The online racing simulator
Quote from Wm. Peddle :What I think happens is this, good young waves of gamers keep moving toward the new. The true drivers among them will come back to LFS.
Because it Rocks Worldwide!

+1.

[OFFTOPIC]I've been with LFS since just before the release of S1, And sure i've had my breaks (not because I'm annoyed with slow patches, I don't really care if its updated or not, It's a great game right now and considering I havn't had to pay anything for the past 3 years with a huge amount of improvements since then, I'm bloody happy with it) but in the end, I've always come back to LFS because of how realistic the cars handle, and the good feeling every time you shave .10 off your pb.

And I can honestly say that since I started playing LFS, I have not put as much time into any other racing sim (I don't even play any others), And yes, I have played iRacing, Yes it's an awesome racing experience, I only had the oval pack but every race was very close (and thats with 30 drivers).[/OFFTOPIC]

Back on topic, Well as you can see I'm australian, and I don't like racing in american servers because of the lag issues, So there is pretty much only one racing server for us (Which is ProRacingRoom, Great people race here, there's even a TS server where the host himself is always on + many people racing at the time), So quit complaining you only have 5 or 6 servers. Us aussies have 1. Deal with it.
-
(ChrisColeman) DELETED by ChrisColeman
Quote from ChrisColeman :Everyone in north america has been banned by Sam H from all the good servers. So everybody quit playing.

just because you got banned for account sharing...
Wanted a late night blast but there really is no servers, apart from 1 server the most playing online is 5 in S2. Ive even started going on demo just to get a decent race with a decent grid. IMO i shouldn't ever be finding myself going back to demo but i think its the hours im trying to play, i feel sorry for the yanks, LFS is dead for them unless you go into leagues.
-
You already got busted. No use in making excuses now.
Quote from ChrisColeman :I Can't let my son play or change my username for team races?

Youre right, you are NOT allowed to do that
-
Quote from ChrisColeman :Just didn't know it was against ctra TOS until after I was banned.

You didn't read the rules?

And you seriously thought that masquerading as CTRA official was OK?
-
So will this current band-aid of a patch help drum up some decent racers ?

What are your thoughts on the intermediate patch subject?
I was playing Forza 3 the other night and one of the drivers was so respectful and smooth, giving each other just enough room to race fast, but no crazy banzai stuff, i had a chat with him and he turned out to be ex PC sim racer who had gotten bored with R Factor and wanted something newer, we had a chat about PC`s Sim racing and LFS.

His words

" that bloke who codes Live for Speed is like a genius, but i cant believe he does not want extra people helping out to speed up the development"

He also said that the "oldskool" pc sims had become stale and had been left behind by newer products.

The next race i had was full of bumper cars LOL
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Wanted a late night blast but there really is no servers, apart from 1 server the most playing online is 5 in S2. Ive even started going on demo just to get a decent race with a decent grid. IMO i shouldn't ever be finding myself going back to demo but i think its the hours im trying to play, i feel sorry for the yanks, LFS is dead for them unless you go into leagues.

Just started racing again after about a year break. The only server with decent amount of people around the hours that I play seems to be the FM Fox server, which is just fine with me because i mainly race the Fox. But thank god for that server, or else there would be nothing.

As an aside...what are some of the American leagues? or atleast ones that race with doable hours for us 'yanks'? I've tried looking through the list on the forums but couldn't find one.
Quote from RedStarArmy :
As an aside...what are some of the American leagues? or atleast ones that race with doable hours for us 'yanks'? I've tried looking through the list on the forums but couldn't find one.

LOTA - League of the Americas runs some great leagues on Thursday nights, sometimes Mondays too.

There's also my UF Baby-R league on alternate Wednesday nights.
Quote from Fordman :WHere have we all gone, well no where really, we just don't race anymore. See what happened, was LFS used to be fun, fast, pick up, meat up with the reg drivers and you used to be able to have a general laugh day and night. Well in its strive to become "almost realistic" it lost alot of the pick races, then "fun" element of use older drivers. Not all of us can dedicate our time to leagues, Enduro etc etc, although i did in the past, sometimes people have to make a choice, and well this is what happens.

There are still a few of the "old school" regs around, but not many anymore, well not racing as they used to, and me being one of them. Why, well there was to many rules, to many regulations, so much server control, and not enough fun anymore, which is what LFS started out as, correct me if I am wrong.

Time was always going to be an issue with LFS, but us oldies that supported it, understood that great things take time, and we was willing to wait, but in the mean time, the strive for perfection, remove the strive for fun and enjoyment.

In my eyes, what started out as a fun and enjoyment project, has turned into a serious, over the top and to many rules Sim. How can you turn it into a serious project with non realistic cars ( ok bar a few ) and totally non realistic tracks, tracks that you would build in your loft using Scalextric's and expect people to say "wow this is realistic" how the hell should they know, if:

A: Never driven the car
B: Never driven on the track?

You have to pay for realism, track days etc etc, LFS had and I say "had" the market where it was almost real, but drivers respected each other, but in a fictional place. Now...god knows what happened, so....IMHO use dude's that joined many moons ago, loved having fun, don't anymore, hence your question, where have we gone, no where, we are still here, just cannot be bothered anymore.

Nailed it. I agree completely.
About me, I am in Finnish Defence Forces Military and coming back in full civilian life exactly 2 months. Then I would continue my LFS gaming as well...
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :About me, I am in Finnish Defence Forces Military and coming back in full civilian life exactly 2 months. Then I would continue my LFS gaming as well...

**** you in that case.

243 days to go...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG