The online racing simulator
Goldie - Sine Tempus Album - Track 12 "Invisible"
The Dead Weather - Treat Me Like Your Mother
Armin van Buuren feat. Van Velzen - Broken Tonight
Well my hearing has almost returned from the concert I went to at the weekend, here's what I thought of the bands:

Canterbury: In my view they just aren't ready for the big stage, they've got a "posh geek" image problem and don't yet know how to play an audience. Their music however is pretty good for a electro-pop/rock fusion and I enjoyed their set.

Cancer Bats: Polished and seasoned performers with ample stage presence, musically somewhere between Aamon Amarth and Children of Bodom. My partner particularly enjoyed them and wants to see them again when they next headline a gig but for me it just didn't quite click, i'd rather see Bodom.

Billy Talent: Simply awesome punk/metal, brilliantly and professionally performed and a slick performance. Whilst not the most audacious stage performers they where solid, and their set was simply brilliant, it might also appeal to fans of indi and alternative genres. Their set plan was brilliant for fans, with their hit "Fallen Leaves" repeated in the encore when the crowd called for 1 more, followed by the suprise unfurling of a gigantic red flag for their earlier hit "Red Flag".

In all, the best concert I have ever seen, thanks in large part to Billy Talent who I heartily recommend.

Also for fans of alternative metal the latest Genitorturers album Blackheart Revolution is out today in the US, but us UK folk can't get it just yet (officially or by other meens) so i've not yet heard it, early reviews seem good though so fans might want to check that out.
Lusine - Two Dots
[etals:]:heartbeat
Wait.. now there is something strange here.. Well I guess I never know what..

Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers
Quote from The Very End :Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers

If I was to pick one Iron Maiden song i'd be torn between "Run to the Hills" and "The Clansman", both are on the Ed Hunter album (and other albums seperately).
Quote from Becky Rose :If I was to pick one Iron Maiden song i'd be torn between "Run to the Hills" and "The Clansman", both are on the Ed Hunter album (and other albums seperately).

Run To The Hills is nice, but I prefer the Clansman more. I just loves the chorus and the way the song builds up.

The songs Ghost Of The Navigator, Dance Of The Death, Brave New World, Rainmaker are just few of the songs that truelly are epic from Iron Maiden.
Quote from The Very End :Run To The Hills is nice, but I prefer the Clansman more. I just loves the chorus and the way the song builds up.

The songs Ghost Of The Navigator, Dance Of The Death, Brave New World, Rainmaker are just few of the songs that truelly are epic from Iron Maiden.

I fully agree with that. (Didn't listen to the Dance of the death album much, but still the other songs have true Maiden epicness laying in them)

Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy

Not as epic as Maiden, but still a fun song.
Quote from Victor :Lusine - Two Dots
[etals:]:heartbeat

What the douce?

Did Victor's acc got hacked?

Anyways.

Nero - Act like you know.

Telling you guys, this Nero duet has got me addicted
haha, no it's me
I've always had a different taste and I've been looking for a long time for something that catches me again and this totally does.
I can understand a lot of people will frown upon hearing it though, but to me it's brilliant. And to be honest the first time I heard it I skipped though that one. But it grew on me later on. The best songs are like that.
One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose.

Them Crooked Vultures - Mind Eraser, No Chaser

Free single off iTunes, its like the best bits of Foo Fighters and QOTSA mashed together, with that old bloke from Led Zeppelin.
minilogue - the leopard (extrawelt remix)
It seems i'm the only one mostly listening to "commercial" music, where are you finding those singers/bands?

Anyway

Madona - Justify my love
I have seen this thread floating around for a very long time and I can't take it anymore. I have my noise canceling headphones on and it is dead silent! Don't kill me
Quote from Victor :haha, no it's me
I've always had a different taste and I've been looking for a long time for something that catches me again and this totally does.
I can understand a lot of people will frown upon hearing it though, but to me it's brilliant. And to be honest the first time I heard it I skipped though that one. But it grew on me later on. The best songs are like that.

I agree with that. A lot of the songs I did not listen on some years back in time, I'm now frequently listening to. Guess the music taste of a person grows as the person grows

Immortal - Norden On Fire
Quote from Boris Lozac :It seems i'm the only one mostly listening to "commercial" music, where are you finding those singers/bands?

Mostly youtube.

At least for me.
Quote from Boris Lozac :It seems i'm the only one mostly listening to "commercial" music, where are you finding those singers/bands?

I think everyone hears of new bands, the trick is to invetigate them when you hear about them. If I hear a song I like i'll get an album - and if I like the album i'll get more albums. Sure I ocassionally get an album that I turn out not to like, but oddly as the years have gone by my tastes evolve and many of the albums I didnt like at first I now listen too, or went through a phase when I did. I don't know if i'll ever like those 4 Walls of Jericho albums I got, but aside from this exception the strategy seems to have worked .

Mostly I just keep an eye out for new bands, on internet radio stations, iTunes genius suggestions, and sharing you tube videos with friends who are also into the same genre's of music as me.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to include a song recommendation....

From their rock opera "Elodia" this is Lacrimosa's Alleine zu Zweit. This is the best song of the opera by far, for non-German speakers the song basically tells a story of a couple who have loved for many years and are ailing in their love, but it ends in the spirit of the singer wanting to reignite the spark of their love. It's sort of "sad but hopefull".
X-Press - Lazy
Quote from Becky Rose :EDIT: Oh and I forgot to include a song recommendation....

From their rock opera "Elodia" this is Lacrimosa's Alleine zu Zweit. This is the best song of the opera by far, for non-German speakers the song basically tells a story of a couple who have loved for many years and are ailing in their love, but it ends in the spirit of the singer wanting to reignite the spark of their love. It's sort of "sad but hopefull".

Tanz! Mein leben Tanz!, great song.
Billy Talent - Devil On My Shoulder
Moby - Natural Blues
This thread is closed

The what music are you listening to now thread
(16853 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG