The online racing simulator
"h" shortcut(?) problem...
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Byku
I've got a pretty annoying problem. For example: I have "my computer" window open in the background, and i'm writing this post. Everytime i press "h"(small), this "my computer" window goes to the front, and firefox is going out of focus. What's confusing, is that some windows react to "h" letter while some doesn't. For example, "c:\something\something" doesn't react to "h" when i go to this folder through a shortcut, but when i go there through "my computer" ("My Computer" -> C:\ -> C:\something -> C:\something\something) it reacts to "h".... of course there are some windows which react in both conditions. Anybody got ANY idea how could i check which program uses that shortcut?
Im not similar, ive had 2+ similar problems. Both we're on laptop. When i pressed R or something, then it ran "Run" or something like that. The problem (i assume) was of the 24/7 connected windows key (WinKey+R=Run). After format, everything was fine tho.

Other one i had was that when i clicked anything on my desktop (no matter what, over 20icons as i remember) - it always opened My Documents. The reason of that was a complete f**kup by viruses (stupid me, doh).

Check your keyboard, do a virus scan, check drivers (when on laptop, some have drivers for keyboard/touchpad). Dont know more, hope it helps
I did that weird key bind thing one day by accident, i knocked my keyboard off the desk which must have set some key combination to start the stupid thing off, and then pretty much every letter key i pressed opened or launched something beginning with that letter.

I just unplugged the keyboard, pressed power off on the PC, which shuts it down, then plugged the kb back in, restarted and it was fine again, to this day i don't know what i pressed exactly to make it do it.

EDIT: 2 possible solutions, either your windows key is stuck down, not the key physically pressed down, maybe the contact for that key has stuck or shorted maybe...

Win + R = Run
Win + E = Explorer
Win + F = Find

etc etc

Another possibility is that stickykeys has become enabled, press the shift key 5 times in quick succession to see.
#4 - Byku
Tried everything You have suggested and scanned whole system for spyware, viruses etc. Nothing helped :|.
i've only had this happen with a broken keyboard, or a stuck key.
#6 - Byku
Propably i'll have to play with msconfig , thanks for advices guys!

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG