The online racing simulator
LFS - Pedals that should actully work
The Pedals i mean in the car Interior i don't mean the Pedals for controller or that. When ever you brake your feet should push the brake pedal down.
OR when you Accerelerate (Throttle) your leg should be pushing the pedal on the right side. I'd like to see the pedals actully move and the feet move and push both of the pedals.
I'd also like to see a clutch pedal as well. Like when you change to manual the clutch pedal pops up in the Interior.

These suggestions make the car look more realistic to cars in real life.
½ Thanks for reading this topic. Have fun racing in Live for speed!
#2 - SAxor
Please don't watch your feet when you drive in real life. Kay.

I would rather they spend they're time on something else, its a unnecessary bit o eye candy that after you've seen once, thought a cool, you forget about it, especially in a sim. IMO
This is stupid, who looks at the legs anyways.
useless
Pretty sure we'll eventually get these animations, together with a proper shifting animation. Somewhere near the end of LFS's development I would imagine
#6 - Danke
The problem with a shifting animation or clutch animation has been mentioned before here somewhere. You actually move your arm/leg BEFORE you shift. LFS has no way of knowing that you're about to shift. It can only tell when you press the button/pedal. So the animation would either be incredibly fast, which would look comical, or it would be delayed, which would be confusing.
Quote from Danke :The problem with a shifting animation or clutch animation has been mentioned before here somewhere. You actually move your arm/leg BEFORE you shift. LFS has no way of knowing that you're about to shift. It can only tell when you press the button/pedal. So the animation would either be incredibly fast, which would look comical, or it would be delayed, which would be confusing.

Exactly what he said. The only way it could be done is like it's done in NASCAR Racing 2003, when only the gear stick is shown...
Quote from Danke :The problem with a shifting animation or clutch animation has been mentioned before here somewhere. You actually move your arm/leg BEFORE you shift. LFS has no way of knowing that you're about to shift. It can only tell when you press the button/pedal. So the animation would either be incredibly fast, which would look comical, or it would be delayed, which would be confusing.

it can use a predict system like gt5. when u at high revs it calmly moves your hand and foot onto the shifter and clutch.
Not bothered about them moving when I brake, accelerate etc. Don't see the point (I actually have bright red Pumas at the minute which are distracting enough as it is!).

But, if they're not going to move, it'd be nice if they didn't move when you steer either...that always seems a bit weird to me.
#10 - pipa
Gtr 2 has it and when you notice it at first its quite a nice feature, although you never look and therefore use it in any way.
Obviously it'd be most appreciated by the video makers.
True, and if it's during a replay, LFS already knows the future, so to speak. So it could start the animation .5 second before the shift in a replay. I'll agree that it would be cool to have. I wouldn't put it near the top of the todo list, but then again, we don't get to order Scawen's todo list anyway.
Playing the Real-Time Racing beta, I noticed it had moving legs and feet, and shifter arm. Window Wipers etc...
Cool feature to have but I agree that its not exactly top priority, Get the performance and other things right before some eye candy...

If only Microsoft had thought the same, There would be no wasted time on Vista, and then quickly developing Windows7 to dig them self out the hole
That didnt make sence did it??? How to dig out a hole
it cant be too hard i mean even that iracing or w/e its called on the iphone has shifter movements i mean wtf lol
The shifting animation wouldn't be that hard to figure out.
For folks with a clutch pedal, the arm could move down to the stick when you pressed the clutch - simple.
For folks without a clutch it's a bit harder. On the way up through the gears, the arm could come off the wheel as you approach the redline/shifting light, assuming that you're still on the throttle and not steering*. On the way down it'd need to be at low torque points, maybe just ahead of where an autobox would shift you.

It's fairly reasonable to assume that 99% of the time** in those situations you'd be just about to change gear. It might also count as a slight visual assist for anyone who wasn't sure

* Those are the only two things that jumped out to me which would stop you shifting - hard steering and (obviously) not accelerating. Maybe also assuming the car isn't sliding, since you might not be steering then but would be holding the wheel with both hands.

** Yes I realise that sometimes it might be wrong, but I can't imagine it would happen often enough that people would complain.
Quote from benjamen50 :The Pedals i mean in the car Interior i don't mean the Pedals for controller or that. When ever you brake your feet should push the brake pedal down.
OR when you Accerelerate (Throttle) your leg should be pushing the pedal on the right side. I'd like to see the pedals actully move and the feet move and push both of the pedals.
I'd also like to see a clutch pedal as well. Like when you change to manual the clutch pedal pops up in the Interior.

These suggestions make the car look more realistic to cars in real life.
½ Thanks for reading this topic. Have fun racing in Live for speed!

You just wanted to come up with something, didn't you?
I remember a video on youtube with these animations
ok i agree wit the "dont watch your feet" but could add the gator motion....when shiftng you know and that you can see when you drive in real life
the person who sugested the whole clutch pedal thing, i shift REALLY fast, too fast for it to not look funny. i think just the shifter moving, or just ya when it thinks it is soon shifting. or maybe it gets used to your driving style through a few tests
Quote from logitekg25 :the person who sugested the whole clutch pedal thing, i shift REALLY fast, too fast for it to not look funny. i think just the shifter moving, or just ya when it thinks it is soon shifting. or maybe it gets used to your driving style through a few tests

You shift really fast because the G25 shifter can be shifted by blowing on it, a real gearbox is quite different.
ya, so it still wont work, because a lot of people have the g25

i think the spr/mpr thing should have it good, because it knows the future, but when it is about to be shift point it can move foot to clutch pedal, and the hand to shifter...and any steering would look like a panic move to the wheel.

i still think if there are tests to get to know your shifting style it would work better
Quote from logitekg25 :ya, so it still wont work, because a lot of people have the g25

i think the spr/mpr thing should have it good, because it knows the future, but when it is about to be shift point it can move foot to clutch pedal, and the hand to shifter...and any steering would look like a panic move to the wheel.

i still think if there are tests to get to know your shifting style it would work better

I do have a G25 and tend to shift too fast, sometimes I can keep myself from ninja shifting and try to do it somewhat realistically, but let's face it, it's only natural to shift as fast as you can.
I'd still prefer if my ingame driver copied my ninja-shifting as opposed to just leaving his hands on the wheel. Mouse users and low-FFB wheel users can countersteer way faster than possible in most road and race cars and we do have a fairly nice animation for that.

As for replays: The way they're currently processed, LFS actually doesn't know when to shift because it parses the replay on the fly.
howabout the tests we take if we choose (if not then we wont have the feature) that ajusts to our shifting style for each car
Quote from logitekg25 :howabout the tests we take if we choose (if not then we wont have the feature) that ajusts to our shifting style for each car

If you don't like your shifting animation to play way too fast, don't shift too fast, simple as that
After all, it should reflect user input, just like the wheel movement does.

LFS - Pedals that should actully work
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG