The online racing simulator
Top Gear Test Course (Req.)
(60 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :He turned up at my local outdoor kart track one day and smashed the lap record for rental karts, and I have to say that time was fast. It took the local club drivers 6 months or so to break it whilst on a dedicated lap record hunt. You might think he's crap, but he is the one that beat Michael Schumacher whilst driving a totally inferior Williams...

I can't say I have anything but respect for the man.

And a real (and the last) true gentleman driver at that.........

(Yes, I am a fan)
Quote from 5th Earth :I would particularly like to direct people to photo a6 in Hyperactive's post. Most people don't really understand Chicago--it goes around the left side of the tire wall and has short left turns on the entrance and exit. I've got a better picture of it here--shows the Gambon side of the track as well, but no Hammerhead (fortunately Hyperactive has another pic that shows Hammerhead quite clearly)

It's really a shame that the autocross areas we have are so small.

I spent quite a bit of time on recreating the top gear track and making many other autocross layouts and I can safely say there is no way to make the kind of corner shown in that photo in LFS at the moment.

There just isn't room to take a 120 degree corner off a straight, onto another straight.

I'm seriously thinking of going back and having a go at adding the hammerhead corner in, however. A shame 'chicago' can't be represented but maybe something can be done to give a bit of the feel anyway.

Anyhow .. back to work
Quote from Becky Rose :He turned up at my local outdoor kart track one day and smashed the lap record for rental karts, and I have to say that time was fast. It took the local club drivers 6 months or so to break it whilst on a dedicated lap record hunt. You might think he's crap, but he is the one that beat Michael Schumacher whilst driving a totally inferior Williams...

I can't say I have anything but respect for the man.

I'm actually a huge fan of Hill and think he was better than many gave him credit for, but I'm surprised to hear that he smashed a kart record, as he didn't start his motorsport career in karts. I guess if your'e naturally fast, you're naturally fast.

He's never really been interested in seriously competing in motorsport since F1, only really doing demonstration runs, tests, etc. If he agreed to come back to set a serious Top Gear lap, he'd probably be much quicker, setting a time similar to Mansell (who'd try and win at anything he does!).

Also, during the years he was up against Schumacher, I wouldn't have classed the Williams as 'totally inferior'. The '94 Williams had it's difficulties with a return to passive suspension, and some (including Senna) believe the Benetton wasn't strictly legal, but by the end of '94 they were very even. By '95 Benetton had the Renault, but it was still quite even. If anything, Williams was slightly faster over a lap but was often less reliable.

PS, found this looking for Top gear tracks....
arial veiw of topgear track
how many people are going to post the same images over and over again? it's already been said that lfs doesn't have an autocross track big enough to make the top gear track.

oh, and...
Come On Guys
it's maybe possible to resize Track ? The community have Expert ! let's go

i want this Layout so much

good luck to all Layout Creator for this challenge
Quote from Virtualmanu :it's maybe possible to resize Track ? The community have Expert ! let's go

i want this Layout so much

good luck to all Layout Creator for this challenge

You are demo so you don't have the rights to use layouts.
Quote from G!NhO :You are demo so you don't have the rights to use layouts.

not even on BL3 even though TG won't fit on Bl3
My first layout of Top Gear

Top Gear Test Course (Req.)
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG