(255 posts, closed, started )
*ignore*
Attached images
wrongorder.jpg
i found a bug in the hostlist
check the pic
Attached images
hostlistbug.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Go into Options... Screen. Can you see a mode whose resolution is the same as your desktop?

If so, then click that resolution.

If that works (LFS goes full screen over two screens) then you can follow what I said in this other post :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1281581#post1281581

I can see a resolution for 1680x1050, which is the resolution for a single monitor. Anything wrong in my Windows settings?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Just another thing, the connection list is displaying correctly apart from the first person on the list. As you can see here: 225 comes before 16h. Is that because the server isn't updated to the latest test patch?

Quote from Mp3 Astra :Not sure if this was deliberate or not, but you can't click arrows on the map during replays. You also can't click on the position list during replays.

[And during single player races]

Ignore this, for some reason I'm still on Z15. I'm not really sure why though.

EDIT: OK, now I'm on Z18. I'll see what I can find.
Quote from bukhem :I can see a resolution for 1680x1050, which is the resolution for a single monitor. Anything wrong in my Windows settings?

Fixed.
that text sometime flickers, it also did it in z17, in z15 I hadn't noticed it, maybe because I used this car VERY rarely.
Attached images
snap000047.png
#57 - hda
Quote from Scawen :If any fishermen are reading, I'll just let you know that any closed beta tests are stored in a completely different location with an impossible to guess URL and the downloads are also protected by passwords, so you will never find a Scirocco or Rockingham by making up test patch names with high numbers.

damn I was going to use this quote for my sig but it's to long

the connection list looks good :-) most of the time i can't get over 100 fps so shift+u works fine
Quote :The FOV slider no longer sets the total FOV. Instead, you set the
FOV of the main screen.

Thanks !!!! I have always wished this for better peripherical view on a single Monitor, THX THX THX

I can't even drive with the old view. The landscape "escapes" in the edges, what feels weird since this new feature.

The only setting i wish is for the width of the "main screen" for single monitor. I would use it for more narrow "bars" at the sides for this periferical view.

Thanks a lot for progress in LFS, my best sim so far.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Has anyone been able to get LFS working in Dual monitor setup with NVidia card in Windows 7 or Vista?

(hi Jason )
it is possible to use softTH for dual monitors, maybe that's a workaround.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Has anyone been able to get LFS working in Dual monitor setup with NVidia card in Windows 7 or Vista?

As far as I know, these OS's do not support span mode at all. After some research, I read somewhere that the only way to achieve this is if the game itself provides the multi monitor setup.

I would love to be able to use dual monitor, especially with this new patch, but cannot for the life of me get LFS to register the extra resolution settings of the 2nd monitor, unless I am missing something?

I'd like to know more about that too. Of course, it works fine in XP where you can set the two monitor ports to act as a single screen.

Why would they go backwards? Is this something to do with copyright protection? I can't think why... just wondering why MS had to "break" their new OS's.

Quote from Bass-Driver :i found a bug in the hostlist
check the pic

I think those are two corrupted (or hacked) hosts that aren't working properly but still keep reconnecting to the host list. I'll have to do some investigation to find out what's up but I think that's where the problem is.
Quote from Scawen :

As far as I know, these OS's do not support span mode at all. After some research, I read somewhere that the only way to achieve this is if the game itself provides the multi monitor setup.

I would love to be able to use dual monitor, especially with this new patch, but cannot for the life of me get LFS to register the extra resolution settings of the 2nd monitor, unless I am missing something?

I'd like to know more about that too. Of course, it works fine in XP where you can set the two monitor ports to act as a single screen.

Why would they go backwards? Is this something to do with copyright protection? I can't think why... just wondering why MS had to "break" their new OS's.

I run W7 as well, and have had that same problem. I overcame that by just making the LFS window span across the two monitors, since I run in windowed mode anyway. LFS recognized that it's resolution was now bigger, and enabled two monitors automatically. I just had to tweak it a bit and it worked well. Kinda disorientating with only one side monitor, but is neat anyway.
The "Send setup" and "Takeover" button should not appear at the hosts connection if I'm right.
Quote from chucknorris :The "Send setup" and "Takeover" button should not appear at the hosts connection if I'm right.

It was allways there before. but i think it has got no function...

It would be logical if it had a function like:
If you ss too the Host that you ss too all the people in the server

Same problem here with an Ati card and Windows 7
Quote : Originally Posted by jasonmatthews
Has anyone been able to get LFS working in Dual monitor setup with NVidia card in Windows 7 or Vista?

Hi,
I use Vista and can run LFS on two monitors when i use UltraMon. (only in windowed mode , not full screen ).
Quote from burnsy1882 :I run W7 as well, and have had that same problem. I overcame that by just making the LFS window span across the two monitors, since I run in windowed mode anyway. LFS recognized that it's resolution was now bigger, and enabled two monitors automatically. I just had to tweak it a bit and it worked well. Kinda disorientating with only one side monitor, but is neat anyway.

I also did not get it working (NVIDIA 8600 GS, Vista) on two screens. I thought it was not possible because the two screen have different resolutions.

Also had to use windowed mode. Then it happened multiple times that the FPS went from 60~65 to 25~30 for some minutes. Small adjustment of the size of the window sometimes had great effect on the FPS (jumping back to ~60 fps)

EDIT: on Z15
I'm using FlipCams and I'm afraid this practical little add-on doesn't work anymore with Z18 - is this a FlipCams or LFS related problem? Maybe because of the changes concerning multi monitor support? With Z17 it worked if I remember correctly ...
I suppose MS introduced the new window layer manager for Aero and it's probably a smart thing, the only problem being that no-one knows to handle it correctly yet. ATI seem to have figured it out, it won't take the others long to follow.

A better approach than relying on the SLS mode would be if LFS itself created multiple Direct3D-Devices. Supreme Commander had this (although limited to 1 additional screen) and it worked quite well
Nice again
Quote from morpha :A better approach than relying on the SLS mode would be if LFS itself created multiple Direct3D-Devices. Supreme Commander had this (although limited to 1 additional screen) and it worked quite well

from what i understand this would also allow using monitors with differing resolutions and vertical size
That is what I was hoping that this new multi monitor support would do, but it seems not. If LFS could provide this feature, it would be great
Quote from Shotglass :from what i understand this would also allow using monitors with differing resolutions and vertical size

That's correct.
I think it'd be wise to wait for DX9+ before attempting to implement this though, because AFAIK DX8 lacks some crucial features for it to work efficiently. Kegetys's expertise on this matter would certainly be of help, since SoftTH does exactly what we're talking about.
Quote from Scawen :New slider : Screen angle - to set the angle between monitors
New slider : View offset - to move the steering wheel off centre

With the quoted new things, is it possible now to make a 2nd screen work as a rear view monitor?
Quote from morpha :since SoftTH does exactly what we're talking about.

Does it? Don't get me wrong, I never used SoftTH, but I always thought what it does is fake a display device that has a wider screen resolution. Then again, maybe for splitting the data it actually does create multiple D3D devices, sending a third of the output to each device.
Quote from detail :With the quoted new things, is it possible now to make a 2nd screen work as a rear view monitor?

No, because all the viewports are still "connected" and the maximum monitor angle is whatever you set your main screen fov to, which is in multi-monitor mode limited to 90°. So you would need three screens to allow a look-behind.
im not sure what exactly softth does but in practice it allows you to use lower resolutions on the side monitors and afaik mix monitors with different aspect ratios
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG