The online racing simulator
Remove the sight of wheels
(23 posts, started )
Hello,

I'm for the abolition of the wheels view, which is unrealistic.
In addition, it gives an advantage.
could you please stop making silly suggestions? The first few were weird, this one is just plain stupid.
What is the order of wheels? I think there is a mistranslation from French.
It's possible to enforce the use of cockpit view in which the car body is always drawn, this also disables the racing line and forces view (F).
morpha, yes I know but the cockpit view is not often forced.

Sorry for the translation
Cockpit view is rarely forced because the ones who don't use it don't like being told how to play. And I can't blame them, because I wouldn't want to be forced to use an external view either.

The wheels view is good for working out lines since you can see exactly how near the apex you are, or how much further you can afford to go. I don't use it, but on top of the frame rate over cockpit view I assume that's the main function.
Haha...?

I always use the wheels view, I have no choice. I guess by your point of view I should stop enjoying LFS then?

awsome.
Ricerguy, why you have no choice ?

Live for speed is a simulation ?

Wheels view, that makes arcade.
Some people have slow computers and the wheels-only view can help keep the fps a bit higher.

There is already the serverside option to force cockpit view and that is enough. LFS has lots of unrealistic things, but they have to be there because it's still a computer game, not reality.
Make ultra-low-poly versions of the models for people with slower computers, than. The physics calculations will still use the original versions of the models.
Besides that, some people actually use real cockpits, what would be the point of showing them twice?
Quote from AndroidXP :Some people have slow computers and the wheels-only view can help keep the fps a bit higher.

bonnet view can help keep the fps a bit higher too.

wheels view serves just to be faster
Quote from David 09 :wheels view serves just to be faster

And bonnet view doesn't help with that? Your main argument is that wheels view is unrealistic and arcadey, but the bonnet view somehow isn't? If people are faster than you then I can guarantee you that's because they have more skill, not because they're using the wheels view.

Wheels view doesn't only have advantages either; it's harder to judge where your car is in relation to others and from my experience you tend to look at the wheels too much instead of actually looking further away into the corner, making it harder to get your lines right.
Bonnet view : http://ups.imagup.com/06/1258691595.jpg

Bonnet view is less unrealistic wheels view.

In any simulation there wheels view.

Wheels view causes strollers because he does not see the frame.

And for your personal information, I try to get as close as possible to reality and not to be the fastest.

Otherwise I would blocked Differential (unrealistic), ect .........

I want the game only offers the cockpit view, and besides, I find the cockpit view is great in live for speed.

To please the greatest number, it never will, so I just asked to delete wheels view.
Quote from David 09 :Bonnet view : http://ups.imagup.com/06/1258691595.jpg

Bonnet view is less unrealistic wheels view.

In any simulation there wheels view.

Wheels view causes strollers because he does not see the frame.

And for your personal information, I try to get as close as possible to reality and not to be the fastest.

Otherwise I would blocked Differential (unrealistic), ect .........

I want the game only offers the cockpit view, and besides, I find the cockpit view is great in live for speed.

To please the greatest number, it never will, so I just asked to delete wheels view.

L
O
L

So, by not locking your differential (which in reality you can do in 5 minutes with a welding torch) that makes it more realistic? Dude.. No one locks there ****ing diff to win a race.. Thats USUALLY for drifting.

To please the greatest number.. I assume this is the good old "EVERYWUN WANTZ ITZ" Yeah, so that's why no one on here has agreed with you, eh?

You must have a croissant up your ass so far that its squishing your brain a bit..
thank you for the insult

I know you can easily block a diifférentiel but a differential stuck on the bitumen does not really benefit but in the games is an advantage.
if the game only offered us cockpit view and nothing else then we would also loose the people that make LFS movies.
Quote from David 09 :
I know you can easily block a diifférentiel but a differential stuck on the bitumen does not really benefit but in the games is an advantage.

WHAT?????
'I know you can lock a differential, but in reality a locked diff doesn't give you the advantage that it does in the game.' and he's stated already that he likes to play realistically even if it's at the expense of the fastest laptime.

Come one guys, it's obvious English isn't his first language, and also pretty obvious what he means so stop deliberately misunderstanding just to be dicks.

I'm in favour of keeping the wheels view because as someone said, it lets you see your precise line - agreed this isn't realistic but in real life it's a LOT easier to see (or sense, at least) exactly where your front wheels are placed from inside the cockpit, even though the bodywork obscures them.
Personally, I like to bang my face on the desk whenever I crash. The pain makes it more real.
same here Subphonic... anyways, i dont wanna be a dick, but im just asking what he ment by hat he said.. and if he's against it, then dont use that view...
Quote from Subphonic :Personally, I like to bang my face on the desk whenever I crash. The pain makes it more real.

btw, wheels view is mint. it helps fps issues a lot too as thingo already said

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG