The online racing simulator
Create A Cruise City
(84 posts, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 : Why would we give people who haven't contributed to LFS even more content. the demo is simply to test LFS to see if you're willing to give some money. Not as a full game for free. If you want more content, pay some ****ing money.

+infinite

lmao well said!!!!!!!
Yes, the tire patch takes a lot of time, but Scawen is working on other things, too. I just wanted to say that it's not a impossible modification.
I'm not quite familiar with the LFS GFX engine, I know only that it uses DirectX 8 and draws objects that are around a certain path. I also think it doesn't have dynamic shadows except on cars. It could be changed to only draw objects that are in the field of view.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :

Additionally the LFS graphics engine isn't capable of rendering a track with multiple routes, making your city pretty dull with 1 set of roads in a circle...

Actually, LFS is rendering all routes only that they aren't accessible. If you look over the map in shift U mode you will notice that everything is there but blocked off.
They just appear hollow. Sure, you can see them but if you drive on them you fall into ..nothing.. That's the problem, it can be drawn and shown, but due to limitation it canot work, it will just be hollow / picture.
Quote from Shadowww :3rd: I don't see anything bad in "pirating" (lolword) games which I wouldn't pay a cent for anyways.

That's a good one.

Tomorrow, I will steal a Ferrari. After all, I wouldn't have paid a cent for it. Nothing bad in that, right?
Quote from zeugnimod :Tomorrow, I will steal a Ferrari. After all, I wouldn't have paid a cent for it. Nothing bad in that, right?

You are dumb.

If I download a game, nobody loses his copy. N-o-b-o-d-y. Developer loses nothing because I would not buy that game if it wouldn't be downloadable anyways.

Get some logic. You can get it at local walmart.

Well, it's a difficoult question really. On one side the devs are losing money, due to one less sold copy since you downloaded it. On the other side, if you did not at all plan to buy it, well
Quote from The Very End :On one side the devs are losing money, due to one less sold copy since you downloaded it.

They are not losing any money - I would better buy a new brakes + tyres for my MTB than a crappy game which can't be played for more than 24 hours.
Quote from Shadowww :Get some logic.

Get some logic yourself.

In order to be able to play the game, you have to pay money for it. By "pirating" it, you can play it without paying anything. To say that there is nothing bad in that is, as you say, "dumb". It doesn't matter if you would have bought it or not.

I'm not saying that I never do it but I'm not that stupid to think that there's nothing wrong with it.
Quote from zeugnimod :Get some logic yourself.

In order to be able to play the game, you have to pay money for it. By "pirating" it, you can play it without paying anything. To say that there is nothing bad in that is, as you say, "dumb". It doesn't matter if you would have bought it or not.

I'm not saying that I never do it but I'm not that stupid to think that there's nothing wrong with it.

"pirating" is bad word, mmmkay? Most of current games have no DRM.

Now tell me, what is worse - downloading the game or borrowing DVD from a friend?
I am 100% sure your answer will be stupid.
So tell me, Shadowwww, what games have you actually bought in the past year?
Quote from obsolum :So tell me, Shadowwww, what games have you actually bought in the past year?

Why would I do, Mr. FBI / Mr. MAFIAA (Music And Film Industry Association of America before somebody asks)?
Because I'm just curious, that's all. I have this suspicion that you haven't bought a game in a looooong time, yet you have pirated dozens. In which case your reasoning just doesn't fly. "I don't want to buy it because I only play it for 24 hours". That's bullshit, you know it, I know it, we all know it.
Quote from obsolum :Because I'm just curious, that's all.

Not valid enough reason for me to answer.

That's okay, I know the answer anyway
Quote from obsolum :That's okay, I know the answer anyway

Are you also 100% sure that the answer will be stupid?
i have only pirated one game from my friend on the internet
Quote from Shadowww :"pirating" is bad word, mmmkay? Most of current games have no DRM.

Now tell me, what is worse - downloading the game or borrowing DVD from a friend?
I am 100% sure your answer will be stupid.

Are you just taking the piss or truly stupid? 99% of game released have DRM (SecuROM, Steam, Etc.) and to use them require some sort of Anti-copying bypassing by cracked EXE's, Mini CD images, launcher applications and so forth.

Sure I pirate, mostly because I don't have money to spend on a popular graphics editing program to use for a few hours every 6 months, or a stupid text editing application that has become "standard" with proprietary formats. However I at least have the decency to buy games and applications that I use as I know I'll get more than 24 hours of use out of them. To use that logic is stupid.

Can we just give me the ban hammer now though, I think by this point it's common knowledge that you're a pirating, hacking cockbag and all you ever want to do is start arguments or brag about "OMG GUIZ, I NEVER BUY ANYTHING, I ARE TEH LEET!"

BTW: Borrowing from a friend is probably better, as at least the developer has a sale recorded so they might be able to make a few dollars. 10,000 downloads from 1 purchase (or a stolen copy) or 2 install from 1 purchase... which hurts the dev more?

as a wise man once said:

/thread /rant /universe /yourmother

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Are you just taking the piss or truly stupid? 99% of game released have DRM

Not the ones I played lately - for example, Call of Duty 5.
CD Key verification when connecting online to MP games to prevent duplicates. Maybe not DRM, but still ensures a valid purchase to use online features.

I actually can't think of any game I've bought that doesn't have DRM. GTA has SecuROM, all my Valve games use Steam, Far Cry 2 uses Steam and SecuROM.
Oh come on your two sausage mongers, take it easy
I suggest that you create a topic for this matter, back and forth and great flamewars, but I think it's pretty far off from Cruise City
Quote from Shadowww :Steam has protection? Didn't knew.

Steam is considered "DRM" by most people, as you are unable to play games that are purchased through steam without Steam being running. Don't bring up those "NO STEAMLULZ" hacked versions for piracy as those are... well hacked versions.

Also, now I know you're just taking the piss, so just **** off and stop being an annoying little twatface.

/thread

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Steam is considered "DRM" by most people, as you are unable to play games that are purchased through steam without Steam being running. Don't bring up those "NO STEAMLULZ" hacked versions for piracy as those are... well hacked versions.

NO STEAMLULZ wut?

Steam stores subscription (read: what games you own) data in UNENCRYPTED file. THAT is considered DRM?!

Create A Cruise City
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG