The online racing simulator
Create A Cruise City
(84 posts, started )
Create A Cruise City
Since there are cruise severs on S2 and demo. I was thinking if it is possible for you to make a City, not a city track but a City. Don't have to be Big but not too small though. It's for cruising working traffic lights, buildings, cafe, hospital, houses. Make it close to real life. Don't have to be a real city. because on the racing tracks i don't find the fun of cruising and using the signal lights. I think a cruising city would be fun. And please allow demo users to use the map.

Thanks
This is an original idea!!!
*removed*
*puts on idea destruction gloves*

Quote from EmOkId95 :Since there are cruise severs on S2 and demo. I was thinking if it is possible for you to make a City, not a city track but a City. Don't have to be Big but not too small though. It's for cruising working traffic lights, buildings, cafe, hospital, houses. Make it close to real life. Don't have to be a real city. because on the racing tracks i don't find the fun of cruising and using the signal lights. I think a cruising city would be fun.

Not gonna happen, as LFS is a racing simulator. The cruise filter is to simply get rid of the riff-raff from the racers. Additionally the LFS graphics engine isn't capable of rendering a track with multiple routes, making your city pretty dull with 1 set of roads in a circle... It's like we don't even have one of those.

Oh wait, South City.

Quote :
And please allow demo users to use the map.

Why would we give people who haven't contributed to LFS even more content. the demo is simply to test LFS to see if you're willing to give some money. Not as a full game for free. If you want more content, pay some ****ing money.

/thread.
#5 - Silox
I heard there is a game called GTA... You can cruise around there
durr hurr
No thanks. I then rather suggest that they make a new city track, much like South City, but more in-city feeling aka a track similar to Monaco and such. Then the people that wants to cruise can cruise, while people who enjoy racing can enjoy that.
*removed*
Quote from dawesdust_12 :*puts on idea destruction gloves*

Not gonna happen, as LFS is a racing simulator. The cruise filter is to simply get rid of the riff-raff from the racers. Additionally the LFS graphics engine isn't capable of rendering a track with multiple routes, making your city pretty dull with 1 set of roads in a circle... It's like we don't even have one of those.

Oh wait, South City.

Why would we give people who haven't contributed to LFS even more content. the demo is simply to test LFS to see if you're willing to give some money. Not as a full game for free. If you want more content, pay some ****ing money.

/thread.

Well Mr.dawesdust... Don't have to be so rude about that. Some People Don't Have Enough Cash To Get S2. Many People Made A Cruise System On Their Cruise Server. So I thought. What If LiveForSpeed Made A Cruising Map? People Can Use There Cruise System On That Map And People Can Use That Map To Cruise!
This has been suggested LOTS of times, and AFAIK the devs always say the same thing:

Quote :LFS's game engine does not allow the creation of a cruise track

or something like that.

@EmOkId95: Don't Type Like This For No Reason!
Who says I can't be rude like that? You have no right to demand or request additional content as you haven't contributed at all to LFS. Heck us licenced users barely have the right to request additional content but it's really for naught as we have no say in how LFS gets developed.

The demo is supposed to be just that: A Demonstration of the full RACING simulation to encourage users to purchase a S1/S2/S3 licence. It should not be played like a full game, and content shouldn't be added to it. Somehow, I think there should be more limits placed, like lap limits/time limits on races, locked to a default setup, no Insim/Outgauge, fixed skin as there are many people that play the demo as a full game, and expect it to be supported as such.

If you want more content, pay money. It's not that expensive at all.
Quote from Shadowww :GTA is singleplayer, best multiplayer mod for it is Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas (if you are talking about SA)
Also Test Drive Unlimited.

In couple of years when you get gta4 to latvia, you will see there is also multiplayer feature.
Quote from Ales_M :In couple of years when you get gta4 to latvia, you will see there is also multiplayer feature.

I got it before it started selling in Europe, but GTA IV multiplayer is pure shit because it doesn't supports any form of scriping.

+ demo users usually have PC's that can't run GTA IV at all.
Quote from Shadowww :+ demo users usually have PC's that can't run GTA IV at all.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? What correlation is there between a person's license status and their computer hardware specs?

Please elaborate.
Quote from obsolum :How the hell did you come to that conclusion? What correlation is there between a person's license status and their computer hardware specs?

Please elaborate, this must have been an interesting study.

If somebody has enough money to buy PC that runs GTA IV, he also has enough money to buy LFS.
Quote from Shadowww :If somebody has enough money to buy PC that runs GTA IV, he also has enough money to buy LFS.

Oh really? I'm willing to bet that you have a very decent pc capable of running GTA IV, yet you are well known for pirating games

Just because someone has the money to spend, doesn't mean they are willing to do so.
Quote from obsolum :I'm willing to bet that you have a very decent pc capable of running GTA IV

1st: I got CPU + mobo for free from my friend.
2nd: My PC is NOT capable of running GTA IV
3rd: I don't see anything bad in "pirating" (lolword) games which I wouldn't pay a cent for anyways.
Quote from Shadowww :2nd: My PC is NOT capable of running GTA IV

Why did you bother to get GTA IV then? Or did you only find out you can't run it after you pirated it?
Quote from Shadowww :
3rd: I don't see anything bad in "pirating" (lolword) games which I wouldn't pay a cent for anyways.

Why would you bother to pirate them then? Obviously if you think they aren't worth a cent they're not worth playing?
Quote from obsolum :Why did you bother to get GTA IV then? Or did you only find out you can't run it after you pirated it?

Yeah, I didn't wasted $50 just to find out this game is crap.
Quote from obsolum :
Why would you bother to pirate them then? Obviously if you think they aren't worth a cent they're not worth playing?

They are worth a cent, but they aren't worth $100.
I don't think modifying the GFX engine should be so serious modification, considering the new tyre physics may be almost the same amount of work.
Quote from Ivo Georgiev :I don't think modifying the GFX engine should be so serious modification, considering the new tyre physics may be almost the same amount of work.

And how long has Scawen been working on new tyre physics now?

Also, are you a programmer? Do you know how LFS' graphics engine works?
The culling system of LFS would have to be changed in order to create a cruise city.

I think that I ve heard mr. Scawen saying that there will not be any criuse city but maybe, when LFS will be finished(expect 2017), ScaViEr team may introduce something new.
i like the idea of an open track option, ie. all the barriers for diffrent track layouts could be removed. would be great for time trial rally
Quote from =C.R= Boomshanka :i like the idea of an open track option, ie. all the barriers for diffrent track layouts could be removed. would be great for time trial rally

There is just one problem, the whole way the LFS is built up, this is impossible. It has something to do with the graphic/game engine, it's simply is impossible. Unless they re-writes LFS completely there are no way to do this.

Create A Cruise City
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG