The online racing simulator
Please read.
(24 posts, closed, started )
Please read.
Ok so, alot of people on here can't afford to buy a licence.
So their "Demo Users" and most of the "Licence Users" dont
help "Demo Users" i think its dumb.

I think every "Users" are the same.
They should be treated the same.
And should be able to get help or request anything,
like they want.

I got my opinions and
you got your opinions.
I respect your opinions.

Please post your opinions.

Thanks for your time,
Paige.
I think I agree with you but you can't change the way how people behave with one post.
Quote from Flame CZE :I think I agree with you but you can't change the way how people behave with one post.

Well, i know.
My point is to make "Licence Users" realise
that "Demo Users" are real people too.
The main reasons why demo users get a bad reputation is down to the fact that they are new to the community, not due to the fact that they are demo racers. It just happens that the two things (being new and being demo) are linked unavoidably. Some new members to the community come up with ridiculous and inappropriate requests, which annoys everyone especially when the same things have been discussed over and over in the last 6 years.

Trust me when I say that there are as many, if not more, completely moronic licenced users.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, this has also been discussed over and over and over in the last 6 years
^what he said + you're on the internets, it's serious business, you know..
Quote from Mp3 Astra :The main reasons why demo users get a bad reputation is down to the fact that they are new to the community, not due to the fact that they are demo racers. It just happens that the two things (being new and being demo) are linked unavoidably. Some new members to the community come up with ridiculous and inappropriate requests, which annoys everyone especially when the same things have been discussed over and over in the last 6 years.

Trust me when I say that there are as many, if not more, completely moronic licenced users.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, this has also been discussed over and over and over in the last 6 years

But look, there is many "Licenced Users"
out there that come up with ridiculous and
inappropriate requests.
So "Licenced" or not there humain being
so you guys should respect them for what
they are not what they resquest.
I think a good part of the problem resides in the fact that demo users are given much more in this game than it is the norm in other demos. Most demos are limited in some kind of way that will make it impossible to progress beyond a certain point, whether it be an amount of time or a specific moment in the game. The fact that you can keep playing LFS for as long as you like is, in itself, a good enough reason not to have to moan about getting more. Demo users should consider themselves lucky they can play with more than one car, and for more than a few mere days/hours.

Now, this is obviously not all demo users who complain, and again not all licensed players who bash on demo users. There's definitely a good amount of generalization in this issue, and well... that's what usually happens.

All in all, it goes both ways; demo users shouldn't demand anything, and licensed players shouldn't bash on demo users simply because they are demo users.

Personally, I've always thought the demo is way too generous, and should be more limited, either in time or content.

Quote :But look, there is many "Licenced Users"
out there that come up with ridiculous and
inappropriate requests.

Yes, but the fact that licensed users have actually paid for the game makes it more relevant for them to actually demand things. Of course it's not going to happen if it's a ridiculous or inappropriate request. All ideas are valid. A great idea posted by a demo user will get as much good reviews as if it was posted by a licensed player. It's just that you'll always get the immature response of some licensed players who will say: "what do you care, you don't have S2".

Definitely take those comments as what they are: immature and irrelevant. A great idea is a great idea. Furthermore, if a demo user has a good idea that eventually gets into the game, it will push him to buy the game even more.

Quote :So "Licenced" or not there humain being
so you guys should respect them for what
they are not what they resquest

Actually this is a flawed idea. You can't respect everybody simply for the fact they're a human being. Somebody who endlessly comes up with bad ideas and is annoying as hell doesn't get respect from most people. If somebody comes on this forum and posts only inappropriate comments and is an ass to everybody, should we all respect him for the simple fact that he's of the same species as us? I think not. Respect is acquired and granted.
Quote from boosterfire :I think a good part of the problem resides in the fact that demo users are given much more in this game than it is the norm in other demos. Most demos are limited in some kind of way that will make it impossible to progress beyond a certain point, whether it be an amount of time or a specific moment in the game. The fact that you can keep playing LFS for as long as you like is, in itself, a good enough reason not to have to moan about getting more. Demo users should consider themselves lucky they can play with more than one car, and for more than a few mere days/hours.

Now, this is obviously not all demo users who complain, and again not all licensed players who bash on demo users. There's definitely a good amount of generalization in this issue, and well... that's what usually happens.

All in all, it goes both ways; demo users shouldn't demand anything, and licensed players shouldn't bash on demo users simply because they are demo users.

Personally, I've always thought the demo is way too generous, and should be more limited, either in time or content.

You have a good point.
But we should be able to request (Cars, setups, etc.)
Like not beg to get a licence.
Quote from ThinkPink :You have a good point.
But we should be able to request (Cars, setups, etc.)
Like not beg to get a licence.

Depends if you mean those things to be included in the licensed version of the game or in the demo. A demo user requesting in any kind of way more content that requires development (like a new car, whereas a setup would be development-free content) is out of his place, as he is not paying for the said development.

If LFS was an open source project, then it would not be a problem, but it is not, and people are living off of it. For them to make a living out of this thing requires people who get new content to pay for it, or at the very least to have paid for future updates in the past.
Quote from boosterfire :Depends if you mean those things to be included in the licensed version of the game or in the demo. A demo user requesting in any kind of way more content that requires development (like a new car, whereas a setup would be development-free content) is out of his place, as he is not paying for the said development.

If LFS was an open source project, then it would not be a problem, but it is not, and people are living off of it. For them to make a living out of this thing requires people who get new content to pay for it, or at the very least to have paid for future updates in the past.

I mean like they should be able to request a skin for XRG,XFG and FBM.
Those are the only cars we can use.
At the end of the day, this is a community forum based around a computer game. It's not important or anything to take seriously

So, I just say: roll with the punches and perhaps think for a few seconds before you type, and things will be fine.

Getting all emo about who said what to you on the internet is all a bit silly when you think about it for a while.
Are there actually any cases where a demo user has asked a question/made a request in a proper way (polite and well-written) where he hasn't been helped?

Sure, some morons think they have to insult/make fun of them but there are usually just as many people who try to help.
Quote from zeugnimod :Are there actually any cases where a demo user has asked a question/made a request in a proper way (polite and well-written) where he hasn't been helped?

Sure, some morons think they have to insult/make fun of them but there are usually just as many people who try to help.

Ive just asked for a ThinkPink request and ive been ignored..
And ive seen alot of "Demo Users" that did request and got
rejected.
Now you're just being stupid. No online miles and an account created today. Go troll somewhere.
Quote from ThinkPink :Ive just asked for a ThinkPink request and ive been ignored..
rejected.

Only 1 hour and no reply, that's normal.
Quote from ThinkPink :Ive just asked for a ThinkPink request and ive been ignored..
rejected.

You started the thread NINETY MINUTES AGO.

And please show some links to proof it. And not "Make me skin fast!" threads.
:spam:
You know that,don't you?
Quote from ThinkPink :
I think every "Users" are the same.

Of course we are.
But don´t waste your time in demo. Much more fun in S2.
Demo users do mostly get treated the same as licensed users.

Make stupid posts and you get treated like an idiot, make good posts you get treated good. It doesn't really matter what it says under your username.
My time here has been great, I feel as though I have been treated like any member would...

I have said before that the reason I have never gone and bought a license is because I am off to the RAF in January and dont see too much point having a licence for me to never use it, 8-10 months o the year

Yea I joined in Feb09 but I used a keyboard and couldnt really enjoy it with a keyboard, I have a gamepad now but its not the same as a wheel, and again never bought a wheel for the same reasons as the license...

Since when were demo users able to use skins ?

I always thought only licenced drivers were able to use custom skins

Anyway R. Kolz gave you a big clue
Quote from CELTIC100 :Since when were demo users able to use skins ?

They can't. They can now download skins form LFSWorld, but they can't uplaod themselves.
#24 - SamH
I've closed this thread. ThinkPink, only one account per user is permitted on this forum. We don't do the anon-cloak/dagger thing here. You have another username, please use it.
This thread is closed

Please read.
(24 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG