The online racing simulator
What game(s) did you play before lfs
(40 posts, started )
Accualy i just played Gran Turismo 4
I don't dare post all the games i've played

I have 50+ PS2 games alone.
Played far to much wow over the times, cant find any good screenshots though : (.

Had one on my old hunter stood infront of illidan reading the tactics over on the other screen, then when wotlk came out I quit for ages, started again and now i play a deathknight but very casualy, havent had any time on it for about 2/3months, hunter sits in SW at 80 wearing leveling gear with BC gear in the bank :\, tbh wotlk caused me to loose interest.

I play far to much css and if I'm not out (pffffttt) im either on css/lfs/ra3 atm.

Other the times ive played a few fps gamesCOD4 (not competetivly) CS (Not competetivly) CSS (Competetivly) BF2 (not competetivly and awful at it, dislike the engine)

...not played much else realy, used to spend to much time on WoW raiding before wotlk came out now I spend to much time on CSS :|
I wish I more of a life

edit: first played my brothers PS1 and played crash bandicoot!, toke me to the ps2 with tekken/GT3 Aspec then not much else untill the pc came into it
Quote from Gills4life :Network Q Rally Championship!!! :bowdown:

Lol couldn't remember name of that game for a reeaaalllllyyy long time, thanks... Was playing it quite a lot in past, deffo gonna do some nostalgic rides, finally when I know what's the name and what to download.
Quote from Gills4life :

Network Q Rally Championship!!! :bowdown:

used to play that game with my dad through LAN, good times, good times
I played carmageddon 2 for years on my old old OLD pc that had a voodoo2 GFX card! :woohoo:

Then after a few years of quake 1 and 2 that i got involved with skinning cars for a carma 2 mod called seduction of destruction, plus converting a few carma2 cars to work with SoD, which wasn't too bad, damage was good for a banger racing format, if a little OTT at times, plus carma2 is kinda low res too.

squashed volvo 240 estate with learner skin (not my work)

some action.

a few of my favourite skins i did, all of which are really bad pics with no AA/AF coz my PC couldnt do any fancy shading stuff back then.

I did do a few car conversions, such as a volvo 240 saloon, lada riva, and mk5 cortina (taunus), but damned if i can find any pics of them.

And then once we had to face the fact that we would never be able to get it to work online (due to a lack of carmageddon 2 online servers which we would have needed) i kind of gave up, its still around, but single player only as far as i know.

Then i raced a little with UK dirt/banger heat, a mod of nascar heat, but made into stadium racing.

Bangers.

And my favourite one to drive, Brisca F2 stock cars!

-
Nice pics Dan.

Carma 2 brings great memories. As I said, some of the best from my gaming life, if you can all it that

Extreme fun hours spent on my first PC. I remember thinking that "nothing can beat this in 100 years". I don't think any game did to be honest. Shame that kind of genre didnt really expand much more than it did.
Played Leadfoot with some US/Aussie guys, showed me the way to LFS i think one of them was a BETA tester in the early days. cant remember any of their names
Quote from DevilDare :This reminded me. Before WoW I too used to play Lineage 2. The C1 chronicles. God almighty.... worst MMO ever..... biggest grind fest you can ever imagine, still, very addictive.

i can think of alot more MMO's worse then l2 :P

yer i played wow for like 1 week and gave my account and cd's away

my hole guild left L2 in c5 and went to wow lol
I've played too many to count, but the big time suckers were roughly:

1997-2000: everything N64 (mostly Zelda)
2000-2003: Tribes 2, MechWarrior 4 (first serious PC, wooo. Go GeForce 2 MX! Flex those 32 megs!)
2003-2005: PlanetSide, Battlefield 1942, lots and lots of Halo lan parties
2005-2007: Battlefield 2, Final Fantasy XI
2007-current: Call of Duty 4, Lord of the Rings Online
I remember final fantasy 7 when it first came out for the PC, i had a very old PC at the time, an i486 dx2, 66mhz running windows 3.1, i then upgraded it to win95 and fitted another 8mb of ram, so i had 16mb in total, It didnt play very well at all on that!

GTA, the 1st one (that looked like micro machines) was the only game that was really playable on it, carmageddon 1 worked, but was like a slideshow as well.
Sports Car GT. Actually, a german SCGT forum was the first place I ever heard of LFS. And Tomb Raider (user-made levels).

And a lot of SNES and N64 games. Mostly stuff with Mario and Zelda.
FA18 Simulator on Amiga 500 (with 1mb ram upgrade mind you! woo hoo!) Then on to PC With Indy 500, Microprose GP1,2,3,4 , papyrus Indycar, Of course Leisure Suit Larry series, All Sierra games for that fact!! (police Quest, Kings, Space, Heroes Quest) And Rfactor for a day or 2 that i will never get back.

But now its pretty much LFS if im gaming.

LiveForSpeed Owns!
TOCA 2
Rally Masters
Rally Championship 2000
F1 Racing Championship (UbiSoft)
Racing Simulation 3 (UbiSoft)
Rollcage
Rollcage 2

And that's pretty much it.
99% i played enemy territory: wolfenstein.
these suck bad at it, but back then i was decent

the other 1% is some browser games and/or crappy 3d games which didn't last long enough to mention them.

What game(s) did you play before lfs
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG