The online racing simulator
How can i spot a cheater
(42 posts, started )
Quote from MadCatX :The best thing about LFS is that either you can drive, you are an obvious cheater very and thus very easy to discover. If someone was driving with "impossible" consistency, he was just pretty skilled, that's all. There are no "breakhakz" or "steerbots" in LFS. Creating some would be quite tough task to do and I can't see any point in spedning few months trying so. What fun would it be watching some bot winning the races for you?

In my early days I was frequently suspicious about ppl who raced and talked with long messages at the same time
its pretty obvious i am not cheating, i lose almost every race, and i always crash into people when typing, and often get distracted by the chat and crash

Quote from logitekg25 :its pretty obvious i am not cheating, i lose almost every race, and i always crash into people when typing, and often get distracted by the chat and crash

You could try pressing -
naa, cause i chat it up anyways
The logitech profiler is useless, because the tires get warmer and the same input won't do the same thing every lap.
true

off topic, my profiler will only let my g25 go to 720, no matter what i do in the control panel or the profiler to any game or anything, any ideas
Quote from logitekg25 :true

off topic, my profiler will only let my g25 go to 720, no matter what i do in the control panel or the profiler to any game or anything, any ideas

I might suggest posting in the hardware section. That might work.
i just dont feel like starting another pointless thread
It is not pointless if it's legitimate.

Posting in an unrelated thread is more useless and shows a lack of respect to the forum.
im a cheater can u spot me?
Quote from KillaBOFC :I was just woundering I seen a player on my server hitting times that seam imposable to hit making Perfect laps with no screw ups...IM sorry i put in 2whole days doing the same track with every DL set up I could find and tweaked mine and COULD not drive perfect laps every time times would change each lap and would loose RPMs in corners....This person held same line never lost RPMs or gained RPMs you would have thought it was a AI computer car I found it odd so I thought id ask

What you describe there sounds like nothing more than skill, don't forget there are many that have been driving LFS for over half a decade and have put in many thousands of laps on some combo's. For example I spent the best part of two years driving the XFG around BL1 when I started out clocking up god knows how many laps.

At one point I could consistently do within 0.5 of a sec off the WR lap after lap like a robot for 20 laps straight or more with the majority of the times no more than a tenth appart, and I am not the only one there were others that could and still can do lap after lap at even closer to WR times. It's just a consequence of much practise and dedication to the sport we love

Two days is not much time to get any speed at all unless you are already a highly proficient driver. So don't feel like others have an unfair advantage because they have more than likely done many hundreds of hours more than you in LFS and possibly even on a particular combo!

It took me a month or more to start to get some consistency and at least six months to get to what I'd call fast. It's taken several years to achieve that across many different combos. So don't get disheartened when someone joins your server and seems impossibly fast, instead be friendly towards them and learn as much as you can! More importantly see it as a challenge and have fun, then one day I'm sure you will also have the funny experience of being accused of being a bot that never makes an error
Yes, at least with the cars I can drive (demo cars), it's not very difficult to be consistent.
Quote from KillaBOFC :I was just woundering I seen a player on my server hitting times that seam imposable to hit making Perfect laps with no screw ups...IM sorry i put in 2whole days doing the same track with every DL set up I could find and tweaked mine and COULD not drive perfect laps every time times would change each lap and would loose RPMs in corners....This person held same line never lost RPMs or gained RPMs you would have thought it was a AI computer car I found it odd so I thought id ask

There are a very few drivers out there who are very,very,very good. They do exactly that, lap near perfect every time again and again and usually such drivers also have setups which are useless to other drivers.

I did last week spot a driver who suddenly pull away as soon as he/she is not very near other cars but suddenly not so fast when close to other cars. Those are interesting to watch, because that might be very subtle cheating. But still be very careful before acusing someone...
Quote from Bluebird B B :I did last week spot a driver who suddenly pull away as soon as he/she is not very near other cars but suddenly not so fast when close to other cars.

Driving near others tends to make people drive slower. Atleast when the faster driver is behind or when both drivers are of similar speed. Both drivers have to pay attention to where the other is and try to prevent/get the pass.
Quote from geeman1 :Driving near others tends to make people drive slower. Atleast when the faster driver is behind or when both drivers are of similar speed. Both drivers have to pay attention to where the other is and try to prevent/get the pass.

yup, most of people make more mistakes under pressure - thats why you put someone under pressure Moreover, I usually drive faster behind someone just faster than I am following the racing line and better concentrating on line in distance.
Quote from geeman1 :Driving near others tends to make people drive slower. Atleast when the faster driver is behind or when both drivers are of similar speed. Both drivers have to pay attention to where the other is and try to prevent/get the pass.

duhhh...
sorry bit rude, i was talking about cars speeding away for a few corners like they are driving a faster car with 20% extra hp. Some races later, he catched up with me fast well i was consistently driving the fastest laps of all drivers on that server at that time. That is odd...

i didnt bother to save the replay though. But if someone is really cheating he will get caught, because it is so noticable if someone is suddenly doing impossible speeds or cornering.
Quote from zeugnimod :About how to spot a cheater. I thought it was pretty obvious.

why all the commotion then???

How can i spot a cheater
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG