The online racing simulator
Xfire crashing LFS
(12 posts, started )
Xfire crashing LFS
Ok, this started just now and it happens every time. I moved my LFS directory to another spot, so i had to refind installed software. I had LFS open at the time, and i choose the right directory of LFS and apply it. My LFS now crashes whenever Xfire is open. Pretty odd.. It worked perfectly before..
Since when? Have you upgraded XFire? If so, I;m inclined to say thats causing it.
#3 - shim
ive found the same thing, to get the LFS xfire stats, all i do is ignore the send error report and click on the LFS window.. works fine..
Well, thats odd. Its working perfectly now. I guess Xfire was pmsing for having LFS open at the same time of applying it to record it.
Hmm, now its doing it again. It crashes once LFS starts to load textures.
Sorry to bump, but its still doing this. I even tried reinstalling Xfire. It still happens when LFS is loading textures. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?
Maybe that's hardware problem, expecially RAM?
the file xfire_toucan.dll is whats causing LFS to crash. I deleted it and Xfire still works fine, but now whenever i start Xfire i get a warning saying xfire_toucan.dll failed to load, then this crap about xfire not fully working. Still records data for me, except its annoying having to click ok everytime now
Log a bug report with XFire.
http://www.xfire.com/xf/module ... topic&p=351218#351218

Incase anyone else has this problem, heres the link to the thread. *waits for replys *

*edit* heres the exact error report if your looking at this scawen :
AppName: lfs.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: xfire_toucan_17171.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.17171 Offset: 000205c4
I found a quick fix.

In xfire go to Tools > options
Then select the "Games Tab"
Then select "Live for Speed"
Then click the advaced options button
and make sure "Disable xfire In-
Game" IS CHECKED.

The bad thing is you cant use xfire ingame with LFS...but the good news it, its not crashing anymore for me and it still records my stats.
Hey there,

did you hear back from the Xfire Devs about this at all?

Dan

Xfire crashing LFS
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG