The online racing simulator
F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose : I gather they're going try to do park & ride

Fixed. Leicestershire counsel really don't want to get involved really I think. The project isn't even finnished, the contractors working on the track aren't even getting paid because Gillet has gotten into a DEEP hole. The GP will probably go to Silverstone for next year and Donington won't get the money from 2010 forcing the project to a stand still.
Its not going to happen, Donnington had until midday today to get the money together, which is near impossible, and we haven't heard any news.
Gillet tried to do a Niki Lauda and loan out shitloads of cash in the hope he could complete an objective to pay it back off, but Niki was lucky enough to actually be a good F1 driver! :P
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/1 ... lett_finds_the_money.html

If true

Some much need investment in the UK!!!!!

Also in other news the BBC is downgrading a lot of the freeview coverage as well

Quote :Saturday 31
Formula 1, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 0955-1105 Live coverage of Third Practice
1210-1410 Live coverage of Qualifying, with choice of commentaries. (Not available on Freeview)

Sunday 1
Formula 1, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
1210-1515 Live race coverage, including On-Board Camera. commentary options, rolling highlights (Not available on Freeview)
1515-1615 Post-race Interactive Forum (Not available on Freeview)

Quote from 5haz :I'm pleasantly suprised.

Thats the good thing about pesimism, you never get dissapointed.

Hehehehehe
Note in David's article/blog that he mentions he was prior experience of pitlanes, which is why he's in a position to judge. You can't take the piss out of him, because he beat you to it.
That BBC freeview stuff is well... stupid to say the least.
Quote from tristancliffe :Note in David's article/blog that he mentions he was prior experience of pitlanes, which is why he's in a position to judge. You can't take the piss out of him, because he beat you to it.

Yeah, but it's ironic that he complains about that :P
Quote :Do we need a British Grand Prix? No

Bernie's quote from last week or so.

Todays headline:

Quote :Bernie Ecclestone says he would be "very upset" not to see a British Grand Prix in 2010

What an old fart....
Or he could be playing with them, so they don't know what to think, and give him more money. I think he contradicted himself on purpose. Even though he's greedy these days, he's far more intelligent than you'll ever be.
Well yeah Bernie is pragmatic, he changes is views to whatever suits him at the time, despite the occasional remark which provokes outrage, hes clever enough to stay out of trouble most of the time, for example his handling of Max Moseley's sex scandal, he carefully sat on the fence most of the time.

You have to hand it to him, seeing as he worked his way up from a local car dealer in the 1950s to what he is now.
Too be fair he never contridicted himself.
At first he seemed completely apathetic to losing the British GP, then he says it would be a shame, two different views which are really kind of contradict eachother.
Quote from 5haz :At first he seemed completely apathetic to losing the British GP, then he says it would be a shame, two different views which are really kind of contradict eachother.

he answered a question which was: do we need a British GP? he said no

he never said he didn't want it though.

need and want is a different thing.

however alot of these questions are just thrown out and they get vague replies.
Hopefully Senna will be fast and Campos has a decent car.
Holy! Toyota are pulling out of F1??

http://www.f1technical.net/new ... 5ed958c8de8ab1b69559f5543

Looks like the days of the big manufacturer are coming to an end for now. If this continues it will be Mercedes Vs Ferrari and a few other privateer backmarkers with Cosworth engines.
Well that was..... uhm..... un surprising?

I mean they have already hinted heavily of pulling out mid way through the season and whatnot.

Would be a shame to miss them.

If they do pull out, someone needs to sign Kobayashi!
They were going on about being committed to F1 last I heard, but then that usually means the exact opposite.
Damn look at this:
Should Toyota choose to withdraw, it would make room for Sauber, whose official application to race in 2010 will be automatically activated in the event of a vacancy.

However, it would be bad news for Kamui Kobayashi, the Japanese F1 rookie who has impressed Toyota with his two races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi.

The 23-year-old told reporters before leaving the Yas Marina Circuit that he has "no budget" to fall back on GP2 in 2010. "I would probably go back to Japan to maybe work with my father in his sushi restaurant, said Kobayashi. "It was like that two months ago."

He will go from impressing F1 with hes first off performances to working in a sushi shop.

A team must sign him up, but he has no money so if he isn't in a well funded team the chances are very low..
http://www.f1technical.net/news/13741

Can someone please tell him to shut the hell up? He might be one of the greatest drivers of all time, but he is a bloody awful sportsman. Jenson proved this year you don't need team order to win a championship.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :http://www.f1technical.net/news/13741

Can someone please tell him to shut the hell up? He might be one of the greatest drivers of all time, but he is a bloody awful sportsman. Jenson proved this year you don't need team order to win a championship.

According to former F1 driver Ralph Schumacher..

F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG