The online racing simulator
More Violence?
(27 posts, started )
More Violence?
Yes it's me again with the damage/collision suggestion

Anyways I was thinking about blowing a tire and noticed that in LFS the tires blowouts lack a lot of punch.

There's no sound or anything, your car just goes flat and you can't turn (or spin out if you blow a rear tire).

Of course not every situation calls for a violent blow out. However, it would be nice if blowouts were more dramatic when the situation calls for it. Also, to have much more tire smoke and cosmetic damage to accompany that blow out would also be cool as well.

Regarding car to car contact (or contact in general). I recently spun out in a practice hotlap and went straight into the wall. I've noticed that the contact also lack a lot of luster. It's just a "kirp" sound. Which is fine if your impact speed is 10 mph. But not when it's 50+ mph imo. A loud crunching/smashing noise would be nice to come with your car being totaled
+1 to more violence. Let's add rocket launchers, too.

No wait, scratch that. Red-white barrier launchers would be far more effective!
Quote from AndroidXP :+1 to more violence. Let's add rocket launchers, too.

No wait, scratch that. Red-white barrier launchers would be far more effective!

Would adding effects be too much to ask? At this point I dont even care if the effects are canned or dynamic.

Of course various improvements like a better aero model or barriers would be much more important and I am not one of those people who feel that graphics and effects are everything.

But at the same time, effect's aren't necessarily immaterial or irrelevant. I want a good realistic and dynamic settings, handlings and condition but eventually I would expect the graphics to reflect that as well. Instead of it being completely absent.
I didn't actually mock your suggestion, just the thread title
+1 from me, but I doubt we will see anything like that anytime soon. Not so much the tyre blowouts, but the sounds when you slam into a wall or a barrier could use improving
The whole soundscape in LFS needs work, a lot of it. The sounds are a big part of immersion and most of them are missing in LFS and big part of the sounds that we have are quite basic.
Doesn't need flying objects particularly, but I'd like the car to 'dig in' a bit more when you hit a wall.

Hit a wall in LFS and you just scrape down the side and carry on. Hit a wall (especially one of tyres) in real life, and the wall will grab the car and spin it round, ending your race.

And yes, brake and suspension sounds would go a long way to improving the immersion.
There is NOTHING soft in LFS. Like everything :P
Quote from lizardfolk :Yes it's me again with the damage/collision suggestion

Anyways I was thinking about blowing a tire and noticed that in LFS the tires blowouts lack a lot of punch.

There's no sound or anything, your car just goes flat and you can't turn (or spin out if you blow a rear tire).

Of course not every situation calls for a violent blow out. However, it would be nice if blowouts were more dramatic when the situation calls for it. Also, to have much more tire smoke and cosmetic damage to accompany that blow out would also be cool as well.

Regarding car to car contact (or contact in general). I recently spun out in a practice hotlap and went straight into the wall. I've noticed that the contact also lack a lot of luster. It's just a "kirp" sound. Which is fine if your impact speed is 10 mph. But not when it's 50+ mph imo. A loud crunching/smashing noise would be nice to come with your car being totaled

I really do agree with the sound effect additions. Seems like they would be simple enough to add in? These suggestions have no effect on the immersion of competitve gameplay though, so prioritizing them over things that could effect the competition of racing would be unlikely (like suspension or brake sounds). But, it would definitely make certain aspects of this game better.
If you want more viloence - post a link to LFS cracked version and enjoy the mob violence.
Quote from The Very End :If you want more viloence - post a link to LFS cracked version and enjoy the mob violence.

Now that's I call a development
we need new engine sounds too!
Quote from The Very End :If you want more viloence - post a link to LFS cracked version and enjoy the mob violence.

lol wehre do i find crack 4 lfs??????? link plz
Mininova + search value =
Ban?
Quote from geeman1 :Ban?

Eh come on, everybody knows about sites like thepiratebay and mininova. Piracy supporting companies like MPAA and RIAA advertise them in newspapers quite a lot
Quote from geeman1 :Ban?

Just because I don't really give a damn. I enjoy the game and supports it, but as long people won't be able to play with me online with a non-official-approved version I won't care. Shuting the eyes and refuse to belive is arrogant, if it's possible - they will.
Now, infraction will head my way, but point here is.. well there is no point, I just like you upset you other people for entertainment.
everyone knows about pirating....
Quote from Shadowww :Eh come on, everybody knows about sites like thepiratebay and mininova. Piracy supporting companies like MPAA and RIAA advertise them in newspapers quite a lot

Why so serious? If I was serious I would have just clicked the report button instead.
Please don't feel offended, I love you guys too
I agree the sounds in lfs should be better, but tire blowouts are actually rather dull to hear. just a boring popping sound and that's it. Pressure in car tires are low about 2.0 to 2.8 bars depending on car weight. On cars a tyre blowout is usually not that violent(but can be very dangerous irl).
I don't what it's like for racing cars but I had a tire blow once. I didn't even know until the back end started to go in the corners.

More Violence?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG