The online racing simulator
Fictional track ad textures
(17 posts, started )
Fictional track ad textures by D2007 and nikopdr

As I´m a big fan of fictional brands in LFS, I thought that as there aren´t any packs around that only include fictional brands, I could make my own textures. And as I couldn´t do it alone, I asked Niko if he could help me, and luckily he did. We plan to do them for all of LFS´s tracks.

EDIT - 07/12/2009: Westhill textures updated

We hope you like them. Comments and suggestions how to improve them are welcome.
Attached images
lfs_00000013.jpg
Attached files
WE_adtex_v2.0.rar - 776.4 KB - 140 views
u forgot durex!
oh bugger
Nice work D and Niko!
Quote from MAGGOT :Nice work D and Niko!

Always nice to hear from you Ryan, and even nicer to see you works. Thanks!
Nice job both
Nice one guys
If you ask yourself why it´s taking 2 weeks to make no progress, well, it´s because lost all files I made. Niko has made a new dirtlayer now, a much better looking, much higher quality one, so I will start again and release stuff asap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a little preview of one of the new textures for South City

high-res picture attached
Attached images
lfs_00000002 (3).jpg
Lookin good! At first I was going to say I think the white is a little too bright, but on second thought I think it looks about right.
Quote from MAGGOT :Lookin good! At first I was going to say I think the white is a little too bright, but on second thought I think it looks about right.

I also thought that it might be a bit bright, so I asked Niko if he could dim it, the middle part of the dirt layer, down abit. I think it looks better now, or?
Attached images
lfs_00000004.jpg
Tough to say on cloudy conditions; got a shot in clear day or cloudy sunset? (the latter is just prettier )

[edit] The dirt layer isn't tiling well, you can see the edges of the texture where it gets repeated. Not an issue if there is a crease line there, but it looks like you have your crease lines in the centre of the texture. I'd recommend either moving the crease lines to the edges of the texture to hide the tiling, or fix up the dirt layer to make it tile better. Option one is much easier, and the way most textures are done.
Well, here is a screenshot with clear day (or afternoon?)as weather of how they look now, with still the same texture as in the previous picture. It looks very nice in my opinion, not to bright or something, except for the things you mentioned Maggot. Maybe there should be such a line on the left and right too, like on some of the default LFS textures.
Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
I think that's a good balance, looks nice.
The Westhill textures have been updated. A Preview and the textures are in the first post now.
how are the other textures you're working on? I'm starting to like this!
Quote from Senninha25 :how are the other textures you're working on? I'm starting to like this!

Uhm, it´s not really progressing that much at the moment. I´m somehow more into skinning right now, so I don´t really spend much time on this project. I also somehow fear some changes of texture names or stuff in a patch that might come up, I mean there have been so many in the past that have been released at about the time christmas is on. I will see what I can do.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG