The online racing simulator
I have problem with my Logitech MOMO Racing wheel
Hello guys,

I have problem with my quite new(about half year old) steering wheel. I will try to explain situation.

I have discovered that when I simply turning too fast to one or other side my wheel sticks at that position and after that my wheel is being sticked in 15-45 degrees, but car move straightly. For example, if my wheel is turned to the right about 45 degree, and I suddently turning hard into left corner it gets into normal center position... How does it happens ? Where is a problem of that? If I drive quite softly it's getting out of the centre maybe few degrees. But it's not good... Maybe it's a problem with a FFB? What should I do? Help.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to advices, notes and etc.
This seems like a problem I have with my Logitech wheel.

Part of the potentiometer which is supposed to be held securely in place usually has about 3mm of "play", which causes the wheel to have a couple degrees of movement near the center that do not affect game input. Hope I helped
I have same problem since im using no FFB, im using the "Boring" setting. The way to get rid of it is enabling FFB, and make strength pretty weak. You could try to use no FFB and tweak around with Logitech profiler settings, but i doubt that...
I have the Momo doing weird stuff too sometimes, I reconnect the USB and must alt+tab LFS 2 times to get the wheel working correctly.
Centering problems, right? Try using this little ''MOMORacingFixCenter'' program:

Download - http://www.2shared.com/file/87 ... /MOMORacingFixCenter.html
Check ''Run automatically at startup'' and click Enable.

It makes new registry entry with little file for centering fix. Should be +/- okay.

Let me know how it's goes after that.
Oh, thanks so much guys for giving a feedback. Especially thanks to PionnerLV for a program. I have checked "run automatically at startup' then pressed enable and closed program. Let's see how it'll get working.
Quote from Ricerguy :This seems like a problem I have with my Logitech wheel.

Part of the potentiometer which is supposed to be held securely in place usually has about 3mm of "play", which causes the wheel to have a couple degrees of movement near the center that do not affect game input. Hope I helped

Yeah, my first thought was about potentiometer.
Potentiometers is the main problem for Logitech Momo's pedals. They always goes off so then the data about moving pedals are incorrect and then you can see how pedal bars are shaking in LFS, even if they are pushed for a little bit and are not moving.
Quote from PioneerLv :Potentiometers is the main problem for Logitech Momo's pedals. They always goes off so then the data about moving pedals are incorrect and then you can see how pedal bars are shaking in LFS, even if they are pushed for a little bit and are not moving.

Hey, I noticed that when I turn this program my wheel recalibrates and acts like a mad. I trying to push pedals and lock wheel to both sides to get normal at is always get after this movement. But It doesn't get normal. Then I reconnect wheel and then he calibrates normally.
I got the same thing, but that's okay. Disconnect wheel, turn off your PC, then turn ON and when Windows is ready connect your Momo to your PC (via USB of course )

After that try out your wheel in LFS.
Quote from PioneerLv :I got the same thing, but that's okay. Disconnect wheel, turn off your PC, then turn ON and when Windows is ready connect your Momo to your PC (via USB of course )

After that try out your wheel in LFS.

Oh thanks for note. I'll try this. Today about several hours ago I just reinstalled my wheel drivers and it seems good. If it get worse. I'll try your method.
Ok, I tested and it's working
Great to hear that, I hope anything will be okay. Glad to help you.
off topic
sorry to post here but i am brand new to lfs and don't see where i can start a new thread.

sooo, my momo problem isn't a momo problem i don't think. i think it is a lfs problem.

i began my set up and every thing went fine UNTIL i i traid to drive.l after a little fiddling i was able to get the wheel working ok, the brakes apparantly ok and the throttle ok.

but-- no shifting, not as auto,or anything else. i selected sequential which it is but my car just sits there revving.

any help will be appreciated as there doesn't seem to be human to speak with. (i-racing has live assstance and it is invaluable).

help please.
Hm.. Ufortunately, PioneerLV, ur program doesn't help me My wheel still gets out of the centre when I turn suddently. I think it's something with electronics, maybe with potentiometers.... When I drive softly and calm it's ok...
Quote from seniecka :Hm.. Ufortunately, PioneerLV, ur program doesn't help me My wheel still gets out of the centre when I turn suddently. I think it's something with electronics, maybe with potentiometers.... When I drive softly and calm it's ok...

Sorry to say but that momo is done. I had the exact same problem with my last wheel, I tried _everything_ and nothing helped. I think it's because it is so worn in the inside that it misses some signals when turning the wheel quickly. All you can do is get a new wheel, that helped me
Quote from seniecka :Hm.. Ufortunately, PioneerLV, ur program doesn't help me My wheel still gets out of the centre when I turn suddently. I think it's something with electronics, maybe with potentiometers.... When I drive softly and calm it's ok...

That's not good. I really hoped that program could help you. Listen, maybe you wheel is a little dirty inside? If yes, and you are out of warranty, then open it up and check the electric motor, check the little cogwheel, it is place where sits down potentiometer. If it is dirty, then make it totally clean.
Hm... I still have a warranty. I think i'm going to open my wheel and review it. Maybe there is any possibility to change potentiometer? Can you please show me location of the potentiometer by showing it in picture? Thanks.

I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=resL7tu4BQ0 maybe in this video we are able to see potentiometer? If yes, say period of time where it's being showed.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Sorry to say but that momo is done. I had the exact same problem with my last wheel, I tried _everything_ and nothing helped. I think it's because it is so worn in the inside that it misses some signals when turning the wheel quickly. All you can do is get a new wheel, that helped me

Hm... but what's the point of that? I have driven about half year with my MOMO and another one wouldn't keep on more than half year...

Yes main problem of MOMO is - quality. It's being made in bad shape. Struggling pedals and problems with a FFB and also with potentiometers... I thought that durability of this wheel will satisfy me, but i was wrong. I have read that guy have been racing with MOMO even 6 years and it's still going well...
Quote from seniecka :Hm... but what's the point of that? I have driven about half year with my MOMO and another one wouldn't keep on more than half year...

Pretty sure he didn't mean another MOMO, get a proper wheel dammit
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Quote from PioneerLv :Why? It's the 3rd year of using(often) my Momo. It's really ok.

I just don't understand how it's possible.... Now I just wondering what to do...
Ups, sorry, deleted my reply.
Yes, it really works.

So, here is the potentiometer location:
(pictures in attachment)
Attached images
momo_potentiometer.jpg
momo_data_read.jpg
Quote from PioneerLv :Ups, sorry, deleted my reply.
Yes, it really works.

So, here is the potentiometer location:
(pictures in attachment)

Oh dear... it seems that my wheel has problem of electronics... It's kind a good, because of electronic problems i don't loose warranty. Warranty being lost due to mechanical problems(breaks and etc.) But the shop where I bought this wheel has felt bankruptcy due to economical crisis... So I thinking does my warranty still available if it does, so where I should take my wheel...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG