The online racing simulator
How about a Winners podium?
(18 posts, started )
While I know there are many many more important things to be added first. I would welcome the idea of a winners podium at the end of races, LFS already has what we dress our drivers and making 3 people stand on a podium would be rather simple and nice for recognition of a victory for 3-5 seconds after the race is over.
After a well fought race when every one in that spectates or race (after they have finnished or have been disqualified) watches their competitors hard fought victory. Also maybe a glamor shot of the winners car.

I guess it may sound a little arcady but thats not always bad. Many times I have raced a good battle and would like to gloat over the other losers... with respect of course
LFS is about driving experience, not about shampagne ceremonies.
I think it could work if it were not made too anoying. If anyone have tried Trackmania, it's kind of good way. In the end of the race it shows something like the 12 first ones on 3-4 rows IIRC. Looks good.

So, well this can get +1 from me, but not some sort of podium, more like a lineup of the first drivers.
Quote from alliennas :LFS is about driving experience, not about shampagne ceremonies.

I think you mean Champagne.
And hate to break it to you, but many real life races are concluded with a "shampagne ceremony" to congratulate the winner/podium.

This idea gets a +1 from me, although the description is a little bit arcadish
TVE, the trackmania thing came to mind as soon as i saw this thread's title hehe
Just saying, that there are more important things to do on LFS, than to have podium after the race.. I mean.. We're waiting for a car about a year now, and you guys still have hope, that devs will make something not important at all for ya? Come on..
I don't know about a winners podium, but I have a system where F1 style flags appear for winner and runners up - but you'd need LFSLapper to use them.
Attached images
F1 style winner and runner up flags.png
I also use a "marshall" on my servers (Sin'rs and Sin'rs too).

This could be changed slightly to be put on podium!?
Attached images
marshall.PNG
winner podium.PNG
Quote from sinanju :I also use a "marshall" on my servers (Sin'rs and Sin'rs too).

HAHAHA

Reminds me of the block people from Gumby when I was 8 years old.

BTW a listing (just text and maybe a flag or Small pic of the car/driver) is also great, but it would be nice if it was built in
Im thinking just medium sized country flags centered in the screen with nr1 a bit higher then the other twos for the top 3, and the other players names in a list under it.
Quote from PedraumF :Used to play it long time ago, large amounts of fun, infinite tracks.

Awesome game indeed, still playing it quite regularly.
Quote from teedot : I think you mean Champagne.
And hate to break it to you, but many real life races are concluded with a "shampagne ceremony" to congratulate the winner/podium.

This idea gets a +1 from me, although the description is a little bit arcadish
TVE, the trackmania thing came to mind as soon as i saw this thread's title hehe

That's why you play LFS in a full racing overall, right?
I play LFS because I heared it had nice tits.
Quote from alliennas :Just saying, that there are more important things to do on LFS, than to have podium after the race.. I mean.. We're waiting for a car about a year now, and you guys still have hope, that devs will make something not important at all for ya? Come on..

Which is exactly why he put "While I know there are many many more important things to be added first." before he stated his suggestion.....read carefully before you post.

And The Very End and RMZ125 i had to quote those lmfao!!!!!!!
Quote from sinanju :I also use a "marshall" on my servers (Sin'rs and Sin'rs too).

Is it just me, or is he wearing transparent shorts?
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer
Quote from Crashgate3 :Is it just me, or is he wearing transparent shorts?

I think it's a transparent skirt!
I immediately thought of TrackMania as well...

...and IMO, there are more important things to work on, but at the same time... well to borrow a line: "How hard can it be!?"

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG