The online racing simulator
DFGT noise removal
(3 posts, started )
DFGT noise removal
I'm really impressed by the noise reduction I achieved by just adding some grease to my DFGT inside cogs!! Wow! Sounds like a different wheel!!

It's a veeeeeery easy "mod", and everyone should take the time to do it.

Just unscrew the 8 small screws on the bottom (they're all the same size).
Take the two halves apart, removing the top one (the shifter comes out with it, the two big plastic "table-screws" remain with the bottom half).
Pay attention that the shifter springs don't come loose (they sit in the bottom half).
Remove the center metal bracing (4 screws).
This will unveal the "noisy" junction, between the big white cog and the little white cog (the one which makes the magneto spin).
Grease between them.
I have greased also the other moving parts. Just move the wheel to see where.
Re-mount the wheel, paying attention to make the cable sit firmly in its "path".

Sorry for the eventually weird technicalities, but I don't know how to better explain myself when it comes to this sort of things.

Here are pictures - not mine (december 2013 - link dead).
http://www.rocketpunchautoblog ... ech-driving-force-gt.html

I hope you used a non-corrosive type grease, because anything with a corrosive in it is going to eat the gears and turn them to mush.

I've seen people do this to other things before, and then one day the gears strip out, because they used automotive grade bearing grease.

Otherwhise, its a neat idea, but makes me wonder why they didn't put alot of grease in there to begin with. It might not be just because they where cheap with it.

DFGT noise removal
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG