The online racing simulator
Need help [Talent Show Song]
(15 posts, started )
Quote from theirishnoob :oh pop idols back on ?

Sadly not,

Anyway do any of you have suggestions for a song at all. I need the help please
Coldplay - Scientist

Watch the crowd go wild.
#7 - CSU1
..if you play guitar go with Britney Spears - Hit me baby one more time....if not, just wing it and go with ol' trusty ghost busters or thriller by the late whacko jacko
#8 - J@tko
Depends on how good you are at singing

Radio GaGa by Queen if you're pretty good.

Something like YMCA by the Village People if you're not
For a talent show, do something acoustic. Nothing bowls a whole crowd over like an acoustic performance.

DON'T DO IT IF YOU CAN'T SING!
Just put on some Pig Destroyer and spray everyone with blood.
How many of you are there, and are you a good mix of male and female singers? The Grease soundtrack is always a winner with crowds, but you'll want to have at least a couple of people who can harmonise.

And don't have everyone singing everything. Either alternate and take a line each, or harmonise. Loads of people singing loads of words in the same key sounds clumsy and amateur. Just ask Jedward
Cheers, I am planning to play guitar for it. We have 3 or 4 guys and 2 girls doing it. Am not singing because i SUCK really bad at it. But one of the girls can sing quite good and one of the guys can kind off sing. I like the sound of Radio GaGa by Queen. That would be quite amazing. I could always try something acoustic. Am still learning the guitar but one of the guys said he will help me a lot and he is very good on the guitar. Its on the 18th of December so i have a good amount of time
Quote from 1993weeman :Cheers, I am planning to play guitar for it. We have 3 or 4 guys and 2 girls doing it. Am not singing because i SUCK really bad at it. But one of the girls can sing quite good and one of the guys can kind off sing. I like the sound of Radio GaGa by Queen. That would be quite amazing. I could always try something acoustic. Am still learning the guitar but one of the guys said he will help me a lot and he is very good on the guitar. Its on the 18th of December so i have a good amount of time

Not that I'm trying to flatter you, but...
You're five or six, and you have a singer that can't really sing (I mean, "kind of sing" isn't really singing in my opinion) and a guitarist that's learning to play the guitar. I'm sorry, but in a month one can't learn how to sing or play a song by Queen... I mean, Freddie was one of the greatest singers in the world (and IMHO he still is), and Brian May is one of the guitarists with more taste in music.

Try something simpler like some Green Day, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, things like those (not THAT difficult to learn, and which have a great impact on the crowd).

In my band, we started (looooong ago) with Basket Case, Waiting, Holiday and Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, and those songs worked well and we could learn them in a really small time, even if we weren't THAT good.
Then we went into some Guns N' Roses, then we changed genre to Progressive Metal (Dream Theather FTW) and finally to that mix of different genres that we call Alternative Rock/Metal (our own songs). But we started like you, with lots of ideas, lots of good intentions but not much knowledge in how to play an instrument.

So, in my humble opinion, you have to start from the basics, and one step after another arrive where you want to go.
I wish you all the best!
Quote from freddyalek90 :Not that I'm trying to flatter you, but...
You're five or six, and you have a singer that can't really sing (I mean, "kind of sing" isn't really singing in my opinion) and a guitarist that's learning to play the guitar. I'm sorry, but in a month one can't learn how to sing or play a song by Queen... I mean, Freddie was one of the greatest singers in the world (and IMHO he still is), and Brian May is one of the guitarists with more taste in music.

Try something simpler like some Green Day, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, things like those (not THAT difficult to learn, and which have a great impact on the crowd).

In my band, we started (looooong ago) with Basket Case, Waiting, Holiday and Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, and those songs worked well and we could learn them in a really small time, even if we weren't THAT good.
Then we went into some Guns N' Roses, then we changed genre to Progressive Metal (Dream Theather FTW) and finally to that mix of different genres that we call Alternative Rock/Metal (our own songs). But we started like you, with lots of ideas, lots of good intentions but not much knowledge in how to play an instrument.

So, in my humble opinion, you have to start from the basics, and one step after another arrive where you want to go.
I wish you all the best!

if we do take this serious after the talent show then maybe, but for now we are doing this for charity and we just want to have a laugh, If we play crap then oh well. If we play quite good then maybe we will take it more serious.

But i think your right, we probably will have to play something else than Queen. But for a charity night it might be worth a try
Long way from Brooklyn - Down to the Bone

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG