The online racing simulator
Everything is orbiting around something...
(34 posts, started )
Hey guys, I've bet most of you have known that Earth orbits around the Sun, which in turns orbits around our great galaxy. Amazingly, even our bodies have orbitals. Just like our blood circulating around our whole body.

The big big big~ question is, what are the humans orbiting around? So is this, what is our galaxy with other galaxies orbiting around? And why and how are we and the things around us orbit around each other. Sort of how each depended on others.

Do you think it's something to do with God making it this way? Or is it something else? Anyway who are our real Creators? If God is the Creator, then who created God?
#2 - JJ72
The orbit effect on our bodies is cancelled out by air resistance, friction to the floor, and is so small anyway due to our lack of mass (even on Americans).

We are therefore 'part' of the spheriod of Earth, and as such we orbit around Moon, Sol and, technically, any other independant celestial body.

In theory particles in fluids orbit around one another (each one about every other one), but viscosity, frictions etc mean that the effect is of absolutely no importance, and almost certainly not measureable.

Edit: You also asked what is everything orbiting around. Well, as far as we know (discounting string or brane theories) everything is orbiting around it's own CoG. It may be that out universe is orbiting around other universes. But every individual body (which discounts things attached to other bodies, like humans on the surface of the planet) orbits every other object around the CoG of that system. Thus Earth and Moon orbit around their combined CoG. If (for the sake of 'simplicity' you consider the Earth and Moon as 'a single entity' then it orbits around the CoG of the Sun and Earth/Moon pairing. Because the sun is quite big, the CoG is still within the surface of the Sun, and hence we orbit around the sun. Actually we orbit around each other.

This is following Newton's gravitational laws, discounting the disruptive effects like solar winds, air resistance (not applicable in the void of space) etc etc. In other words it's heavily simplified.
Quote :then who created God?

Common concenssus attributes this to the Jews, although studying the history of the Book of Genesis reveals that even Judaism was based upon earlier writings not directly attributable to any current theology.
Quote from Becky Rose :Common concenssus attributes this to the Jews, although studying the history of the Book of Genesis reveals that even Judaism was based upon earlier writings not directly attributable to any current theology.

Annunaki?

Sumerians have provided most if not all of the stories on which the bible based its old testament.

Also, the sumerian theology is directly linked to ancient egyptian and even indian theology. They used the same gods, albeit by different names and sometimes multiple gods into one...

As an atheist, I disbelieve in as many gods as a christian plus one.
I orbit around the tracks in LFS, but it's not a consistent orbit it's quite unstable and sometimes I just fly off into space.
Quote from TagForce :Annunaki?

I'm not completely sure on this stuff as i'm not well read on it, my understanding is that Annunaki reffers to a mortal of Godly status, specifically the sovereign monarch of Babylon and their descendants.

EDIT: Jahweh is of the Gods (ie: the Annunaki walk amongst the Gods) but the Gods are not of Jahweh. Jahweh is an Igigi (a heavenly God)

Or do I have it completely wrong?
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm not completely sure on this stuff as i'm not well read on it, my understanding is that Annunaki reffers to a mortal of Godly status, specifically the sovereign monarch of Babylon and their descendants.

EDIT: Jahweh is of the Gods (ie: the Annunaki walk amongst the Gods) but the Gods are not of Jahweh. Jahweh is an Igigi (a heavenly God)

Or do I have it completely wrong?

You're close, but not completely correct.

They're both Gods...
Annunaki are the Gods that walk among men (on earth). Igigi are the Gods that remained in heaven (not on earth).

In the hebrew texts Jahweh was the prime (only, for the most part) deity that has characteristics from both Annunaki en Igigi Gods. Anu was an Igigi god who remained in heaven, but did on a few rare occasions come down to earth to speak with his sons (Enlil and Enki) and offer his advise on certain problems.

The fact that in the old testament Jahweh was both the destroyer of mankind and the one to save Noah from the flood while in the sumerian texts it is Enlil who opts to destroy the whole of mankind and Enki who saves Noah (Ziusudra/Atraharsis in Akkadian) by instructing him to build an ark, just goes to show that Jahweh of the Hebrews is a deity that is composed of multiple sumerian/egyptian/indian/babylonian deities.

It is also said that the name Yahweh is derived from the West Semitic pronunciation of Enki's akkadian name Ea: eeyahu.

edit:
In the hebrew bible the Anunnaki are depicted as the nefilim... Which can be translated as 'fallen gods/angels', or demons...
In the original sumerian it would rather mean 'Gods on earth')
Quote from TagForce :just goes to show that Jahweh of the Hebrews is a deity that is composed of multiple sumerian/egyptian/indian/babylonian deities.

Which is a large part responsible for even the most recent rewrites of the New Testement still not getting the tense of God correct, which fluctuates constantly between God and Gods from chapter to chapter.

Yet still people claim their bible is the one true bible...
Alienating readers in three simple steps:

1. Start with a fine and valid assumption, adequately backed by statistics for the first part and based solidly on the knowledge acquired by the first years of schooling.
Quote from hiroshima guy :Hey guys, I've bet most of you have known that Earth orbits around the Sun

2. Pitch in a rather flawed generalization which isn't quite there as a statement but hope to make up on the rebound.

Quote from hiroshima guy :which in turns orbits around our great galaxy

3. Time to wrap it up with your best shot at profound.
Quote from hiroshima guy :Amazingly, even our bodies have orbitals. Just like our blood circulating around our whole body.

See that look on their faces? Congratulations.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I orbit around the tracks in LFS, but it's not a consistent orbit it's quite unstable and sometimes I just fly off into space.

I LOL'd!
Most people orbit around my sexy ass true story
Quote from hiroshima guy :So is this, what is our galaxy with other galaxies orbiting around?

Galaxies are not orbiting around each other, most are actually accelerating away from each other unless they are close enough where gravity will pull them together, causing them to collide and merge. Good example is Andromeda galaxy which is estimated to collide with our galaxy.
Sometimes i orbit around my LSD pills. Searchin for dem and then ... floor jumps into my face instantly, im confused but still orbiting.
Well, well Xaotik... I take that upon your comment that you're trying to insult or lecture me?

Anyway, of all the posts around, there's actually no mentioning of the who made God... All I've seen is talking about the Bible Stories, and the biblical gods coming about in heaven, on earth or in hell, but who in particular, made them... What I believe is actually one God, and It alone, no others. I take the others as deities or angels or prophets...

As of popular beliefs, many thought Jesus Christ or Mary, as a God. But they're actually not. Some how, there's almost no way to tell them the right things, they just won't listen. Sort of a rogue church?
#17 - JJ72
The concept of God is a man made thing, there can be no god, or there can be a million gods, some people believes other totally mortal person as gods, or living reincarnation of them.

So you question can't be answered unless you define "what is a god?"
Quote from hiroshima guy :Well, well Xaotik... I take that upon your comment that you're trying to insult or lecture me?

None of the above - just pointing out that your opening paragraph was essentially nonsensical. But that's OK I suppose as it's a certain guarantee the content of the thread will never stray off topic.
Quote from hiroshima guy :Well, well Xaotik... I take that upon your comment that you're trying to insult or lecture me?

Anyway, of all the posts around, there's actually no mentioning of the who made God... All I've seen is talking about the Bible Stories, and the biblical gods coming about in heaven, on earth or in hell, but who in particular, made them... What I believe is actually one God, and It alone, no others. I take the others as deities or angels or prophets...

As of popular beliefs, many thought Jesus Christ or Mary, as a God. But they're actually not. Some how, there's almost no way to tell them the right things, they just won't listen. Sort of a rogue church?

God wasn't made by anything or anyone... God just is...

If you believe in such a thing, that is.
You can't tell anybody the right things because there's no such thing as the 'absolute truth'. At best we can say that what you try to teach others is what you believe, not what is the absolute truth.

I can tell you that there is a flying spaghetti monster... But that's just another belief, just as the belief in God, Jahweh, Allah, Ba'al, Horus, Ra, Quetzalcoatl, etc.

Like I said before, I am just as atheist as any christian, I just believe in one God less than they do.
if i'm not wrong, there are 4 known forces.(or 5) one of them is gravity. everything is orbiting around everything because of gravity. (orbiting is movement, so we can include galaxies' movement) so the question is "who created gravity".. depends on your religion.
I miss Lerts
Quote from ZORER :if i'm not wrong, there are 4 known forces.(or 5) one of them is gravity. everything is orbiting around everything because of gravity. (orbiting is movement, so we can include galaxies' movement) so the question is "who created gravity".. depends on your religion.

The big bang...
Every fundamental interaction (or force if you will) is caused by a specific particle (most of which are still hypothetical and have yet to be seen on an individual scale).

Gravity is supposedly caused by the graviton and interacts with every particle that has mass (which, hypothetically, is caused by the higgs boson).

By the way, galaxies don't orbit around any particular point as a group. At most they orbit around eachother in small groups eventually colliding and creating a bigger galaxy that isn't orbiting.
Well I saw in Stephen Hawking's book, that scientists actually found out galaxies are actually moving further apart, or sort of repelling each other, as they saw some stars being red-shifted due to Doppler effects as the wavelengths get longer and the frequency of light decreases such that it reaches nearer to the slower RED side of the colour spectrum.

Well, to many, God is just there at the first place, so there's no definite answer on what created God. But what I always believe, is that human thought is the one. A thought when strong enough and believed by many, can actually make a false object come true... Just like what Joseph Goebbels said to Hitler, "A lie told often enough, will gradually be believed as truth." I can't help but agree, do you? Although, I'm not trying to say that God is a fraud, definitely.

More on the book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Brief_History_of_Time
Quote from hiroshima guy :Well I saw in Stephen Hawking's book, that scientists actually found out galaxies are actually moving further apart, or sort of repelling each other, as they saw some stars being red-shifted due to Doppler effects as the wavelengths get longer and the frequency of light decreases such that it reaches nearer to the slower RED side of the colour spectrum.

They're not repelling each other they're attracting each other, although you're right about the Doppler Shift.

One of the major supporting theories of The Big Bang is this fact that all the galaxies are drifting apart, and not only that, but galaxies further away are moving faster relative to each other. This means that at some point, they were all clumped together in the same spot and *something* caused all these countless trillions upon trillions of tonnes of mass to begin moving away from each other, despite the fact that they should all be attracting each other.

How things will end could go three ways:

1. The galaxies' collective gravitational force isn't enough to pull them together and they will go on moving apart forever

2. The galaxies' collective gravitational force is just the right strength so they never *quite* manage to reverse the direction of movement and things end up stationary.

3. The galaxies' collective gravitational force is strong enough to eventually pull everything back together into the same place, which has been named 'The Big Crunch'
Quote from Crashgate3 :'The Big Crunch'

I waiting to see whether Nestle or Cadbury are the first to make the obvious confectionery cash-in.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG