The online racing simulator
No textures on car Bug
(21 posts, started )
No textures on car Bug
It's because you were cruising. Cruise layout (it's objects) took up all available VideoRAM.
@Shadowww thats completly WRONG! ive was racing yesterday on a full server with all 32 cars on start grid and the same happend to me.. wihout a layout...
PS:
My spec:
Intel Core2Duo E8400 3,0Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM (1033Mhz- Dual Channel)
Nvidia 9800GTX - 1GB DDR3 RAM
MSI P35 Neo2 motherboard 1333FSB
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Grinch :@Shadowww thats completly WRONG! ive was racing yesterday on a full server with all 32 cars on start grid and the same happend to me.. wihout a layout...
PS:
My spec:
Intel Core2Duo E8400 3,0Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM (1033Mhz- Dual Channel)
Nvidia 9800GTX - 1GB DDR3 RAM
MSI P35 Neo2 motherboard 1333FSB

So the rest of the cars took all your video ram...?
I dont think so xD im 100000% sure that ive got 1GB of Video ram
and i dont think that lfs will take that all because ingame it only says it neds 60,xmb of video memory. mh confusing
thats because the game load that file only when you are stoped or spectating. This "bug" appears mostly in cruise because you see a lot of diferent cars, and when you entered the server probably some model weren't in use (LX is not the most used car in cruise)
Hmmm.. strange that some object eats 898mb of video ram lol.
That happened to me a long time ago (two years ago and + )that bug where the car would load with no textures.

It hasn't necessarily been on cruise tracks but I did notice it then quite a lot more often than otherwise I will admit.

I couldn't get it to force load them either, I went in to pits and when I loaded the car in my pit garage it would remain textureless.

Eventually though something happened and they appeared but I don't remember what it was that would make them reappear.
#9 - VoiD
Not realy Z15 related, I´ve noticed this on Z10 too...

Happens from time to time. Even though it´s a team-skin (1024*1024 or 2048*2048) stored in \skins...

Edit:

Oups, sorry wrong thread..thought it was testpatch... anyway, it still stands.
This "bug" is in LFS since Y22 I think.
i havent noticed it, but i also havent raced online...or cruised...or drifted

sorry XCNUSE :X
To add to this bug, it happened to me again today at LR Racing server.

~30 cars on track, all XFGs and XRGs, one guy came out in an RB4 and there were no textures loaded on it.

At end of race I went in to pits and changed car to RB4 and they loaded, left pits again in GTi and the other guy's RB4 had loaded textures.

@logitek, if you don't have anything to add to the bug details wise, do not post please.
These threads are meant to give insight as to what could be causing them, not if you're having the issue or not.
This is a bug? I thought it's the same as with skins. LFS won't load the textures because of not bothering your computer while racing. If you jump to the garage'n'out or just reset your car, the textures will load, at least this works for me.
Quote from Drift King CZ :This is a bug? I thought it's the same as with skins. LFS won't load the textures because of not bothering your computer while racing. If you jump to the garage'n'out or just reset your car, the textures will load, at least this works for me.

Same here
Quote from Drift King CZ :This is a bug? I thought it's the same as with skins. LFS won't load the textures because of not bothering your computer while racing. If you jump to the garage'n'out or just reset your car, the textures will load, at least this works for me.

If something doesn't appear the first time around, yes it's a bug.

Just because you can solve it doesn't mean its not an issue, if you can solve something, then there is a problem at hand.

Next time this happens someone try and save a replay, and see if anyone can get it to recreate itself, that's the problem with this bug I don't think it is easy to recreate
It havnt happened to me yet, and i kinda dont think that its video mempory related problem. More like a ingame failure. Not sure
Quote from XCNuse :Next time this happens someone try and save a replay, and see if anyone can get it to recreate itself, that's the problem with this bug I don't think it is easy to recreate

not sure if that will work, as LFS downloads the skins for you when you load the replay.
Quote from bunder9999 :not sure if that will work, as LFS downloads the skins for you when you load the replay.

I figured that case may prevent it from happening, but since it happens when someone leaves the pit area with a car that no one else has on track... who knows, by some shot in the dark that may be able to repeat itself...

worth the shot at least
It's to prevent lag from loading a car's textures into memory so LFS (trys) to wait into a spot where it's not a risk of a framerate drop. Scawen has said this somewhere before and it only happens (at least in my experience) in those sorts of situations.
Its happend with me too!
4870 1GB
quad 9550
3gb ram
Quote from Gegry1992 :Its happend with me too!
4870 1GB
quad 9550
3gb ram

Well, all you´ve got to know about it is in the post above yours.

Quote :It's to prevent lag from loading a car's textures into memory so LFS (trys) to wait into a spot where it's not a risk of a framerate drop. Scawen has said this somewhere before and it only happens (at least in my experience) in those sorts of situations.

No textures on car Bug
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG