that is no accessible in demo.

Back on topic. This is most likely something wrong with your computer. Do other games work fine? I can hardly think of anything that could cause 5 second delay, maybe some spyware or virus...
Well,what can i do to solve this prob. ?

@MadcatX

Soon,I'll install the Windows 7 and I'll clean my PC.
Well,let's start from the very first and simplest thing - what are you computer specs? What's your processor and video card?
He just posted that :rolleyes:
From what i can figure out the x300 graphics cards arent that big, i would go for very low FPS being the problem.

The only solution would be to lower the resolution and turn things like shadows and sky off, plus aa/af all the way off.

It will almost certianly look like crap, but should play better.

I would click on the 'grafik' box and then post a picture of those settings, so we can see what options you have, as i believe it differs depending on what graphics card you have.
Your wheel might not be calibrated.
Press your left pedal to the bottom, then your right one, then turn the wheel from side to side before starting LFS. If it doesn't help, enter control panel, game controlers, and calibrate your wheel from somewhere in there (don't know where exactly).
Although what you say is correct for steering issues Ivo, i reckon its something more along the lines of a slow machine as opposed to any calibration this time, as he mentioned that any key presses are also taking a few seconds to react.
Quote from Kubii92 :Well,what can i do to solve this prob. ?

Buy LFS S2 for example?

Quote from Kubii92 :
Soon,I'll install the Windows 7 and I'll clean my PC.

I wouldn't recommend installing Win7 on such an old PC, but the choice is yours. I'm quite sure that a fresh windows installation can solve your problem.
He needs to get LFS to run right first, so the license thing is irrelivant ATM.

No point in having S2 if LFS responds like a powerpoint slideshow is there?

And about demoers, they're still people you know!

Seriously, everyone has to start somewhere, i found it beneficial staying demo for a while before going for S2 as at least i knew one track fairly well by the time i got it.
Quote from MadCatX :Buy LFS S2 for example?

I wouldn't recommend installing Win7 on such an old PC, but the choice is yours. I'm quite sure that a fresh windows installation can solve your problem.

I'll install it my laptop,too.Thanks tomorrow i'll do it.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG