The online racing simulator
Spanish GP
(37 posts, started )
#1 - zeeaq
Spanish GP
A nice but kinda boring to watch race.Expected Alonso to win easily !! One thing is certain though, Fisichella cant perform..and he cant do so evenmore under pressure.Awesome start from kimi but nothing great in the end.The McLarens were lousy.

Sad thing for DC though.A wobbly car on his 200th GP.Nice finishing act by Alonso.Just wondering about that funny thing he did after parking his car (a donkey walk or something !!!).No offense to spaniards here but he also does something like blowing a horn kind of action with his fingers...its kinda funny.What exactly does that mean ???
Exremely boring race. It's sad that F1 has gone to where it is now...

Plus the Circuit de Catalunya isn't the most thrilling track there is, no place for overtaking.

Well, next one is in Monaco, might be that we won't see a single overtake after the lap 1, but even so it should be fun to watch.

Oh, and, I guess it's official now that Kimi won't win the championship with McLaren. Next year with Ferrari?
There's some dreadful tracks on the calendar but Alonso mania ensures we will have Circuit de Catalunya for some time to come. The main problem isn't the inability to overtake, it's the lack of driver influence in the results.

Monaco will be the 3rd race in a row where you can't overtake - although i'd say half of Monaco grand prix's are amazing to watch anyway. It's entirely possible, maybe, that McLaren's insistence of running the car with double the competetive fuel load may for once pay off there.

We had a great year last year, and the potential for one this year. I just wish we had an 11th pit garage at Spa...
Even though being 'my' GP, I must admit it was boring.

No clue about WTF he was doing on his car after the race, but the fingers thing...he raises one more for each victory. Now, with 11 victories, he has run out of fingers LOL
Amazing Start from Kimi - unbelievable he was taking so much risk!
I thought the race was pretty good, watching Alonso and Schumachers laptimes lap after lap and seeing the race develop. Wandering what Schumacher can do in the 6 laps or so he had more than Alonso, which luckily didn't help him

Keiran
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#7 - zeeaq
Quote from BurnOut69 :Even though being 'my' GP, I must admit it was boring.

No clue about WTF he was doing on his car after the race, but the fingers thing...he raises one more for each victory. Now, with 11 victories, he has run out of fingers LOL

Ok i get it now.lol

Kimi is most probably with ferrari next season.Still wondering if Schumi is going to say good bye to f-1 or Felipe Massa is gonna be kicked out.Wait a minute.....KIMI and SCHUMI.....team mates !!!! Schumacher and ferrari have always been known to choose slaves for team mates and Kimi doesnt seem to fit in there.

With all team and driver combinations changing, the next season would be a good one...or atleast i hope so.Kimi and ferrari would be a deadly combo.Wonder who is filling up the seats at Renault.
#8 - Vain
In an F1 race there are 3 noticable events: The start, the pitstops, the finish.
Everything in between is absolutely boring and may just as well be used up completely by advertisments.
In german TV the commentators ran out of useless stuff to tell the people and so they ranted about F1 being too boring. That was kind of funny.

Vain
#9 - zeeaq
Quote from Becky Rose :The main problem isn't the inability to overtake, it's the lack of driver influence in the results.

Absolutely right.But there are few exceptions, drivers like Kimi,Button,Montoya,Rosberg who unfortunately dont have fast or reliable cars(or just luck in buttons case).Seriously where is all the fun gone in F-1 ???No more deadly overtakes...no more really really close finishes...no more excitement at all.It seems to me that f-1 has now become more of a pit lane battle.Everything is based "only" on strategies and plans.
#10 - Vain
The ranting german moderators phrased it this way:
There is no reward in trying to overtake someone. Every overtaking attempt looses a driver time. Not only does he burn more fuel and thus has to go into the pits earlier than when he drives behind silently, he also gets into dirty air, gets problems with engine-heat, brake-heat and tyre-wear. When, for example, Schumacher is behind Fisichella it is best to stay well behind, spare the engine and burn less fuel. The aerodynamics of the cars are so complex that it is very hard to drive behind someone with less than 0.5 seconds distance.
Overtaking someone is one of the worst thing you can do in F1.

Vain
Overtaking is a part of racing, be it f-1 or anything else.I dont understand why you thing it is the worst thing to be done.

Anyways...was that your opinion or you were just quoting what those moderators said.
Quote :The ranting german moderators phrased it this way:

You missed that 1st part hey?

For the US folks, the CBS tape delay was absolutely dreadful. I put it on MUTE after about 10 laps. Thankfully, the MotoGP of China later in they day more than made up for the lack of excitment in this race. Now that's racing. There were more passes in one MotoGP race then there is all season in F1.

F1, ditch the wings and go back to slicks. Let the men drive, not the engineers.
It was really bored, i saw imola race and alonso couldnt overtake schumacher but at least they were almost spoiler to spoiler... I wish monaco to be a better race
And as Cargo said, let the men drive cuz the race has to be exited not the pit stop
This is what happens when you use a track meant for TESTING as a racing track: Boring races.
#15 - wE1l
-
#16 - wE1l
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. The last two boring races we had, you enjoyed. Bit of a Schumacher bias at all?

lol not quite, at least at Bahrain, Europe and San Marino we had proper fights for the first place, Spain was just a Alonso runaway. But Alonso is the man that's for sure. FYI I didn't enjoy too much of most Schumacher's 04 victories as well.

Well done but what a bore.
That was kimi my friend...the only guy with balls...or whatever but if it wasn't for him we would all have forgotten that there is something called overtaking by now !!!
I was racing so I missed it, is there anywhere I can download it?

They should switch to A1GP-like cars which encourage slipstreaming.
Quote from zeeaq :That was kimi my friend...the only guy with balls...or whatever but if it wasn't for him we would all have forgotten that there is something called overtaking by now !!!

You have to remember that F1 teams don't race to entertain the crowd, they will go for the best strategy possible. Whats the point in a driver wasting fuel, risking the car, wasting tyres etc stuck in the dirty air of the car in front. The aero on F1 cars make it to hard for the driver behind to follow through corners. We need the FIA to let the F1 teams use the floor of the car which I believe isn't so open to being affected by the dirty air effect.

In the end the team will do whats best for them, not the spectators. I'm pretty sure they know what there doing when they tell their drivers to knock the revs back and save fuel while stuck behind a car.

Keiran
#20 - Vain
Quote from keiran :You have to remember that F1 teams don't race to entertain the crowd

Tell that the sponsors of F1/the teams, who keep that series going, or the TV broadcasters who buy the licenses.

Vain
#21 - wE1l
Quote from Vain :Not only does he burn more fuel and thus has to go into the pits earlier than when he drives behind silently, he also gets into dirty air, gets problems with engine-heat, brake-heat and tyre-wear. When, for example, Schumacher is behind Fisichella it is best to stay well behind, spare the engine and burn less fuel. The aerodynamics of the cars are so complex that it is very hard to drive behind someone with less than 0.5 seconds distance.
Overtaking someone is one of the worst thing you can do in F1.

Vain

I am confused at this idea that following someone would put you in disadvantage, I am even more confused how this comes to be a popular idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FU8Yx87c5o

They do get very close.
Alonso poses because he made a bet with his buddies that he would make fun of the grintch(sp error) in public

I think it was a little boring, but not as bad as the INDY 500 qualifing. they didn't even qualify. Rained too much at practice.
Funny how they risk the safety of stewards and other drivers, by removing a car right on the track side (montoya beached on the kerb) under yellow flags.

Any other race track, a safety car would have been called. But spanish gp, spanish leader, knowing schumi would catch if safety car came out........hmm
Quote from DejaVu :Funny how they risk the safety of stewards and other drivers, by removing a car right on the track side (montoya beached on the kerb) under yellow flags.

Any other race track, a safety car would have been called. But spanish gp, spanish leader, knowing schumi would catch if safety car came out........hmm

Yup. FIArrari at it's best.

Actually, thinking twice about it... Schumi would have lost big time if the safety car had come out, because in that exact moment (when Monty spun out) Schumacher was very very light on fuel and Alonso had just come out from pits, heavy tank and cold tyres, Schumacher HAD to go as fast as possible in order to overtake Fisichella at the pits. So... even worse!
Quote from Vain :Tell that the sponsors of F1/the teams, who keep that series going, or the TV broadcasters who buy the licenses.

Vain

The sponsors want the car to finish as high as it can . Can't comment about other TV broadcasters but ITV pretty much ruin theres by employing James Allen, the most annoying guy in the world. He couldn't shut up about Button and how Button should have beat Kimi had he not been held up by his team mate. That man repeats the same garbage every single race, we get the idea of the qualifying but he still has to explain it illepall I'm starting to go off topic now

Keiran
-

Spanish GP
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG