The online racing simulator
calling all the STCC drivers.. Replay files.
this is a shot in the dark, but did anyone save the replay files from the STCC series becky ran in 2006, and still have them?

if so would it be possible for you to re-upload them please.

cheers
#2 - pik_d
The computer I ran it on and therefor the most likely place that I might find the replays myself is currently dead, the hard disks are OK but i've no way to access them.

I've checked both of the domains and they're seemingly not there, but if I get time i'll try again with a console recursive search because i'm sure they should be.
Here are some replays. I don't know if they are complete, as i don't have the right patch to watch them with atm. You'll have to go through them There should be the replays from the tryout and winter special events as well.

http://www.easy-share.com/1908292541/stccmpr.rar
cheers guys..

becky, if you could get round to it sometime that would be great

can i run these MPR's on the latest patch? or wont they work?
#6 - SamH
They definitely won't work with the current patch. In fact you may need a couple of different patches to run them. I have a vague recollection that we had at least one incompatible LFS patch mid-season.

I checked the UKCT server for STCC replays but it seems they were subject to a house-cleaning project some time ago.
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum : SamH beat me to it
cheers sam
I've just not had time to get around to trying and i'm away for the weekend now but i'll have a look when I get back Chris. I did have a pretty thorough look at the server this morning already, so i'm not holding out much hope.

The best bet is the PC I ran the league on, but that's broken.
#9 - Jakg
Sorry been really busy (wasn't ignoring your MSN messages...) - I did keep them but i'm not sure if I still have them, i'm currently moving 300GB of files to my new PC so i'll sort through them at some point...
Hi !

I have some from the old, happy times
Races: 2-6 , 10 , 12 , Special (I can't remember which was it exactly )

Found few qualy and before race events, but I haven't got the old LFS version, so I can't play them to be sure.

I'll copy them to my FTP server, if have time for it, maybe tomorrow :P
Quote from SamH :They definitely won't work with the current patch. In fact you may need a couple of different patches to run them. I have a vague recollection that we had at least one incompatible LFS patch mid-season.

I checked the UKCT server for STCC replays but it seems they were subject to a house-cleaning project some time ago.

Patch X TBO balancing, IIRC
#12 - Jakg
Sorry it seems I ditched the recordings a while ago :/
I´m gonna have a look if I still have them. Normally I should cause I also have all the old LFS versions still on my PC´s and I don´t remember deleting the replays.
I've just spotted that the domain those files are on has only 21 hours left before it expires, after that I intend to let it expire (the main domain for the series has already expired and been registered by somebody else anyway).

So if you want the movies, download them quick

They might come back on another domain in the future.
I was gonna download and have a look because im curious, but that file size just doesn't work with a dongle, it would take unitl at least 3am to do just one of those.

Oh well, never mind.
#17 - Jakg
I have the actual files (in HQ) at 4GB saved already, if you ever need them re-uploaded then let me know...
I'm not losing the hosting account Jack so I've still got the files, I'm just letting that domain expire. I've got numerous accounts on that server and will still be able to FTP them so I won't loose the files.

I still want to bring the STCC back next year, to the point I was working on the site database this weekend and working on some stuff. I just don't have the infrastructure to do the live cast that I want to do, but when I solve that problem I do really want to see the STCC back in 2010.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I was gonna download and have a look because im curious, but that file size just doesn't work with a dongle, it would take unitl at least 3am to do just one of those.

Oh well, never mind.

Come over one night with some tinnies Dan i'll put it on the big screen.
I miss the STCC. It was so much fun to watch!
#22 - Vain
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I miss the STCC. It was so much fun to watch!

And it was no less fun to drive.
I'm still looking forward to the opportunity to improve on my last championship result.

Vain
Quote from Vain :And it was no less fun to drive.
I'm still looking forward to the opportunity to improve on my last championship result.

Vain

Me too Though is there any champs result? I remember somehow that after the last race there was no update of the champ result?
I can't remember.. .I think Viktor ended up winning it, with Hannu in second.. but that's as much as I recall.
I can't help there, between the various websites for the league having gone and the old computer I ran it on being out of action i've got nothing. I remember it being between Victor and Hannu with Victor coming out on top, and I think Chris Raemisch was third but i'm not 100% on that - with Chris Redman languishing in 4th after no showing the end of the season.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG