The online racing simulator
Top Gear Test Course (Req.)
(60 posts, started )
Quote from Hyperactive :To see some real pics from the track, check this video of one topgear episode: LINK REMOVED

From there, download the video "zonda versus lambo", even though it is a big one, it has some good angles. Would have pasted some screenies, but no idea how to take screenshots from movie...

apparently, if you open and play two windows media player windows at once, you can copy and paste off the 2nd window!
I accidentally found the pics (damn VLC hid those by putting them in my "my pictures" folder. Yeah, lol. Who uses that folder anyway...). Too bad they aren't too big and VLC doesn't allow me to change this...

Here the piccies, maybe I'll put explanations to them tomorrow. Hammerhead from helicopter and some interesting angles from other corners too. Not too specific though

These are from the topgear video, where there was the zonda versus lambo battle. I removed the link because there seemed to be some warez related banners and stuff there...
Attached images
a1.png
a2.png
a3.png
a4.png
a5.png
a6.png
a7.png
nice work, in finding those piccies.

makes trying to re-create the track sooooo much harder now.. as folk now have more an expectation.

i did say that i want to revise mine version, so i best get to it.

I would particularly like to direct people to photo a6 in Hyperactive's post. Most people don't really understand Chicago--it goes around the left side of the tire wall and has short left turns on the entrance and exit. I've got a better picture of it here--shows the Gambon side of the track as well, but no Hammerhead (fortunately Hyperactive has another pic that shows Hammerhead quite clearly)
Attached images
image1795.jpg
#30 - axus
Let me see if I understand this correctly. So the top gear test track looks something like this?
Attached images
TGtesttrack.jpg
yep
In season one at least they had a little picture of the track as the stig drove around it. Here is a screen capture of one, not that great quality, but clearly shows what the track looks like.
Attached images
top gear track2.bmp
Now dudes is the Top Gear track here yes or no?
And is somebody making it?
mods
r there any mods for lfs
hmm,
if i remember correctly devs said that they want some real track in LFS but don't want to pay for license(lfs reality test). Maybe in this case there will be some easy out.
We have real car, so now maybe is time for real track.
Quote from scott_caz :r there any mods for lfs

yes, but we only tell people who have the game more than 1 year.

That'll get some conspiracy theories going too
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I was wondering how you managed to get NOS and all that pimpin' ICE gear and those crazy spinner rims!

Flamesuite ready?
He knows - he was replying to me.
Quote :http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=185949

I checked out that site: some good stuff, but I like mine. It's way too tight, due to space constraints, but the angles and curves are right. I watched season 1 episode 1 where the introduced it, and sketched out the track on a map a made from Google and the TG site. Think of this as the accurate scale model - the autocross version of the track. It needs tweeking, but I think it's getting there...
Attached files
AU1_Top Gear.lyt - 2 KB - 840 views
Ok, I had a go at recreating the Top Gear track too...

Here's the result:
-
(Ill_eagle94) DELETED by Ill_eagle94
Here's a link to the track right on Top Gears' webpage.
Attached images
top_gear_track.gif
that is not very accurate that map.
Quote :even if he [Damon Hill] is a crap F1 driver

He turned up at my local outdoor kart track one day and smashed the lap record for rental karts, and I have to say that time was fast. It took the local club drivers 6 months or so to break it whilst on a dedicated lap record hunt. You might think he's crap, but he is the one that beat Michael Schumacher whilst driving a totally inferior Williams...

I can't say I have anything but respect for the man.
Any comments to my layout?
Is anyone going to make it or are we all just going to talk about how we could make it !!!
There are at least 2 (in words: TWO) layouts in this thread, why don't you try them out? I am waiting for comments on mine since I posted it here, but no one seems to notice it, I guess I was too late...

Top Gear Test Course (Req.)
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG