Blackwood without Chicane
(50 posts, started )
BL main straight is far from being super fast and the track would just become a bit boring without that chicane.Thou,it should be pretty easy to change route and let people race another layout...
Yes but those annoying barriers cant be removed
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yes but those annoying barriers cant be removed

Maybe YOU can't...
This is nothing that Eric can't do quite easily,i think.
But that's another story.
The Chicane Makes Blackwood.

You mess the chicane up.... It Ruins the rest of your lap.

Good Idea.. but as posted above.. would be pretty boring.
Without the chicane, Blackwood is almost an oval It would be nice to have it as a config without it though, it would really open up the straight for the fast classes
It would be nice just because it doesn't require that much effort to change that bit...
I don't see an "improvement" in making a pretty long straight even longer. If you want to test topspeeds or something, do it on the oval or drag strip.
I´d like this suggestion be implemented No much change.

+1 to OP
Why not just remove every corner and make Blackwood an infinite straight?

You must have gone mad... "really annoying esp when racing at highspeeds"
i compleetly dissagree i would prefer a nice kink befor the sector and then a sweeping left during the down hill or even right after so u have to turn in during the down hill part. i think it would make the track ALOT more intresting

like this pic

Actually, it would be nice to have the ability to edit the default layout to replace certain dodgy barriers with less dodgy but still slightly dodgy tyres. Would have saved a few cars at GTAL BL1R
Lets remove em manually, HEX anyone??
Poor old S1 Blackwood beeing contradicted. Most of you guys don't know how good the old chicane was.... *dreaming of 2 piped GTT 6 geared rwd monster fun*
Quote from baSh0r :Poor old S1 Blackwood beeing contradicted. Most of you guys don't know how good the old chicane was.... *dreaming of 2 piped GTT 6 geared rwd monster fun*

I loved the area after the old pit exit with that ridiculous kerb.
I don't think that the chicane should be removed. What I think would improve is making it harder. Now you can pass it full speed on most cars. There are not a single good chicane in LFS
The Rockingham chicane, at the end of the lap, is quite nice in real life (for a chicane). Although the apex tyre stacks are quite scary, as I'm sure they weigh more than my car.
could they just make another blackwood without the chicane, and keep the original one, that way people who want the chicane can use the original one, and the people who don't want the chicane can use the new one
Quote from Luttsy :could they just make another blackwood without the chicane, and keep the original one, that way people who want the chicane can use the original one, and the people who don't want the chicane can use the new one

Yeah, that's what the OP said.
Nothing wrong wiht having an layout withing the chicane. Basically it's just removing those barriers and it's ready for usage.
they shouldn't just move the barriers, they should place proper tarmac their so it's an even suface
Yeah, it would be nice. But I'll still drive the chicane one... Removing the chicane will mean that the track time will be better when you have less downforce... meaning that you will have to fight understeer in the last sector.

Blackwood can have some nice improvements... more unforgiving gravel traps will be nice...
And this kind of safety zone:
2 meters grass /if there isn't grass, players will be able to use the asphalt for a faster lap/
30 meters asphalt /it's a better safety zone/
10 meters unforgiving gravel /a place where the dangerous drivers will get stuck and never get out/
They should bring back the trees from the demo/s1 days
if they make 2 blackwoods (one with and one without chicane ) it ill be fair for everyone then
Quote from MAD3.0LT :... i would prefer a nice kink befor the sector and then a sweeping left during the down hill or even right after so u have to turn in during the down hill part. i think it would make the track ALOT more intresting
like this pic

That would be very nice indeed

and +1 to "bring back the trees"

(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG